How do you go fullscreen?

#1weitzgrPosted 5/24/2012 2:52:50 PM
I have been gaming since NES and have never played a game that was not fullscreen and have played more games than most. It is amazing how much screen you lose in this. I have a 55" 16:9 1080P Samsung LED that is connected to my PS3 via HDMI. These black bars are a real game killer. I am ok with them in movies but only because I have gotten used to them I suppose. On the rare occasion when I find a fullscreen Blu-Ray it is a far superior experience. Any idea how to get rid of this crap? I have tried turning off Cinematic Camera but that appears to do nothing. Thanks for your input.
#2darkshadowmasterPosted 5/24/2012 2:55:28 PM
I don't remember any black bars on my TV screen, did you not move the arrows to the edge of your screen like it told you?
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#3JtrunksPosted 5/24/2012 3:03:58 PM
Hmm? I dont remember it asking that...also, why isnt it in the options menu? I have black bars too as well... :(
---
#4alphasevPosted 5/24/2012 3:06:59 PM
it never asked you to resize it in the game, and i dont think there is an option to do so even if you wanted to. youll probably have to check your settings on the tv to make it fill the whole screen
---
PSN:alphasev
DD Pawn: Ayra Oblige "Ari" Strider
#5MrBuggzPosted 5/24/2012 3:07:12 PM
darkshadowmaster posted...
did you not move the arrows to the edge of your screen like it told you?

This never happened, they have it in the widescreen format just like a movie. I remember Beyond Good and Evil being the same way.

Just ignore it you won't even notice them after you go out at night you'll be to worried about getting gang slammed by some bandit thugs!
---
I game to have fun, not to change the world.
#6Daveddy72Posted 5/24/2012 3:07:56 PM
http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/626515-dragons-dogma/62884711.
this is what I did,looks great & fullscreen
#7darkshadowmasterPosted 5/24/2012 3:08:32 PM
My bad, think I was mistaking it for another game I put in after DD.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#8weitzgr(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2012 3:37:40 PM
When will they patch this? I have my settings optimized so EVERYTHING looks perfect EXCEPT this so I don't want to tweak. Why in the hell would they do something so stupid and gamebreaking!?
#9TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 5/24/2012 3:41:08 PM
Daveddy72 posted...
http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/626515-dragons-dogma/62884711.
this is what I did,looks great & fullscreen

but doesn't that mean you'll have to change it back everytime you turn the game off and watch tv?
#10MrBuggzPosted 5/24/2012 3:41:57 PM
weitzgr posted...
Why in the hell would they do something so stupid and gamebreaking!?

Gamebreaking?

I think not, nothing about widescreen view is gamebreaking my friend.

And this game is great
---
I game to have fun, not to change the world.