If there were DLC classes

#1heyitsthatguy11Posted 5/4/2012 5:29:54 PM
What would you want them to be? (Pick ONE for each category, basic, advanced, and hybrid) and tell what their skills would be like (just an overview unless you want to go in depth)

Basic:
Monk
Primary Weapon: Fists
Secondary Weapon: None (L1 is used as extra skills/magic attacks)
A class that excels at hand to hand combat would be great! Its skills could be different fighting styles. Example: a "Karate" skill would change your light & heavy attacks to Karate style attacks. There can be a number of these styles you switch to on the go! Also skills like Aurablast from Final Fantasy Tactics to attack from a distance. This class would have lengthy light attacks & heavy attack combos and high Physical attack stats.

Advanced:
Geomancer
Primary Weapon: Fists
Secondary Weapon: None (Same as Monk)
This class revolves around using the environment as a means to attack. Depending on the ground your standing on your abilities will change. Example: Standing on grass will allow you to call up roots from the grass to entagle your foes. Standing in a puddle will cause the water to rise up and send a mini tsunami raging towards your foes (This drains the water though) Etc. No combos like the Monk, but you retain high Physical attack attributes.

Hybrid:
Samurai
Primary Weapon: Magic Swords
Seconday Weapon: 2H Swords
The Samurai class will be the only class able to use the Magic Swords. These swords are no different from others, in fact they are the same swords any other class would use. Except the Samurai has the ability to unlock the hidden "potential" of the swords. Each sword has a hidden Magic ability only the Samurai may make use of. Example: Long Sword has the ability to increase Physical attack power for a full minute. Later swords would have abilities like casting Maelstrom or Healing allies or perhaps even Silencing magic. When you use a swords Magic ability, it takes a long time for it to recover, and after using the ability the sword itself becomes weaker until the magic recovers, BUT the Samurai class would have a MUCH higher carrying capacity so it can carry plenty of swords! Also a swords stats are higher in the hands of a Samurai than other classes.
---
If there are females in this world, they lurk in the depths of my pants. Want to join them?
Official Gaara of NUNSG boards. Official Xion of KHDDD boards.
#2Dart_Feld7Posted 5/4/2012 5:31:21 PM
Geomancer

I loved it in FFT.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmox6rdpiog - Dragon's Dogma
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m26tsm6yo81qfy7zpo4_250.gif
#3TheKelbiPosted 5/4/2012 5:32:07 PM
Why does it go from a physical, close range basic to a magical, mid-range advanced? Shouldn't it go Monk, then Ninja or Samurai or something for the Advanced, and then Geomancer as the "Magic Knight" of the tree?
#4heyitsthatguy11(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2012 5:39:58 PM
TheKelbi posted...
Why does it go from a physical, close range basic to a magical, mid-range advanced? Shouldn't it go Monk, then Ninja or Samurai or something for the Advanced, and then Geomancer as the "Magic Knight" of the tree?

You realize the advanced classes in the game arent actually "Advanced"... right? You basically sacrifice one method of attacking for another. And Monk/Geomancer is both Physical and Magical. Monks get Aurablast, Shockwave and a number of other ranged Magic attacks to go along with their Physicals. Geomancers retain their Physical attributes to go along with their new Magic attacks. Samurai is hybrid because it takes a miss of everything. It gets Physical, Magic, and Stealth attacks based on the Sword it uses.
---
If there are females in this world, they lurk in the depths of my pants. Want to join them?
Official Gaara of NUNSG boards. Official Xion of KHDDD boards.
#5TheKelbiPosted 5/4/2012 5:52:06 PM
Maybe I was interpreting the classes poorly, but they seem like pretty linear advancements. The Fighter, the heavy close-quarters combat character, remains a heavy close-quarters combat character as a Soldier. The Mage remains magic artillery as Sorcerer, and the Strider maintains his mobile ranged attacks as the Ranger. Yes, they drop defensive and utility skills (Shields, healing, and versatility), but they're focus paths, not drastic shifts.

But when I think "Geomancy" I think a staff-wielding character, like the Sorcerer (in like with Pyromancy, Necromancy, etc.-mancy), not the FFT version of the "Magic Knight," which is really what it seems like you want, is a magic knight with bare hands and a terrain gimmick.
#6RagirothPosted 5/4/2012 6:05:31 PM
Probably a guest class from another Capcom game (Kinda like Striders). Or a class that uses a scythe.
---
http://z8.invisionfree.com/Final_Chase_Zone/index.php?
PSN-Ragiroth
#7glenn3ePosted 5/4/2012 6:37:37 PM
I was thinking of a "Pet" Class...

Base:
Druid - Can Summon one pet at the time. Has a variety of Woodland choices. Has regenerative spells.

Advanced:
Shaman - Forgoes regen spells for a more offensive pet. Spells buff the pet.

Hybrid:
Fighter/Druid - Beastmaster. Fights alongside the pet in melee. Wields Polearms.
Strider/Druid - Alchemist. Throwing Weapons and Potions/bombs. Wields Crossbow with slow reload. Maintains same summons as Druid.
Mage/Druid - Shapeshifter. Can transform into a Werewold or Vampire. Gains summons pertaining to that form such as Summon Wolves for Werewolf and Batswarm for Vampire.
---
PSN: glenn_3e (R3)
#8ilikefordsPosted 5/4/2012 8:55:23 PM
glenn3e posted...
I was thinking of a "Pet" Class...

Base:
Druid - Can Summon one pet at the time. Has a variety of Woodland choices. Has regenerative spells.

Advanced:
Shaman - Forgoes regen spells for a more offensive pet. Spells buff the pet.

Hybrid:
Fighter/Druid - Beastmaster. Fights alongside the pet in melee. Wields Polearms.
Strider/Druid - Alchemist. Throwing Weapons and Potions/bombs. Wields Crossbow with slow reload. Maintains same summons as Druid.
Mage/Druid - Shapeshifter. Can transform into a Werewold or Vampire. Gains summons pertaining to that form such as Summon Wolves for Werewolf and Batswarm for Vampire.

That sounds awesome. I choose this^
---
PSN ID:I_Like_Fords / GT: Genckler
"And remember, no matter where you go, there you are." - Confucius
#9ZeroJinKuiPosted 5/4/2012 9:01:10 PM
glenn3e posted...

while the druid thing is interesting... when i think of a druid... vampires are NOT part of the imagery.

you're thinking of something completely different than a druid there... werewolf transformations are fine, but the only other things i've seen druids become are werebears, or other kinds of were-creatures... a vampire is NOT a were-creature, its a blood-sucking demon/undead creature.

druids are all about nature... and vampires are definitely not.
---
"You think you can just come here and attack us?"
"You must be crazy, or just plain stupid!"-Meng Huo
#10Twilight_MasterPosted 5/4/2012 9:10:39 PM
I would love to become a werewolf in this game!
---
Well polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake