Rent and Be Rented Redux #55

#331BeefstakPosted 8/14/2014 4:26:15 PM
This might be a question for another topic, but I know the folks here can help. Lurch is level 30 and I don't wanna go straight to 200 or anything, but aside from hard mode is there a good way to level up fairly quickly before Grigori.. or should I just finish the story then farm the everfall never really tried to power level myself, but there is a shortage of 50< pawns on the list. So I'd like to jump to 60ish and lately work has decided my RL is more important than my Arisen's.
---
TimeShinigami posted...Boba is too polite to be a dude.
GT Boba Fistmaster
#332jlfish82Posted 8/14/2014 5:02:35 PM
Yeah, the Everfall is your best bet outside of hard mode. I guess there's always the Devilfire drake as well.

I have a few lower level guys that are sufficient for the pre-Gregori part of the world that you could get an exp bonus from if you're interested. Not that I answered to promote my team...necessarily...
---
GT: Blue Cresh / Pawn: Allie (Mage)
Alts: 26, what do you need?
#333LeorukoPosted 8/14/2014 5:05:11 PM
I am new to this so here is my pawn and sorry about the other message I had some typo's

My pawn maax is well built mage he has grand Healing and good defense for a mage he will enchant your weapons when needed he wears so BBI rare armor not the full set the gloves and boots that let him carry more items so he's a mobile storage as well as a good healer and the grave gauntlets he has 3017 Hp and has he also has dominion claw staff so he is semi powerful and most of his gear is 3 stars also you can feel free to add me on xbox my GT:Th3SpicyJesus Hope you rent my pawn and he serves you well if you do rent my pawn it will help me cause i am low on rift crystals so it would be much appreciated if you do thank you very much!
---
Xbox GT:Th3SpicyJesus Add me if you feel the need
#334CaldaenPosted 8/14/2014 5:14:13 PM
Beefstak posted...
...aside from hard mode is there a good way to level up fairly quickly before Grigori.

If you're able to kill things on your own, an easy way to level up is to take the experience gains from running solo without Pawns (Autonomy). When you're ready for your Pawn to catch up, he will do so very very quickly. (Andyse gains a level when I accidentally kill a spider).
---
Xbox GT: SaturatedMax Pawn: Andyse Level 100 Mage/Sorcerer
Alt: BarrelHornet3 Pawn: Ansel Level 200 Sorcerer/Strider
#335MiZDovePosted 8/14/2014 5:34:21 PM
Awww... I'm so not a fan of leveling up quickly. I've been told it makes pawns stupid - I don't know if that is true. I suppose it depends on how you level up.

I like baby Lurch. http://imgur.com/k9ZeIEs :D

But there really is a shortage of <50 pawns, so I get it.
---
GT: MiZ Dove / Crazy Horse - lvl 200 Sorcerer
Maybe you should put on some pants if you want to keep fighting evil today
#336MiZDovePosted 8/14/2014 5:52:39 PM
Big thanks go out to:

PoptartJuniper; 30,210 RCs; 5*; Jewel of Darkness!; Employed skills masterfully;
xMoRtEm; 813,325 RCs; 5*; BBN1s; Was an invaluable asset; :D
LordDaymein; 8,007 RCs; 5*; Mages Periapt; Saved us countless times;

Honorary thanks to:
Closetblonde; 338,548 RCs; 5*; Lordly Emblem; I stand impressed, ser!;
Redolent10; 77,788 RCs; 5*; Moldy Twigbean (LOL); Was an invaluable asset;
Otomo Tenzi 16x2; 543,840 RCs; 5*; Netherstone; Kept Sour Amb. Meat; Moonstone; Excelled all regards; Always a pleasure;
Mister BIP; 56,910 RCs; 5*; Pilgrim's Charm; Is simply perfect!;
MadDrago2020; 15,840 RC; 5*; Giant Fish!; I stand impressed, ser!
MadDrago2020; 54,515 RCs; 5*; Giant Fish!; Saved us countless times;
XxPychopathxX; 172,128 RCs; 3*; bodybag oops. :D

Thank you all so much! :)
---
#337Orianna_Posted 8/14/2014 5:52:50 PM
It is kinda true dove.
The reason it gimps pawns is because you don't fight a wide variety of foes.

To powerfarm you use something like the Wight to spawn skeletons over and over meaning your pawn only gains kills and knowledge against those enemies.

Again if you only level in the everfall, you'll get a bit more of a selection in enemies but again, you limit the pawns knowledge to things that spawn in the everfall.
---
GT: Alfman1 Pawn: Soraka. Level 200 Mage/Sorc (Util/Chal/Miti/Scather/Medi)
If I say i'll send you items and you don't get them, PM me on here or xbox. Cheers!
#338nukkahTCPosted 8/14/2014 6:06:06 PM
well that sucks.. hope mandy isnt too stupid lol i just hit 200 using pilgrim charms
---
GT: xMoRtEm Level 160 Sorcerer, Pawn: Handy Mandy Level 160 Sorcerer
#339MiZDovePosted 8/14/2014 6:15:23 PM
@Beefstak, you could just rent high level pawns from the list, and to heck with it. I did that my entire first playthrough and never noticed a thing. Yes, there is an XP penalty, but I never even noticed any slow leveling at all. There are also benefits - like your pawn learning from their tactics.

Personally, I'd prefer that to leveling up too quickly so that you can rent those same pawns. I would think it would be better to enjoy your alt's growth. That's just my 2 cents.
---
#340MiZDovePosted 8/14/2014 6:17:12 PM
Orianna_ posted...
...gimps pawns...

LOL ^^^^
---