what was the lowest lv. you fought the dragon on?

#1dragnslayer573Posted 8/30/2014 1:34:32 PM
36, it was torture, i died 3 times, and was a warrior, i hated just standing there waiting for the dragon to stop flying
---
In the end, we're all just chalk lines on the concrete, drawn only to be washed away, for the time I've been given, I am what I am.
#2giantsirslayerPosted 8/30/2014 1:52:15 PM
About the same but i used the bastilla
---
why do i have to be getting so old.....Xbox gt GiantSir Slayer
#3KarathraxPosted 8/30/2014 2:05:47 PM
---
GT/PSN: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti
Twitch: Karathrax
#4starlitegirlxPosted 8/30/2014 2:23:01 PM
Forty something. It was very frustrating as I was a magic knight and just couldn't move or jump fast enough with that hawking sheild on my back. The tower run alone was a nightmare being bogged down with all that weight and trying to jump while the ground falls out beneath me. *sigh* NEVER. AGAIN. Well, not as a MK. That shield looks like a piano on my back.
---
GT: starlitegirlx Pawn: Argon lvl 200 Strider
#5dragnslayer573(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2014 2:53:31 PM
starlitegirlx posted...
Forty something. It was very frustrating as I was a magic knight and just couldn't move or jump fast enough with that hawking sheild on my back. The tower run alone was a nightmare being bogged down with all that weight and trying to jump while the ground falls out beneath me. *sigh* NEVER. AGAIN. Well, not as a MK. That shield looks like a piano on my back.

lol i personally find the tower run a like Temple Run
---
In the end, we're all just chalk lines on the concrete, drawn only to be washed away, for the time I've been given, I am what I am.
#6Dawn_LurkerPosted 8/30/2014 3:01:46 PM
starlitegirlx posted...

I feel your pain as a warrior ~lvl 42 chasing the dragon was no fun, like you say. & yeah running out of stamina on the way there not even being able to dent him. Was just embarrassing.

Just highlighted how crap warriors were at scaling dragons to bash them in the heart with.. the butt end of your bigass weapon ? Gimme a break. And what skills to use on a mobile dragon as a warrior? Ugh the fight should have lasted 10 mins as a strider, but I dragged it out to like 50 mins lol
---
Dragon's Dogma DA: Xbox GT Mr Deaks, Pawn name Sin (formerly TURBO)
#7dragnslayer573(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2014 3:03:48 PM
Dawn_Lurker posted...
starlitegirlx posted...

I feel your pain as a warrior ~lvl 42 chasing the dragon was no fun, like you say. & yeah running out of stamina on the way there not even being able to dent him. Was just embarrassing.

Just highlighted how crap warriors were at scaling dragons to bash them in the heart with.. the butt end of your bigass weapon ? Gimme a break. And what skills to use on a mobile dragon as a warrior? Ugh the fight should have lasted 10 mins as a strider, but I dragged it out to like 50 mins lol

or 5 seconds if you have the maker's finger
---
#8Dawn_LurkerPosted 8/30/2014 3:15:35 PM
Well this WAS my first run (sure as hell won't make the mistake of goin warrior again!)

And Dont you miss out on all the goodies with makers finger
---
Dragon's Dogma DA: Xbox GT Mr Deaks, Pawn name Sin (formerly TURBO)
#9starlitegirlxPosted 8/30/2014 3:24:23 PM
This was my first time as well. I fell to my death so many times because I couldn't make the jumps as I ran across the tower or because I couldn't see where the damn ground was. I was ready to scream. So frustrated.

But I really hate the whole dragon part. I hate how you have to run backwards and how there are all these cutscenes where all of a sudden you aren't even playing the game anymore. It's really horribly done. I appreciate the idea but for a boss battle, taking control away from the player several times, having the navigate the map in reverse, leap across a falling tower with restricted vision at certain points... it was kind of absurd. Not absurd in that I can see that actually happening - well the tower part anyway. But making me run backwards after yanking control from me..... it was so terribly awkward. It's my least favorite part of the entire game. Fighting the dragon itself is fine though I always laugh at how the arrow from the ballista misses and yet it hits. But that part, I can't stand it. Cut scenes in the middle of what is supposed to be an epic boss battle are just a really bad idea. Truly.
---
#10starlitegirlxPosted 8/30/2014 3:31:37 PM
Dawn_Lurker posted...
starlitegirlx posted...

I don't know how anyone plays this game as a warrior for more than periods to level up. Even MK has some limitations and challenges but it's workable to a degree. The challenge to me was not being able to reach a lot of targets. MK has some great magic at their disposal. I just never really learned to work it all that well. Great cannon felt clumsy aim wise to me. Powerful but targeting with a sword... awkward. Ruinous sigil was fun. The final battle was just too frustrating to me as an MK. As an MA I feel more nimble for the run you have to do and the leaping and grabbing. I feel I have more control, more precision.
---