Can you loot dead bodies?

#1zimbolamboPosted 5/8/2012 5:49:05 AM
Can you?
#2obliviondollPosted 5/8/2012 5:51:22 AM
In the sense of most modern RPG loot systems where you go up and "use" the body and get an inventory screen where you can take all their stuff... no.

But enemies usually drop some items when they die, or sometimes during combat when you remove parts of them, and you can pick those up.
---
"I want my meals to think for myself"
#3Dark_Oni12398Posted 5/8/2012 6:44:47 AM
Sound's like the dark souls system...where enemies have "drops" rather then just grabbing all their equipment.

Works for my but I am wondering how killing big monster works...do we get multiple drops off them kinda like "carves" from monster hunter or what?
---
Welcome to GameFAQ. Please keep you opinions too yourself, type with perfect spelling and grammar and god help you if you state something as fact.
#4squiggy9996999Posted 5/8/2012 6:47:44 AM
yes, press circle to pick up dropped items from dead people/creatures. whoever said no has no clue what "loot system" means.
#5Dart_Feld7Posted 5/8/2012 6:55:24 AM
Dark_Oni12398 posted...
Sound's like the dark souls system...where enemies have "drops" rather then just grabbing all their equipment.

Works for my but I am wondering how killing big monster works...do we get multiple drops off them kinda like "carves" from monster hunter or what?

Yes, you get multiple drops from big monsters.

The Griffin in the demo alone has about 2 guaranteed drops and a max of 4 out of 5 items it can drop.

Griffin claw
Griffin pinion
Ambrosia meat(rare)
Rift fragment(Is not an actual physical item, gives you additional rift crystals)
Rift crystal(Same as above)
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmox6rdpiog - Dragon's Dogma
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m26tsm6yo81qfy7zpo4_250.gif
#6obliviondollPosted 5/8/2012 7:32:15 AM
squiggy9996999 posted...
yes, press circle to pick up dropped items from dead people/creatures. whoever said no has no clue what "loot system" means.

Actually, the question wasn't about whether there's a loot system.

It was whether you can specifically loot BODIES. Which you can't.

I also clarified by explaining how the loot system works.
---
"I want my meals to think for myself"