For those of you that are going to solo that are will not be mages

#1Ame_no_MurakumoPosted 4/28/2012 1:02:36 PM(edited)
Have you taken into account all of the healing items you're going to have to carry around?

I keep seeing "Oh, I'll go solo" but unless you play as a mage, you have to rely on tons and tons of healing items, which will probably be expensive. Also if you are a solo mage...I can see quite a few deaths from being so squishy.

Edit: Just noticed my strange wording in the topic title. Oh well.
---
Playing The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim | Highly anticipating Dragon's Dogma and Dust 514
3DS FC: 5456-0205-3948 | PSN: Sazaiel
#2pidge27Posted 4/28/2012 12:59:32 PM
Your acting as if this is going to be online, It is solo no matter how you look at it, so theres pawns big woop still a solo game.
---
Did you know once you remove the packaging it is considered worthless? So why don't people throw away the item instead of the shrink rap?
#3Sephivengeance9Posted 4/28/2012 1:00:46 PM
Mages also require time to charge their spells, without allies distracting enemies for them, they won't be getting very far very fast.
---
Phoenix is weak! >.>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1UVHfJvJDo
#4KeineZeitPosted 4/28/2012 1:09:41 PM
I'll be playing just my main + my pawn. If the game ends up being more difficult than I expect I may have to give in and hire extra pawns.
#5SomnolPosted 4/28/2012 1:13:10 PM
I don't think you'll have to rely that much on healing items if you go solo. You'll have to rely on dodging and learning to parry to prevent the damage in the first place.
#6Ame_no_Murakumo(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2012 1:16:34 PM
Somnol posted...
I don't think you'll have to rely that much on healing items if you go solo. You'll have to rely on dodging and learning to parry to prevent the damage in the first place.

If you're a class with those skills, sure.
---
Playing The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim | Highly anticipating Dragon's Dogma and Dust 514
3DS FC: 5456-0205-3948 | PSN: Sazaiel
#7PanopictonguyPosted 4/28/2012 1:22:31 PM
Ame_no_Murakumo posted...
Somnol posted...

If you're a class with those skills, sure.

Every class except mage & sorcerer XD.
---
Castlevania Lords Of Lycans And Trolls
#8ZauronPosted 4/28/2012 2:44:52 PM
I'm sure its possible but I don't think anyone denies that it will obviously be more difficult.

However, you do get more XP solo than with pawns, so that helps, since enemies don't scale in this game...

And, as other people pointed out, the challenge with going solo is to just not get hurt in the first place. There are some excellent skills to help you prevent taking damage such as parry and the one where you jump back and then slash (forget its name), as I demonstrated in my no-pawn no-healing Chimera run ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65LBrfCdQ6Y ).

I plan to try it with pawns first personally, but if you either A) find the pawns really annoying and are okay with slower going and having to spend more time and effort to get past stuff, or B) are really looking for a challenge (like all those complaining this isn't Dark Souls) than its nice that the option to solo is there and (seems to be) doable if you are patient and skilled.

If they don't have any option to turn down Pawn chatter frequency, I'll probably end up going solo or with only 1 pawn, but I'm well aware of what I'm getting into (it took many, many tries to pull off what's in that video, whereas just beating it normally with all pawns was pretty easy on first try).
---
www.zauron.net / www.crazyvikingstudios.com
#9DrakoMillifiorePosted 4/28/2012 3:05:28 PM
Have you taken into account all of the healing items you're going to have to carry around?

I keep seeing "Oh, I'll go solo" but unless you play as a mage, you have to rely on tons and tons of healing items, which will probably be expensive. Also if you are a solo mage...I can see quite a few deaths from being so squishy.

Even if you do play as a mage you're screwed, with the casting times being as long as they are you'll be lucky to get off a single spell even against just one enemy :/
---
Official Co-leader of the Illuminati
Yes, I am a Christian. Don't like it? Get over it.
#10JokeForYouPosted 4/28/2012 3:15:29 PM
DrakoMillifiore posted...

Even if you do play as a mage you're screwed, with the casting times being as long as they are you'll be lucky to get off a single spell even against just one enemy :/

Two things one even with a mage you need healing items as mages do not heal you past permanent damage like the items do. Second you can easily solo a mage class in this game as even some of the highest, and most damaging spells in the game are instant cast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd03yAV3BLY

The sorcerers strongest ice move that takes less then 3 seconds to cast.