The blighted manse?

#1OkikurmiPosted 6/1/2012 1:21:17 PM
Whats this place for? im at the end of the game and i have just found it. no quests ever sent me here and i cant enter.
---
I...am...Alexander. Tremble...before me... Worship...my greatness... I shall ascend to the heavens...
#2TheMagician42Posted 6/1/2012 1:28:00 PM
You need a knights uniform to enter. You get the knights uniform from Ailenore's handmaiden before a certain quest.

Spoilers***

After completing the Greatwall quest you'll find the duchess' handmaiden outside of the main castle doorway. She'll give you the uniform and ask you to rescue the duchess from the blighted manse.

HOWEVER, if you have max affinity with the duchess prior to this (for instance if you visited her at night for that one quest...) then you will not be able to do the quest to rescue her. You see after you finish the Greatwall quest whoever you have max affinity with will go to wherever the dragon is.
---
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
#3Okikurmi(Topic Creator)Posted 6/1/2012 1:30:44 PM
i have no idea how affinity works, who i have it with or anything.

I would guess i can't do it now? with the dragon being dead
---
I...am...Alexander. Tremble...before me... Worship...my greatness... I shall ascend to the heavens...
#4Okikurmi(Topic Creator)Posted 6/1/2012 2:10:45 PM
bump
---
#5bkteerPosted 6/1/2012 2:18:45 PM
TheMagician42 posted...
You need a knights uniform to enter. You get the knights uniform from Ailenore's handmaiden before a certain quest.

Spoilers***

After completing the Greatwall quest you'll find the duchess' handmaiden outside of the main castle doorway. She'll give you the uniform and ask you to rescue the duchess from the blighted manse.

HOWEVER, if you have max affinity with the duchess prior to this (for instance if you visited her at night for that one quest...) then you will not be able to do the quest to rescue her. You see after you finish the Greatwall quest whoever you have max affinity with will go to wherever the dragon is.

you can actually get the quest from mirabelle before completing the greatwall quest. That way you can make your way o blighted manse and save aelinore regardless of affinity.
#6ZeroVx91Posted 6/1/2012 8:22:49 PM
What's the great wall quest??? Lol just curious cause idk what ppl used for the shortened versions of things
#7kenlee25Posted 6/1/2012 8:34:10 PM
bump because I need to know this.
#8SirnarakPosted 6/1/2012 8:39:14 PM
To clarify when you get the quest that sends you to the great wall, the duchess' handmaiden should also offer you a quest to rescue Aelinore, she will give you a uniform to sneak into the blighted manse.
#9Blazin2kPosted 6/1/2012 8:39:59 PM
Okikurmi posted...
i have no idea how affinity works, who i have it with or anything.

I would guess i can't do it now? with the dragon being dead

Yeah I think you missed it

You were supposed to do it while you do quests for the Duke through his attendant