Rent And Be Rented Redux #51

#1darthpat1977Posted 7/19/2014 5:58:46 PM
Welcome to the Rent List, Karathrax is the List Keeper. This group is meant to help its members obtain RC, as rents are hard to come by.

YOU ARE LIMITED TO LISTING TWO GTS. YOU ARE REQUIRED TO RENT AND RETURN TWO PAWNS FROM THE LIST EACH WEEK. The next week will end Friday, July 25, 2014. You may join at any time; I will be fair if you join close to the deadline.

The Rent List is updated in response to GAMEFAQS PMs that are sent to my attention. The Googledoc link is HERE:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjIXb2UTQhvkdFZycWlXaWNwQXJMYlZ5QmlCWWlBYkE&usp=drive_web#gid=0

Refresh it frequently, it changes as often as several times daily.

THE RULES:

1. A posted Thank You is required in a specific format for each time you are rented. This is how I track rents for who is included on the list.

An example:

Thanks are due to:

Dorkmeister; 123,456 RC; 5/5/5*; Sour Ambrosial Meat

NOTE THE TWO SEMI-COLON SEPARATORS! Listing the rating, gift and a comment is optional, the first two fields are not. If you haven’t learned how to check information in your rentals, that’s ok… we’ll teach you how to do that. Just ask!

2. If you do not rent from the group, your name/GT will not show up in the Thank You posts.This is grounds for removal from the list. I will list the non-active GTs prior to doing so and give at least 24 hours notice via a topic post called “The Naughty List.” If sufficient thank-yous are posted in the following 24 hours, you’re all good.

The Naughty List is not to be construed as a Walk of Shame— it is a courtesy warning, not necessarily impending doom. PM Karathrax with your concerns and we'll talk.

3. This is not the place to list your name and then never be heard from again. The group expects EVERYONE to be an active renter and post received thanks, too! Yes, the Rent Topic is a chatty one, you need not participate in the conversation. Posting your rent thanks is sufficient.

Rent whomever you like. There should be no need to pay RC for any pawn in the Rent Group, feel free to send someone a Friend Request. Unless the person’s list is full, I highly doubt it will be refused.

4. Update your pawn’s level group and vocation changes by sending Karathrax a GF PM, please. The list is better when it’s accurate!

5. CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. We are all gamers here, and we all want our pawns to improve. If you have a suggestion for someone's pawn, make it. Recipients-- take advantage of the advice being offered, there are thousands of hours of experience available. Do not take it personally if you receive advice you weren't looking for, as advice is subjective. Do not take it personally if your advice is not taken, as advice is subjective.

6. Each new addition must be mentioned by someone else at least once in their first week, going by the date when listed. Those who are not thanked in that first week will be quietly dropped from the list.

Lastly, questions about the game/pawns/leveling are considered on topic.
---
GT: wolfzblood1977, DD:DA Pawn: Lobo Lv200 Ranger/Strider/Warrior
GT: darthpat1977, DD:DA Pawn: Lilith Lv200 Sorcerer/Strider
#2MiZDovePosted 7/19/2014 6:10:42 PM
First. :D
---
GT: MiZ Dove, Pawn: Crazy Horse, GT: MiZ Dove II, Pawn: Lagertha
Maybe you should put on some pants if you want to keep fighting evil today
#3darthpat1977(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2014 6:15:40 PM(edited)
Want in? PM Karathrax with your Gamefaqs name, XBL Gamertag, Pawn name, level and vocation.
---
GT: wolfzblood1977, DD:DA Pawn: Lobo Lv200 Ranger/Strider/Warrior
GT: darthpat1977, DD:DA Pawn: Lilith Lv200 Sorcerer/Strider
#4MiZDovePosted 7/19/2014 6:21:38 PM(edited)
Some photos to kick off the new topic

http://tinyurl.com/ldzuwf9
"I'm too sexy for this vagabond armor, too sexy for this vagabond armor, too...!"

http://tinyurl.com/oqaj3ox
Might as well jump! JUMP! Go ahead and jump.

