Dragon's Dogma; Pawnstars For Hire

#1scarletdeathPosted 5/4/2012 8:18:12 AM
I figured this would be a good time to start a pawn exchange thread. This thread serves 2 purposes.

ONE: to double as a survey so we know what class for our pawns the community generally need.

TWO: to add fellow DD fans onto your friend list for easy pawn access.

If you are new to this game, and isn't sure what pawns are, this is a good video to clear things up: http://youtu.be/qEsVmmXQqWA

For those that can't be bothered to access the video, or just can't access the video, here's a quick explanation:

What are Pawns?
A Pawn, is your personal sla-- ..is a loyal sidekick. Your party member(s) in other words. You will be able to fully customize your (one) Main Pawn for the entire game, be it aesthetic or class and skills. The remaining 2 party slots are filled with Pawns created by other players or default Pawns within the game.

How do I hire other Pawns?
You can hire Pawns in Rift Stones, placed around the map. You can also hire Pawns that are walking around the map randomly. These Pawns are also accessible in the Rift. Take note though, Pawns higher level than you, will require a currency called Rift Crystals. The higher their level from yours, the more they cost. Pawns at the same level are free.

**I've read a post somewhere that mentioned; friends' Pawns are free regardless of level differences (unconfirmed). If that is true, then all the more reason to have this thread!

Why do we need to care what others think of our Pawns?
This Main Pawn you have, you can then hire out to other players when connected online. Depending on how useful you made your Pawn, they can bring back gifts given to you by other players. Most important of all, they can learn enemy weaknesses and how to go about with certain quests that you haven't done yet; providing your Pawn encountered the enemies and the quests in the hosts' worlds.

Your Pawn can then be rated by other players depending on how they find your pawn, which of course, you can do the same for Pawns you hire.

I saw a hot looki-- *ahem*, a high leveled Pawn that could help my party out, but I can't afford to hire him/her yet. Tough luck?
No worries. You can add any Pawn you encounter to your favourites list. Which, in other words, bookmarks them so you can look them up without hassle anytime after that is done.

What classes are in the game?
For some info on the game's classes, watch this: http://youtu.be/_c8krHCKHDI

For those who can't be bothered to watch it:

There are 9 classes. The 3 basic/starting classes are Mage, Fighter, Strider. The 3 advanced classes are Sorcerer, Warrior, Ranger. The 3 hybrid classes are Mystic Knight, Magick Archer, Assassin. Do note that Pawns cannot take hybrid classes.

Some misc. notes you may not know; only mage/sorc can heal. To heal your Max HP that dropped in a fight, you NEED to use recovery items. Healing spells can only get your HP up to whichever point your Max HP is at. Hybrid classes can't heal (not that I know of at the time of this post).

---
Disgaea4-Money Map champ's strength-191, PSN-LordNihlus, Farm Pirates champ's strength 2546
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k25/ScarletVisuals/DSC00128SD.jpg
#2scarletdeath(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2012 8:18:28 AM
With that out of the way, please post in this format:

Arisen: <primary preferred class>, <secondary preferred class>
Main Pawn: <primary preferred class>, <secondary preferred class>
Notes: <anything you might want to add>
PSN: <your bank account number and password ..obviously>

The reason for stating 2 classes is; the game isn't out yet. We might change our minds later on regarding which class we might pick. Having a primary choice followed by a secondary choice will help other forumites to decide what class to make their Pawns in the most useful way possible.

Including hybrid classes for Arisen isn't necessary. You beginning class(es) matters more, and would need assistance from Pawns accordingly. Posting basic classes or advanced won't really matter, you will most likely progress to the advanced class from the base class of your choosing.

Arisen: Strider, Mage
Main Pawn: Sorc for heals and buff mostly, Warrior to specialize in tanking
Notes: Classes may change depending on what the people in my friends list may need.
PSN: LordNihlus

I'm done. Go wild, people. This might be a little too early, but hey, I'm just goddamned excited for this game.
---
Disgaea4-Money Map champ's strength-191, PSN-LordNihlus, Farm Pirates champ's strength 2546
#3DarkianMoonPosted 5/4/2012 8:28:59 AM
Main Pawn: Fighter, Warrior - Tank build, and I'll customize his personality to be a guardian.
Notes: Classes may change depending on what the people in my friends list may need.
PSN: Xeyska
#4CaledhPosted 5/4/2012 8:44:00 AM
scarletdeath posted...

Main Pawn: Sorc for heals and buff mostly, Warrior to specialize in tanking
PSN: LordNihlus

Your pawns have the wrong classes for their purpose - Sorcs can't heal and Warriors use two-handed weapons. Mage and Fighter is what you want.
---
"What a disappointment - I was hoping for the 'Rains of Castamere'."
#5NephanduPosted 5/4/2012 9:01:05 AM
Character: Assassin
Main Pawn: A mage child with closed eyes and bald named "Aang". I still havent seen a video that enters into detail about all the kinds of "pawn personality", so can anyone link me if it exists?
#6scarletdeath(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2012 9:06:26 AM
Caledh posted...

Your pawns have the wrong classes for their purpose - Sorcs can't heal and Warriors use two-handed weapons. Mage and Fighter is what you want.

Ah.. thanks for the correction. I thought we could carry abilities learned in the base class to the advanced class though. Not sure why Sorcs can't heal if they learned it while being a Mage. I also thought Warriors can use a sword and a board. Guess I'll be sticking to Fighter then.
---
#7Dark_Oni12398Posted 5/4/2012 9:15:32 AM
This thread is already misinformed. Healing ability is lost when you go from mage to sorcerer in exchange for the better offensive spells and necromancy.

Close thread and try again.
---
Welcome to GameFAQ. Please keep you opinions too yourself, type with perfect spelling and grammar and god help you if you state something as fact.
#8DarkianMoonPosted 5/4/2012 9:16:35 AM
Nephandu posted...
I still havent seen a video that enters into detail about all the kinds of "pawn personality", so can anyone link me if it exists?

http://www.capcom-europe.com/blog/2012/03/dragons-dogma-pawns-learn-organically-as-you-play/
#9CaledhPosted 5/4/2012 9:25:59 AM
scarletdeath posted...

Not sure why Sorcs can't heal if they learned it while being a Mage.

"Advanced" classes is misleading in that regard. They aren't just better versions - that would make the base classes kind of pointless.
In general the base classes seem to be more versatile, the advanced classes more specialized. Skills do carry over if the new class has general access to it. A sorc will keep your attack spells but trades healing for even more and better attack spells.
---
"What a disappointment - I was hoping for the 'Rains of Castamere'."
#10heyitsthatguy11Posted 5/4/2012 9:37:44 AM
Arisen: Magic Archer, Assassin
Main Pawn: Fighter, Mage
Notes: Main Pawn WILL change to the advanced class (Warrior, Sorcerer)
PSN: MinatoArisato1
---
If there are females in this world, they lurk in the depths of my pants. Want to join them?
Official Gaara of NUNSG boards. Official Xion of KHDDD boards.