Items you love the look of but can't really justify using because of their stats

#11jlfish82Posted 7/30/2014 12:09:23 AM
Karathrax posted...
Whenever I'm adventuring in Gransys, I remove my BBI equipment and rings and go back to what I used to wear. Admittedly it's all gold Dragonforged, but hey.

I still love my Ascalon.

Ditto. The ascalon is a beautiful sword. So is the Dogma, and I also like the Carnation--great for a ninja look. My arisen changes, and sometimes my pawn does as well when I'm offline.
Allie used to wear the blue longkilt under the mummer's wear, and I liked the two tone blue. Also the Jade bangles.

And oddly enough, I really like the look of the Cassardis stuff. Especially the plebian shirt. I dunno why, it's just kind of versatile and looks like a medieval peasant's gear.
---
GT: Blue Cresh / Pawn: Allie (Mage)
Alts: 26, what do you need?
#12BeefstakPosted 7/30/2014 1:32:21 AM
I always use whatever armor I think looks good. Weapons on the other hand I go high - higher end. I can make due with lower defense stats (read carry more wakestones and curatives) but hard use low end weaponry and wouldn't think of it on Psylocke as others might be using her.
---
A street hustler Vorcha on the Silver Coast strip.
GT Boba Fistmaster
#13DrNick2008Posted 7/30/2014 1:41:43 AM
Karathrax posted...
Whenever I'm adventuring in Gransys, I remove my BBI equipment and rings and go back to what I used to wear. Admittedly it's all gold Dragonforged, but hey.

I do something similar when doing the Gransys tour. My Arisen and Julia equip only Cassardis-level weapons and armor... basically all level 1 stuff (all unenhanced). Not only that, but all rings and augments are unequipped as well... except for Articulacy because that extra half second can drive one bonkers. Lol. I love fighting the Bluemoon Tower wyvern (and the unending snow harpy spawns) as he is by far the toughest enemy for the 2 of us with my playstyle. It's often a nerve-wracking 15+ minute battle. Yay!
---
Teach me the ways of the secular flesh.
GT: Dr Nick 1971
#14closetblondePosted 7/30/2014 2:07:13 AM
I wear whatever looks good but have two sets of weapons; the Gransys set where I pick up whatever I like the look of, and my BBI set which is the uberest weapons I have for that vocation. If my arisen isn't a magic archer or sorceror she's going to do 0 damage otherwise :/

Reimi just takes whatever she wants to, preferably gold or silver. my pawn has expensive tastes XD
#15Orianna_Posted 7/30/2014 9:39:19 AM
As a Marcher, I'm used to seeing the blackwing bow.

There are many beautiful magick bows i'd love to use but can't justify doing so for this reason =D

Heralds helix, militant dove, gimble gyre and the very most metered Catharsis (looks best and has worst stats)

Sad times =(
---
GT: Alfman1 Pawn: Soraka. Level 200 Mage/Sorc (Util/Chal/Miti/Scather/Medi)
If I say i'll send you items and you don't get them, PM me on here or xbox. Cheers!
#16TheDebaucheryPosted 7/30/2014 3:44:33 PM
Number 1 reason why I save edit this game : So I can wear whatever the hell I want without having to worry about being too weak to fight in it. Too bad for all those "legits" who are basically forced into making cookie-cutter shotoclone characters for stat reasons.

Still... I tend to err on the side of using BBI armour in some form because the bonus features are too good to pass up.
#17PoptartJuniperPosted 7/30/2014 3:59:29 PM
I dress my pawn however I like. I even give him lower level weapons depending on what I am working on. He has good stats regardless of what he is wearing. I like him better that way... Holy Cuisses and all.
---
GT/PSN: PoptartJuniper | DD:DA Pawns Devon/Perrin | (PSN) Stormageddon |
Alt GT: Grumpy Slug43 | DD:DA Pawn Milah |
#18DanOverboardPosted 7/30/2014 5:04:46 PM
I like using Edens Warden on the surface of Gransys.

As for armor, as long as my DEF or MDEF is not under 5-600 then I just wear what I want ... even down in BBI. Hard mode. Blindfolded. In 360p. On meds. Wearing boxing gloves.
---
GTs: DanOnFire, DanOnFireToo
Dragon's Dogma Pawns Illustrated: http://imgur.com/a/zyw7P
#19Quorthon109Posted 7/31/2014 8:23:12 PM
I just found an Almace on an alt that I started. I forgot how much I like this sword, it reminds me of Chillrend from the Elder Scrolls series. Too bad it gets outclassed so badly.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Kjo08.jpg
#20BlaggerflaggerPosted 7/31/2014 8:35:37 PM
DanOverboard posted...
I like using Edens Warden on the surface of Gransys.

As for armor, as long as my DEF or MDEF is not under 5-600 then I just wear what I want ... even down in BBI. Hard mode. Blindfolded. In 360p. On meds. Wearing boxing gloves.

lol..
---
Gamertag: Blaggerflagger, Arisen: Rayn, Companion: Wolf - Lvl: <50 http://imgur.com/piaDmyC