Question about DLC and dark arisen

#1GiftedACIIIPosted 7/19/2014 6:01:30 PM
I bought this game 2 years ago but haven't had any interest in playing it until now. What I'd like to know is this Dark Arisen expansion. I heard a lot of the DLC was removed from the original and given to DA. Is that true? And what new things are in DA? Do I need to sell the original and get DA to get the full stories? Apparently there's a whole 25 new enemies in the 1 year rerelease
---
Only a complete moron would commit the same violation over and over even after being warned for it
#2Orianna_Posted 7/19/2014 6:06:07 PM
get DA.. Keep your Vanilla save to get some free gifts. you can transfer your character over from vanilla.

The dlc wasnt removed as far as I know but it is included for free in DA
---
GT: Alfman1 Pawn: Soraka. Level 200 Mage/Sorc (Util/Chal/Miti/Scather/Medi)
If I say i'll send you items, PM me on here or xbox so I don't forget you. Cheers!
#3Dotang34Posted 7/19/2014 6:18:09 PM
If it means anything to you, I can't stand to go back to Vanilla now, but I also can't stand to make a new Dark Arisen file without having a Vanilla file previously. The gifts are very helpful. Not game breaking, but are super convenient.
---
Currently playing: Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, Pokemon Heart Gold, Tomodachi Life, Boktai 2: Solar Boy Django
GT: xX Horris Xx - Pawn: Freyah
#4GiftedACIII(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2014 8:53:58 AM
Thanks for the answers! I haven't actually started the game yet but what I'm getting is that playing through the vanilla version without any DLC and the such would give just as good of an experience and I could upgrade later if I liked the game? Also, what are all of the stuff that the expansion adds?
---
Only a complete moron would commit the same violation over and over even after being warned for it
#5KarathraxPosted 7/20/2014 1:56:43 PM
What you'll find is that the game's challenge will go away once you hit about level 50-60. In Dark Arisen, it does not, because the expansion area provides enough of a challenge for even level 200 (the level cap).

All of the DLC from the original game has been included, free, in the expansion version. Some of the old DLC was removed from the marketplace because it caused conflicts and save data corruption-- this was fixed, according to Capcom, in the expansion version.
---
GT/PSN: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti
Twitch: Karathrax
#6enjelsamaPosted 7/20/2014 4:16:14 PM(edited)
The Starter Packs for DD are not included and Hard Mode on PSN store got pulled.
Thou those DLC's only work for DD and not Dark Arisen.

Hrad Mode is default with Dark Arisen, So no loss.
---
Mmmm Choco Cookies
Capcom Moderator: Yuffie