I'm considering changing the roles of my characters.

#1HatchetHoundPosted 4/9/2014 5:22:23 AM
For a bit, anyway. Make an Arisen a Pawn, maybe give a Pawn the chance to be an Arisen. Sounds fun. Hard to think which file should have what combination, though.

So I'm curious. If you were going to rent either of these Arisens as Pawns
Garrett: http://i.imgur.com/yqrsGPf.jpg
Rae: http://i.imgur.com/Y5L6EGn.jpg

Who would you rent and what would you want their stats to be? One of my pawns is magic-focused, and the other is a balanced build.

Dunno if I'm gonna do a total switch, but playing as a Dwarf would be interesting.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ElV9A.jpg - HatchetHound, drawn by masterpug53
#2DatDarkOnePosted 4/9/2014 9:45:07 AM
It's an interesting experience, especially when you hire your pawn from the other account. Miz Dove and have done it also.
---
It is defeat that you must learn to prepare for. http://i1309.photobucket.com/albums/s637/a-zajame/201_zps420736b5.jpg
GT:DatDarkOne Pawn: Alita
#3robert43sPosted 4/9/2014 10:13:38 AM
I like the look of Rae. But even more intriguing is the pawn next to Rae. Looks almost like a character out of a fantasy movie. Both are very well done.
---
GT: Rob ShadowHawk and DragonHunter720.
Remember, it's only a game, have fun and enjoy.
#4HatchetHound(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2014 11:23:25 AM(edited)
Ahh, thanks. That's Rae's main Pawn, Gil. I felt like a dwarf would be a good Pawn for a half-elf. Not a lot of those hanging out in the Rift. That's the magic-focused file, so Gil spends most of his time as a Mage or Sorcerer. GT: EcksentrikFKAH

On my balanced file(GT:DerpHatchet) I've already replaced Garrett with Gil, since a Dwarven Mystic Knight really appeals to me, and he never got to be one.

DatDarkOne posted...
It's an interesting experience, especially when you hire your pawn from the other account. Miz Dove and have done it also.

Yeah, it'll be neat renting his Mage self. Although I'm not calling the Arisen Gil, and I'll probably make a few other small changes.

There is a criminal lack of braided beards.
---
"Mistakes are just a part of learning. You dont become an Expert At Bandit Extermination without accidentally offing a few farmers, for instance."
#5robert43sPosted 4/9/2014 11:22:33 AM
Ah, that's the one weapon that's missing from DD, an axe. A dwarf, really needs an axe. It's just not lore otherwise.
---
#6Axel_GunshinPosted 4/9/2014 11:23:51 AM
robert43s posted...
Ah, that's the one weapon that's missing from DD, an axe. A dwarf, really needs an axe. It's just not lore otherwise.

Dwarves using magic isnt lore either.
---
Gamertag: I Tsunayoshi I - DDDA Pawn: Kisara
Alt Gamertag: DDDA Axel - DDDA Pawn: Junon
#7HatchetHound(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2014 11:29:51 AM
It just depends on the universe. It's not seen very often, so that's why I wanted to do it.
---
"Mistakes are just a part of learning. You dont become an Expert At Bandit Extermination without accidentally offing a few farmers, for instance."
#8TheDebaucheryPosted 4/9/2014 11:47:06 AM
I'm starting to suspect that my initial ideas for an optimal Arisen / Pawn size relationship may have been the wrong way around in so far as speed-optimising is concerned.

For ages I played a little midget Sorcerer with a tall, gangly Ranger / Strider (usually one or other) Pawn accompanying...
I figured out pretty sharpish that on average, a tall and super-spindly character will run faster than a short one, even if basic sprint-speed is supposed to be the same. Tall and spindly just works better. SO I made both my Arisen and Pawn super-tall, and while I kept my Arisen super-skinny as well, I just made a titan of my MP (mostly for extra carrying capacity) .... even when I turned her to a second Sorcerer...

BUT only during this break I've been taking from the game have I realised that I overlooked something vitally important:

If you run ahead of pawns or NPCs far enough... they tend to just port to you, don't they? So in theory, a fast-running pawn isn't all that necessary... and attack-reach isn't vital for a spellcaster.
SO maybe what I needed all along was a tall, spindly Arisen... and a small, stocky (for carrying capacity) main pawn.

See where I'm going with this?
#9closetblondePosted 4/9/2014 12:45:43 PM
Rae looks great but..damn! That dwarf is cool!
#10robert43sPosted 4/9/2014 12:50:31 PM
I concur with coolfire here, that dwarf is cool. Definitely reminds me of a dwarf in some fantasy film, I just cannot place which film though.
---