Quick question.

#1heyitsthatguy11Posted 4/27/2012 7:00:03 PM
Do any of the classes allow hand to hand combat? Like a monk class or something? Can the fighter class do that?
---
If there are females in this world, they lurk in the depths of my pants. Want to join them?
Official Gaara of NUNSG boards. Official Xion of KHDDD boards.
#2AMP1317Posted 4/27/2012 7:11:58 PM
^ This

Someone answer this man's question! I'm dying to know!
---
"Son of a submariner!"
Official Kushina of the Naruto UNSG Boards
#3lin4tPosted 4/27/2012 7:26:18 PM
Probably not, though I think you can unequip your weapons and fight unarmed; it will probably get you killed and you most likely won;t do much damage to the enemies compared to when you have weapons equipped
#4SunricerPosted 4/27/2012 8:47:43 PM
If you don't pick up a weapon at the beginning of the game. (Pick a class) you remain weaponless. Does that work for you? Although your fists do terrible damage.
#5ilikefordsPosted 4/27/2012 8:55:18 PM
Your characters aren't gods, they can't power punch things.

Would look very weird climbing on a drake and punching it in the head, doing no damage at all XD.

There should be an easter egg pawn that can only be encountered randomly wandering roads who can/will only use his fists.
---
SEN ID:I_Like_Fords / GT: Genckler
"And remember, no matter where you go, there you are." - Confucius
#6AMP1317Posted 4/27/2012 9:20:16 PM
ilikefords posted...
Your characters aren't gods, they can't power punch things.

Would look very weird climbing on a drake and punching it in the head, doing no damage at all XD.

There should be an easter egg pawn that can only be encountered randomly wandering roads who can/will only use his fists.

Well what people seem to forget is that Monk's/Brawler's use weapons too. Grieves on their hands and feet. Basically strong, and or sharp, metallic glove looking things that could do damage to most anything.

Heck, if we wanna get technical about it we could go with the .Hack Sora's blades. Or, if no one gets what I mean... Some of Sophie's weapons in Tales of Graces. They are gloves with blades on them. Perfectly viable for a monk class and not entirely unrealistic.
---
"Son of a submariner!"
Official Kushina of the Naruto UNSG Boards
#7ilikefordsPosted 4/27/2012 9:50:19 PM
AMP1317 posted...

Well what people seem to forget is that Monk's/Brawler's use weapons too. Grieves on their hands and feet. Basically strong, and or sharp, metallic glove looking things that could do damage to most anything.

Heck, if we wanna get technical about it we could go with the .Hack Sora's blades. Or, if no one gets what I mean... Some of Sophie's weapons in Tales of Graces. They are gloves with blades on them. Perfectly viable for a monk class and not entirely unrealistic.

That would be much better, but I can't see it fitting with the other classes well. That being said, I don't know how each class branches off.
---
SEN ID:I_Like_Fords / GT: Genckler
"And remember, no matter where you go, there you are." - Confucius
#8obliviondollPosted 4/28/2012 10:00:12 AM
I think you could give mages an "unarmed combat" style in place of the staff.

If you take a staff, you have better reach in melee, higher damage, and more effective defense, but if you go unarmed (or bring a "brawler" type weapon as mentioned), you have both hands free for spellcasting, meaning shorter cast times and more powerful spells.

Also, mages tend to fit the image of "monk" to a certain degree, so it could be rationalised that way.

Of course, I don't have the game (or even the demo yet - my PS3 died a few days before it came out), so I may be totally off with this. But it sounds like a good idea to me.
---
"I want my meals to think for myself"
#9DetsuaxhePosted 4/28/2012 10:02:54 AM
"not entirely unrealistic"
---
Where's my "Accept This Moderation with Extreme Reluctance and Resentful Glares" button?
When reading and responding to my posts, try to take it easy.
#10Ame_no_MurakumoPosted 4/28/2012 1:35:51 PM
obliviondoll posted...
I think you could give mages an "unarmed combat" style in place of the staff.

If you take a staff, you have better reach in melee, higher damage, and more effective defense, but if you go unarmed (or bring a "brawler" type weapon as mentioned), you have both hands free for spellcasting, meaning shorter cast times and more powerful spells.

Also, mages tend to fit the image of "monk" to a certain degree, so it could be rationalised that way.

Of course, I don't have the game (or even the demo yet - my PS3 died a few days before it came out), so I may be totally off with this. But it sounds like a good idea to me.

You need your staff for casting spells.
---
Playing The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim | Highly anticipating Dragon's Dogma and Dust 514
3DS FC: 5456-0205-3948 | PSN: Sazaiel