Items you love the look of but can't really justify using because of their stats

#1Dotang34Posted 7/29/2014 9:29:52 PM
Me, I love love LOVE the Iron Lorica. I dunno why... I guess just get a dark colored shirt underneath, an Ebon Neck Wrap, and a sweet looking Longbow (I actually like the second Longbow, the Plain Longbow) and you've got yourself a pretty cool looking pawn, in my opinion. Looks better on Medium sized characters, rather than big though.
---
DD:Dark Arisen: GT xX Horris Xx - Pawn: Freyah, Lv 200 Strider
Alt GT: StellularDrop87 - Pawn: Alexander, lv 35 Sorcerer (soon to be Warrior)
#2DatDarkOnePosted 7/29/2014 9:34:09 PM
I love the look of the Bezel Crown, but not worth using since DA nerf the bonus. My favorite weapons are the Kunai and Repellar Bow.
---
It is defeat that you must learn to prepare for. http://imgur.com/Wbj4sJI
GT:DatDarkOne Alt: WraithWings Alt: CujoGojiro
#3DrNick2008Posted 7/29/2014 9:40:49 PM(edited)
Since the DA expansion, I cannot justify using the Dark Lorica and Holy Cuisses combo that looks so uber-cool... especially with the Nebula Cape that my Julia and Arisen still equip.

I know some folks here will disagree, but I feel the same way about the Chilling Razors... they just don't measure up to HKs or Sapfire Daggers.
---
Teach me the ways of the secular flesh.
GT: Dr Nick 1971
#4Dotang34(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2014 9:40:20 PM
DrNick2008 posted...
Since the DA expansion, I cannot justify using the Dark Lorica and Holy Cuisses combo that looks so uber-cool... especially with the Nebula Cape that my Julia and Arisen still equip.

I know some folks here will disagree, but I feel the same way about the Chilling Razors... they just don't measure up to HKs or Sapfire Daggers.

You mean you like the Chilling Razors or you don't like them?

I love the look. The light blue is a refreshing change from all the bright yellow lol. I think Sapfires look sort of ugly...
---
DD:Dark Arisen: GT xX Horris Xx - Pawn: Freyah, Lv 200 Strider
Alt GT: StellularDrop87 - Pawn: Alexander, lv 35 Sorcerer (soon to be Warrior)
#5DrNick2008Posted 7/29/2014 9:43:01 PM
Dotang34 posted...
You mean you like the Chilling Razors or you don't like them?

I love the look. The light blue is a refreshing change from all the bright yellow lol. I think Sapfires look sort of ugly...

I love the look of the Chilling Razors, that glowing blue is so ominous. It just doesn't meet DA damage standards any longer.

Along with that... the Fey Whisper is still the coolest looking bow in the game, and is now utterly useless. Too bad. :'(
---
Teach me the ways of the secular flesh.
GT: Dr Nick 1971
#6BlaggerflaggerPosted 7/29/2014 9:45:48 PM
if it looks good, that's enough justification to use for me. It also depends on where your at in the game. most of the armors have a point in the game where they are the best or close enough to the best to justify using even if they didn't look that good.

But if were talking overall when at endgame then i have i big list of armors: Archer's Silhouettes, Flutter padding(with or w/o shoulder pads), Holy Cuisses, Burnished Bracers, All midnight set, Harpies Cape, Monomi set, assembled breeches, carmines breeches, Direwolf Veil, Coupled Headgear, Meloirean set, Scale Coat, Bronze set, Fake Guards armor, Fop's traveling wears(what I am currently wearing), Masters bracers, Padded Armor, Battle Greaves, Assault boots(actually pretty good), Hard Leather Plate.. thats all i could think of off the top of my head :P
---
Gamertag: Blaggerflagger, Arisen: Rayn, Companion: Wolf - Lvl: <50 http://imgur.com/piaDmyC
#7BlaggerflaggerPosted 7/29/2014 9:48:19 PM
but i assure you there's plenty more... lol
---
Gamertag: Blaggerflagger, Arisen: Rayn, Companion: Wolf - Lvl: <50 http://imgur.com/piaDmyC
#8DatDarkOnePosted 7/29/2014 9:49:21 PM
I've been tempted to try some of the old weapons again just to see how ineffective they are now. I've already tried the Kunai. They weren't bad, but that could have been due to my high str stat. Next, the Repellar Bow. It happens to be one of the original DLC that was useful and not suck.
---
It is defeat that you must learn to prepare for. http://imgur.com/Wbj4sJI
GT:DatDarkOne Alt: WraithWings Alt: CujoGojiro
#9vamboozledPosted 7/29/2014 10:02:42 PM
I use Tiara of Enlightenment on Faith because fighter helms in DA are just too damn ugly lol
---
GT: Fiore1984 - Pawn: Faith (<150 Fighter Scather/Mitigator/Challenger)
#10KarathraxPosted 7/29/2014 10:04:02 PM
Whenever I'm adventuring in Gransys, I remove my BBI equipment and rings and go back to what I used to wear. Admittedly it's all gold Dragonforged, but hey.

I still love my Ascalon.
---
GT/PSN: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti
Twitch: Karathrax