need help with land of opportunity quest... [spoilers]

#1ZeroJinKuiPosted 6/2/2012 6:27:46 AM
ok, i decided to start doing some quests around gran soren... i accepted that grimoire quest, and that quest from the smithy... which i ended up using a wakestone shard i had already collected to combine with his two shards, to save his son.

after that, fournival finally appeared in the city for me... i could never find him before, at any time of day.

so, now im doing his quest... and im stuck.

i heard there are two ways to finish it... give 30,000 gold to jasper, or 80,000 gold to fournival to buy the property and save the family.

...being a good guy sucks.

i went on to chase pip, caught him, then talked to sara... im not getting anywhere with these people, and i dont see jasper's marker on the map at all.

...what are the results of each decision, what happens if i kick the family out and pay the 30,000? what happens if i buy the property?

actually, how do i buy the property at all? i never got the choice to buy the property... i was just sent after the family like some hired peasant-hunting mercenary.
---
"You think you can just come here and attack us?"
"You must be crazy, or just plain stupid!"-Meng Huo
#2VoidNoodlePosted 6/2/2012 6:30:33 AM
You can buy the property by talking to Fournival and giving him 80k.

If you kick out the family, Jasper will ask 30k, give if you want, I think it just raises affinity. The reward for the quest is 40k gold, so you're not missing out on gold anyway.

Jasper's a little hard to find. I think he roams the fields outside. Just go AFK inside Gran Soren for a while, monitoring the map. If a marker appears, it's Jasper.
---
Official Omega of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim Board.
Topic Hijackers of the Dissidia Duodecim Board! Number of members: 2
#3ZeroJinKui(Topic Creator)Posted 6/2/2012 6:40:42 AM
ok, jasper finally entered the city, and i talked to him...

...now the quest is stopped dead in its tracks.

the marker remains on jasper, but he keeps saying he wont decide without his wife and child's consent, but neither of them say anything different.

the kid keeps insulting arisen, and the wife says she needs more time.

also, what do you mean just give them the money... HOW?

i dont see an option to just give them money... ugh, im about to reset to my last checkpoint, this quest is a huge pain in the ass.

unfortunately, buying the property will take all of my money... if i still get 40,000 for completing the quest, i guess thats fine... though its gonna suck losing all that money, still.

...now if only i can figure out what the hell to do at this point, since i cant seem to progress the quest anymore.
---
#4VoidNoodlePosted 6/2/2012 6:42:49 AM
ZeroJinKui posted...
ok, jasper finally entered the city, and i talked to him...

...now the quest is stopped dead in its tracks.

the marker remains on jasper, but he keeps saying he wont decide without his wife and child's consent, but neither of them say anything different.

the kid keeps insulting arisen, and the wife says she needs more time.

also, what do you mean just give them the money... HOW?

i dont see an option to just give them money... ugh, im about to reset to my last checkpoint, this quest is a huge pain in the ass.

unfortunately, buying the property will take all of my money... if i still get 40,000 for completing the quest, i guess thats fine... though its gonna suck losing all that money, still.

...now if only i can figure out what the hell to do at this point, since i cant seem to progress the quest anymore.

Have you talked to Sarah? She says that she needs "time", so rest at an inn for a day. Talk to her again, and she'll say something about Jasper, and then you'll have to talk to Jasper.

The 30k gold choice will appear there.

Also, by not doing this quest, you'll miss out on having great gear at an early stage.
---
Official Omega of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim Board.
Topic Hijackers of the Dissidia Duodecim Board! Number of members: 2
#5ZeroJinKui(Topic Creator)Posted 6/2/2012 6:56:17 AM
RamonArcaNoodle posted...
Have you talked to Sarah? She says that she needs "time", so rest at an inn for a day. Talk to her again, and she'll say something about Jasper, and then you'll have to talk to Jasper.

The 30k gold choice will appear there.

Also, by not doing this quest, you'll miss out on having great gear at an early stage.

ok, i found fournival again and after talking to him multiple times, he finally offered to sell me the property... um... apparently you only get the 40,000 gold reward if you kick out the family.

GREAT.

now im freaking broke... for **** sake!

i went and talked to the family and got their stupid items... a some antique armor item, some weed... and a goddamn rock.

great, maybe my arisen can get high and walk around in some ancient suit of priceless armor and bang on his breastplate with the rock while singing "im a little tea pot".

guess i better go find some skeletons and phantoms and ogres to kill so i can get my money back with these job board quests.

oh, someone said doing this quest leads to another quest that you can get the gold idol in... which supposedly allows you to upgrade a merchant's shop significantly?

...i had only intended on going to the ancient quarry to help out that guy standing outside of it, today... but now i got roped into all this crap.
---