list of most powerful weapons and armor for each class?

#1rezzahPosted 6/15/2012 4:37:40 AM
In any Monster Hunter game (I know this isn't MH) I like to plan my armors and weapons.

So for this game I'd like to know the most powerful sets for each class. Because of this I'm not upgrading any armor or weapons because it'd be a waste of materials and money when something better comes along.

Thanks for your help.
---
own:DMC4, COD4, SoulCal4, PoP, Endwars, AfroSamuari, Killzone2, Uncharted 2 waitingfor:GodofWar3, Darksiders, Dante's Inferno
PSN:Crawling_Chaos
#2BladenytePosted 6/15/2012 4:39:54 AM
rezzah posted...

So for this game I'd like to know the most powerful sets for each class. Because of this I'm not upgrading any armor or weapons because it'd be a waste of materials and money when something better comes along.

Thanks for your help.

they throw money at you like its growing on trees in this game, so its hardly a waste. end game equipment doesnt upgrade using the same items as lower tier stuff. so , again, that is not a waste.

all equipment can be dragonforged to rank 4 for free, so upgrading (in your logic) is a waste of time anyways.
---
PSN ID: Riftweaver81
I cannot be caged. I cannot be controlled. Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools-Jon Irenicus BG2
#3LeeCzPosted 6/15/2012 4:42:57 AM
Upgrade at your will Arisen.

Money - not really a problem.
Material - sometimes, but not a big problem
---
PSN SevenDiendForce
ACV-DS-DkS Valgar Reinhart
#4lubmelubyouPosted 6/15/2012 4:44:49 AM
Most armour you find is valid endgame because of the little difference in stats and money and materials are thrown at you.

Upgrade whenever you get something new.
---
"I mean it's not like you asked to be born. They have a life long moral financial obligation to you." - Sunburst on parents 04/05/2012
#5extremegunnerPosted 6/15/2012 4:59:19 AM(edited)
I would suggest that you upgrade whatever the hell you want. The ultimate stuff are from Ur Dragon, which is post game content. Armor is rather inconsequential, even worse than Dark Souls. MH armor provide skills and Dark Souls armor give you poise. I think armor in this game gives you knockdown resistance, but up until now, I don't really notice the difference between my Abyssinal set and Golden Lion set.

To answer your question: Abyssinal set is the strongest armor set in the game and it is dropped by online Ur dragon, provided that you've done your part in dealing damage. It can be worn by any class. As for clothing, I think Dragonleather vest is the strongest and you get this before the final battle. Not too sure about pants. The melee weapons/magic staves from Ur dragons are the strongest. Not too sure about bows though.
#6doraemonllh1989Posted 6/15/2012 4:57:14 AM
just wear any armor you think that is pretty :D
---
when someone told you to "lrn2grammar" on gamefaqs,its SERIOUS BUSINESS
soulcalibur V = most disappointing game so far
#7LGCulganPosted 6/15/2012 5:11:23 AM(edited)
For the normal game. weapons with fire enchantments are the most useful. So those will last you for a good while. Rust weapons inflict poison and torpor when fully upgraded(3 star) and I found them almost game breaking until I got to post game.

Try an assassin with fire enchanted daggers and a fully upgraded rusty bow for good times. If you have a mage enchant your rusty bow with fire not only will it do the fire damage it will still do the poison and torpor ailments too. Cold is good too but just a bit less useful than fire.

Post game. Ditch the fire/rust weapons for almost anything else they become really worthless. Holy is probably the best post game element. Though there are some really strong non-elemental choices out there too.

edit: sp error
---
All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others. - Douglas Adams
#8AstroshakPosted 6/15/2012 9:40:49 AM
extremegunner posted...
ITo answer your question: Abyssinal set is the strongest armor set in the game

I see people saying this, but I have not seen WHY they think so. Its got great MDef, but the Def and the two physical resistances are beat by other armors, at least for those classes that can wear those other armors.

That suggests to me that, for some classes at least, the Abyssinal set is NOT the best armor in the game.

So, I'll ask here as I've asked in other threads, without ever getting an answer :
By what standard is Abyssinal the best armor in the game? Ur-Dragon loot does not mean it automatically is the best, not when it is guaranteed when you get a kill or the grace period of the online Ur-Dragon.
#9TyrantKnightPosted 6/15/2012 9:47:06 AM
Astroshak posted...
extremegunner posted...
ITo answer your question: Abyssinal set is the strongest armor set in the game

I see people saying this, but I have not seen WHY they think so. Its got great MDef, but the Def and the two physical resistances are beat by other armors, at least for those classes that can wear those other armors.

That suggests to me that, for some classes at least, the Abyssinal set is NOT the best armor in the game.

So, I'll ask here as I've asked in other threads, without ever getting an answer :
By what standard is Abyssinal the best armor in the game? Ur-Dragon loot does not mean it automatically is the best, not when it is guaranteed when you get a kill or the grace period of the online Ur-Dragon.

It has the highest overall defense and the most debilitation resistances. That's why it's the best so far. Besides, in most cases the Ur-Dragon drops are the best stuff.
---
PSN: Exaccus
GT: EXPLODING VAN
#10GrayDeath88Posted 6/15/2012 9:48:55 AM
rezzah posted...
In any Monster Hunter game (I know this isn't MH) I like to plan my armors and weapons.

Thanks for your help.

Best Sorcerer Staff - Dragon's Risen

Don't worry about wasting materials. The high level weapons and armor don't use low level materials, those are found end-game.