Level 50 Sorcerer in Post-Game. Reliable method of increasing ST, HLTH and STAM?

#1spiritmightPosted 7/20/2014 8:46:16 PM
Hi,

I spent my first about 40 or so levels leveling as a Mage and then Sorcerer, and I think that I'm finally beginning to understand how detrimental this might have been to some other useful stats like health and stamina.

I've begun the practice of "farming" for Discipline and Vocation Rank using the hostile soldiers in the Noble Quarter by standing on the ledge, letting the Pawns handle it, and then leaving the PS3 on overnight or until I come back from work. I've maxed out Fighter, I think Ranger, and I'm pretty up there in a few others.

My question is, which vocation should I tackle the post-game in in order to improve my other, physical stats like health, defense, and stamina? Strength is probably needed as well because since I've been playing with pure magic my sword attacks do pitiful damage to even the Gran Soren soldiers unless the attacks are enchanted.

Any help would be appreciated.
#2KarathraxPosted 7/20/2014 9:31:24 PM(edited)
You're not going to cripple yourself having leveled like this. My main Arisen is 1/4 Sorcerer, 3/4 Mystic Knight, which is pretty much arguably some of the worst way to level in terms of stamina and strength, and I do, well, pretty good at whatever I've chosen to do. This game's very forgiving when it comes to playing how you choose as end-game equipment is so powerful it makes up for most perceived deficiencies; careful augment choices and curatives/tools can address the rest.

You've got great MDEF and MATT for now. Try to concentrate on stamina and strength. For that, pre-100 Assassin or Ranger (fabulous stamina, lesser strength than Assassin, though) will do great at building those two stats. I suggest that you stick with Assassin pre-100 and think about what you want to be at 200. Assassin isn't bad for DEF, though Fighter is better-- but Fighter will have a negative impact on your stamina.

Obviously you enjoy the magick aspect of this game. Shooting for 3300-3500 stamina and around 300 in base DEF and MDEF will serve you well. If you end up with around 600 in magick and (hopefully) at least 500 in strength at level 200, you'll make a really excellent Sorcerer, MK, MA, Strider, Ranger, Assassin, and even Mage, should you want to play one. My strength is 374, magick 580 and stamina 3004 to give you an idea of what my first and favorite Arisen is-- an excellent MK, MA, Sorcerer and Mage, and decent Strider, Ranger and Assassin.
---
GT/PSN: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti
Twitch: Karathrax
#3MrBagelsaurusPosted 7/21/2014 12:30:01 AM
Warrior gives the most health, and second most str per level.
---
GT: Bagelsaurus, Hardmode for life.
#4KarathraxPosted 7/21/2014 1:46:58 AM(edited)
...and, alas, the least amount of stamina, on par with Mage.
---
GT/PSN: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti
Twitch: Karathrax
#5Orianna_Posted 7/21/2014 4:50:43 AM
This is incredibly useful..

Save it to your bookmarks bar =D

http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Stat_Growths
---
GT: Alfman1 Pawn: Soraka. Level 200 Mage/Sorc (Util/Chal/Miti/Scather/Medi)
If I say i'll send you items, PM me on here or xbox so I don't forget you. Cheers!
#6spiritmight(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2014 1:15:22 PM
I got some pretty good replies, and I've decided that I'll give Assassin a try for the next 20 or 30 levels.

But I'm still worried about using my Sorcerer stats as an Assasin. I've got the vocation for Assasin maxed out, but I will literally do negligible damage to any and all enemies in the post-game. Same goes for pretty much any physical vocation besides Magic Archer.

Should I just do NG+ and focus on using a physical job? Or will the low amounts of experience offered early in the game make it so that leveling takes forever?
#7Dotang34Posted 7/22/2014 1:43:53 PM(edited)
Use an enchanted weapon. One that has an element to it. Just look at the weapon's stats. If it adds Magic Attack when you equip it, it'll use your magic attack for damage. You always have options this way. I'm sure someone here on the board could send you a nice Light based sword called Ascalon. It's a very strong sword, and works well whether you have strength, magic, or both as your primary stats.

EDIT: I may have one actually. What's your GT? To get it, you need your pawn to be a Fighter, as that's how you send equipment. To send gear, you need to equip it to their pawn. If their pawn can't use it, you can't send it (thus making Maces, Magic Shields, and Magic Bows untradable)
---
Currently playing: Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, Pokemon Heart Gold, Tomodachi Life, Boktai 2: Solar Boy Django
GT: xX Horris Xx - Pawn: Freyah
#8spiritmight(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2014 1:57:11 PM
Dotang34 posted...
Use an enchanted weapon. One that has an element to it. Just look at the weapon's stats. If it adds Magic Attack when you equip it, it'll use your magic attack for damage. You always have options this way. I'm sure someone here on the board could send you a nice Light based sword called Ascalon. It's a very strong sword, and works well whether you have strength, magic, or both as your primary stats.

EDIT: I may have one actually. What's your GT? To get it, you need your pawn to be a Fighter, as that's how you send equipment. To send gear, you need to equip it to their pawn. If their pawn can't use it, you can't send it (thus making Maces, Magic Shields, and Magic Bows untradable)

I really appreciate the offer, but I'm playing on PS3 :(

I posted here because this board seemed more active than the PS3 board.

I will do my due diligence and search for an adequate magick weapon, though. :)
#9Dotang34Posted 7/22/2014 2:11:49 PM
spiritmight posted...
Dotang34 posted...

I really appreciate the offer, but I'm playing on PS3 :(

I posted here because this board seemed more active than the PS3 board.

I will do my due diligence and search for an adequate magick weapon, though. :)

Ah right, your initial post said as much.

The Xbox boards are more active on the vanilla ones (for both vanilla and DA content) while the PS3 boards moved over to Dark Arisen's board. It's fairly confusing. There should be some nice daggers in the blacksmith called Chilling Razors. If you use them you should be fine. In perspective, my pawn Freyah, now level 168, is still using them.
---
Currently playing: Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, Pokemon Heart Gold, Tomodachi Life, Boktai 2: Solar Boy Django
GT: xX Horris Xx - Pawn: Freyah