Whats the dealio yo!

#1Patriarch105Posted 4/30/2012 4:57:57 PM
Whats up with this game? Never heared of it before. I'm not sure if it sounds interesting or its complete garbage. From what little i know it sounds like a Kingdom Hearts + Demon's Souls mashup.

If thats true to me thats like combining a great meal with a hammer that smashes your hand every time you take a bite.

Everywhere i go to look up what little info i can find about the game it sounds like its slaped together from game elements from several popular games.
---
Playing SSF4:AE + SFxT
Please say WHY you added me if you do add me or I will ignore you. PSN: Stryker105
#2DocDeliciousPosted 4/30/2012 5:05:55 PM
More...Monster Hunter meets Elder Scrolls meets Dungeons and Dragons meets Dragon Age...with flashier combat.

Open world and generic ES quest system (thinking more Morrowind than Oblivion/Skyrim)
Dragon Age storyline/main quests and party system (with some tweaks).
Dungeon and Dragons exploration and combat elements. Lot of the same monsters.
With Monster Hunter style hunting/looting/crafting system. And many similarities in monster paterns/weaknesses etc.

That's what I've gotten from it so far.
---
I'm not a man, I'm a weapon in human form. Just unsheathe me and point me at the enemy.
#3LookASquirrelPosted 4/30/2012 5:15:15 PM
Takes the best ideas from diffrent styles and influences. Not only merging them effectively, but keeping it's own idenity at the same time. What's there to hate?
---
PSN:LookASquirrel
#4Patriarch105(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2012 5:17:24 PM
Sounds a bit boring. It makes me think of japenese taking western themes then slapping anime all over it.

Imagine Lord of the Rings except everyone fights like its Dragon Ball Z.
---
Please say WHY you added me if you do add me or I will ignore you. PSN: Stryker105
#5Patriarch105(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2012 5:25:45 PM
LookASquirrel posted...
Takes the best ideas from diffrent styles and influences. Not only merging them effectively, but keeping it's own idenity at the same time. What's there to hate?

If its styles are all borrowed from different things then how does it keep its own identity? From the way you described it it has no original idea.

So the personal style of the game is something along the lines of someone stealing Dane Cook jokes and saying they are his because he doesn't have an original idea in his head.

I doubt capcom would make a game like that.
---
#6HughJorgennPosted 4/30/2012 5:27:57 PM
Just play the character creator, er.............demo.
#7najzerePosted 4/30/2012 5:28:26 PM
The only thing boring are your forced attempts at humor. If you don't like the game then don't play it; no one here cares.

And nothing of value was lost that day.
#8HughJorgennPosted 4/30/2012 5:33:33 PM(edited)
Patriarch105 posted...
LookASquirrel posted...

If its styles are all borrowed from different things then how does it keep its own identity? From the way you described it it has no original idea.

So the personal style of the game is something along the lines of someone stealing Dane Cook jokes and saying they are his because he doesn't have an original idea in his head.

I doubt capcom would make a game like that.

Who would anyone want to steal Dane Cooks jokes? That is just sad. That would be like borrowing from Superman 64 to make a video game.
#9Patriarch105(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2012 5:48:27 PM
HughJorgenn posted...

Who would anyone want to steal Dane Cooks jokes? That is just sad. That would be like borrowing from Superman 64 to make a video game.

I'm glad you understood my point. Theres no way that the game is like LookASquirrel said it was I refuse to believe it could be that bad.
---
#10Gamer_X27Posted 4/30/2012 5:56:56 PM
Patriarch105 posted...
HughJorgenn posted...

I'm glad you understood my point. Theres no way that the game is like LookASquirrel said it was I refuse to believe it could be that bad.

I know all I'm doing is feeding a troll by saying this but, are you kidding me, I don't even want know what your idea of a good or even great game is.
---
mess with the best, die like the rest