Death is kind of... pathetic

#1starlitegirlxPosted 8/23/2014 12:19:03 AM
So this loser can't even manage not to get stuck in the wall in most of my runs. Any of the garden of ignomy type maps and he just zooms into the wall with his lantern hanging out (clearly this doesn't not help his vision) then hovers there with that music playing for God knows how long while I wait for him to, you know, get with the program. So I have to actually help this tool out by moving to an area where he can actually dislodge himself from the wall.

I'm starting to see why this idiot went nuts. Even with teleportation he still can't get the jump on me, or any of us I'm sure. He has massive weapons at his disposal and still cannot kill me unless I'm pinned down by other foes. Makes him more of nuisance than an actual threat. My pawn scoffed at him and gave him a few rounds of blast arrows. Wish I had stocked him up more.
#2Dimon101Posted 8/23/2014 1:52:34 AM
the only annoying thing i find about death is my pawns tend to run towards him and give him a hug and get killed for doing it..other than that..his moves are easy to dodge and predictable..death is only hard if your below level 100..at least he was for me..
---
"What's with the Hand-Nose thing?" ~ Wein Cruz talking about Hans from Growlanser Generations
#3starlitegirlx(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2014 7:43:58 AM
I"m not saying he's hard. I'm saying he's a nuisance. He gets stuck in the wall and I have to move to a place to unstick him.
#4DatDarkOnePosted 8/23/2014 7:48:22 AM
Haha. You StarLite have just figured out the epic trollness of Death. At higher levels he is more a nuisance than anything else.
---
It is defeat that you must learn to prepare for. http://imgur.com/Wbj4sJI
GT:DatDarkOne Alt: WraithWings Alt: CujoGojiro
#5starlitegirlx(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2014 10:30:15 AM
DatDarkOne posted...
Haha. You StarLite have just figured out the epic trollness of Death. At higher levels he is more a nuisance than anything else.

Yup. He's a troll. I like to troll him back in the gutters with riccochet on my MA. It's so much fun!
#6SinamoiPosted 8/23/2014 5:03:09 PM(edited)
Death was a absolute massive disappointment for me, he isn't very fun to battle at all. Is a shame, because when I saw him in the trailer for Dark Arisen, or whatever it was, on youtube, I was really excited for his addition.

To my disappointment, though:

-Only has two attacks, both of which are extremely predictable and almost impossible to hit you unless you start playing badly due to the entire fight quite frankly being a snooze fest.

-Runs away soon after engaging.

So what could have had potential to be a fun and intense battle, was instead made into an absolute joke of a battle and a disgrace to the entity known as Death.

Subjective of course, there might be people who genuinely enjoy the battle, I would hope they would be hard-pressed to find though. I honestly cannot see what there is to enjoy about this battle. I've had more trouble from the standard Chimera in the Everfall than Death himself in every instance, and it goes without saying that the Chimera in question does not see much action in our encounters.
#7starlitegirlx(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2014 5:31:15 PM
Sinamoi posted...
Death was a absolute massive disappointment for me, he isn't very fun to battle at all. Is a shame, because when I saw him in the trailer for Dark Arisen, or whatever it was, on youtube, I was really excited for his addition.

-Only has two attacks, both of which are extremely predictable and almost impossible to hit you unless you start playing badly due to the entire fight quite frankly being a snooze fest.

So what could have had potential to be a fun and intense battle, was instead made into an absolute joke of a battle and a disgrace to the entity known as Death.

Subjective of course, there might be people who genuinely enjoy the battle, I would hope they would be hard-pressed to find though. I honestly cannot see what there is to enjoy about this battle. I've had more trouble from the standard Chimera in the Everfall than Death himself in every instance, and it goes without saying that the Chimera in question does not see much action in our encounters.

I agree with this. I find it most annoying that he leaves after a bar of health is gone. This means he's gone before you can really get going on whittling him down. I can blow off the bars but not THAT fast. I suspect they did that to drag it out to the end of BBI and maybe even a second run. Thing is that it just gets annoying and I kind of don't care about killing him other than the fact that he's a nuisance. Even if he kills me, not a big deal. Like when I was grabbed by a hoard of undead when running from him, he did the sleep attack or maybe it was the banshee. So he only got me because there were other foes working against me that happened to grab me as I ran by. Should have double jumped over them. But it was more of a eyerolling nuisance than anything else. And the predictability of his teleports is pure comedy. The second he vanishes I start to move forward to where he was and at that moment that I'm moving forward his shadow shows up in front of me. The only way you bet hit from teleport is if you are pinned down or haven't figured that move out.

What a waste of my time. Killing him is more akin to getting rid of a hoard of leapworms or snakes that are poisoning you. Not deadly, but a nuisance.
#8Dimon101Posted 8/23/2014 7:32:55 PM
starlitegirlx posted...
Sinamoi posted...

I agree with this. I find it most annoying that he leaves after a bar of health is gone. This means he's gone before you can really get going on whittling him down. I can blow off the bars but not THAT fast. I suspect they did that to drag it out to the end of BBI and maybe even a second run. Thing is that it just gets annoying and I kind of don't care about killing him other than the fact that he's a nuisance. Even if he kills me, not a big deal. Like when I was grabbed by a hoard of undead when running from him, he did the sleep attack or maybe it was the banshee. So he only got me because there were other foes working against me that happened to grab me as I ran by. Should have double jumped over them. But it was more of a eyerolling nuisance than anything else. And the predictability of his teleports is pure comedy. The second he vanishes I start to move forward to where he was and at that moment that I'm moving forward his shadow shows up in front of me. The only way you bet hit from teleport is if you are pinned down or haven't figured that move out.

What a waste of my time. Killing him is more akin to getting rid of a hoard of leapworms or snakes that are poisoning you. Not deadly, but a nuisance.

Actually when i fought him at lower levels..i found it challenging and the wall getting stuck trick helped me a couple times..at higher levels he is boring and predictible..
---
"What's with the Hand-Nose thing?" ~ Wein Cruz talking about Hans from Growlanser Generations
#9fettman53Posted 8/23/2014 8:45:44 PM
Really, the only thing level truly affects in this battle is how long it takes for him to fall. No matter what level you are, one hit and you're dead. It really is a matter of not getting hit, which is simple. Would be nice if he remained and fought.
---
GT: Fettman 53
Pawn: Harue
#10SinamoiPosted 8/23/2014 9:17:28 PM(edited)
Would be nice if he had some multi hit combos or some such and cast some dark element spells, not just a two attacks that take 10mins to prepare.

Would've loved for him to enter a phase where he effectively utilizes his own damn teleport ability. Like, maybe a charge-up teleport, (to give you some warning) teleports to the player and insta-death scythes them. If you were already moving due to seeing Death charge up the teleport, it would be avoidable. And that's just something simple, and not particularly anything special, I could turn Death into a monstrous killing machine the likes of which he deserves to be.

Sigh. Sometimes I think I should be a games dev.