XD
---
#5Jimmy_WeaselPosted 7/19/2014 6:25:37 PM
@ MiZDove & Fennel-27:

Thanks for that information, you two! I admit that the closer that I get to beating every aspect of the game for the first time, the slower I tend to go. It's been fun to savor it and still come across surprises even after months of play. So, no, I've never seen The Seneschal.

Yet, it would appear that Possum has...

MiZDove posted...
Fennel-27 posted...
Not sure why it's showing up as an unfamiliar enemy for you though since she has two stars already .

That's an extremely good point. Wish I could explain that one. You're correct that no one can do it for you. There is a glitch or two that enables someone getting The Seneschal knowledge when they haven't actually been there - but it's rare.

That's fascinating, really. I wonder if it has anything to do with the monster in Possum's nightmares...?
---
GT: Jimmy Weasel
Pawn: Possum (Mage) - Utilitarian / Challenger / Medicant
#6dm217Posted 7/19/2014 6:35:58 PM
Victoria gives thanks to:

o Dark Angel; 30,420 RC; 5/5/5; Liquid Vim; "Employed skills masterfully"
---
GT: PurpleDragon217
Pawn: Victoria - Strider, Level 200 - Scather/Challenger
#7MiZDovePosted 7/19/2014 6:41:26 PM(edited)
Jimmy_Weasel posted...

Yet, it would appear that Possum has...

See that's the thing, she can't have seen it without her Arisen. Perhaps someone else has an explanation about why she has 2 The Seneschal stars showing (as Unfamiliar foe at that) when you haven't gone there yet - other than the aforementioned rare glitches. Interesting!

*edit: oDA just told me that Vixen had 2 The Senschal stars showing as well, as Unfamiliar foe too because she also had not been through yet.

So I'm gonna need someone to explain to me, slowly apparently, how this rarity is not so rare afterall, and how they are getting those stars!
---
#8Jimmy_WeaselPosted 7/19/2014 6:42:03 PM
Beefstak posted...
I'm not sure what got into Possum but she seems a bit more outgoing than usual.

Yeah, I noticed that too...
She says it is partly Miu Matsuoka's fault. Back when AndreasStalin's Miu quite literally 'went rogue', reinventing herself briefly as 'Klepto-Miu', Possum desperately wanted in.

I guess P has always romanticized weasely thief-types. The cheap books that Possum hoards (and insists are actually great works of literature) have convinced her that many such scoundrels are rather heroic and good at heart on the inside. Hence what you had spied: the odd spell assortment and the clichéd cat-burglar outfit that appeared to be lifted right from the pages of a halfpenny novella.

Moreover, my suspicion is that Possum's behavior that day may also have been an effort, however amusing, to persuade some of the local veterans that she's not so meek as she seems outwardly. Admittedly, hers is a different sort of bravery than what is common among heroes. And, true, perhaps a culture of pawn viciousness does indeed reign here. Yet, I explained to her (hopefully well enough) that she needn't worry about impressing any of the thoughtful and perceptive folk in this place. They are a deeper lot who do not confuse aggression with courage, too often, and would never deem her cowardly just because she prefers not to bathe in the blood of her enemies.
Green is her color after all.

P.S.: Despite this, I still laugh out loud whenever Orianna says "Exudes Strength and Honor"!

http://imgur.com/a/kg6Jk
---
#9Jimmy_WeaselPosted 7/19/2014 6:42:34 PM
(Edit):
After reading over my analysis above, Possum assured me that it's really not as complicated as all that.
She just wanted MiZDove to like her...
---
#10Traff2828Posted 7/19/2014 6:57:28 PM
Ya no prob Miz. Well I can copy and paste it quick enough, but no I would rather not type all that again haha. Ya we were all over. I wonder if she found a weird path down a cliff or something to catch up to me. Or possible there is somewhere you have to visit multiple times, or maybe only counts if it is a specific time window. Never know with these programmers.