Any way to disable your main pawn getting knowledge from other players?

#1FlyojumperPosted 5/14/2012 11:14:03 AM
I'd rather try to figure out the weak spots of monsters/bosses, or shortcuts/info from quests myself, it seems to be more fun to me. I was wondering is there a way to disable your pawn from getting that knowledge when he's hired by other players? (short of completely disabling sharing your pawn with others, can you even do that anyway without playing offline?)
Also, do you only gain rift crystals by having your pawn get hired or is there another way to acquire them?
---
After extensive lab research, it appears that sterility is indeed hereditary...
#2RyouhPosted 5/14/2012 11:19:05 AM
you can get rift crystals from killing enemies (at least in the demo you can lol) i've gotten them from killing goblins and the griffin.

you can disable your pawn from being rented out from what i've read, but i dont think there's a way to stop them from learning if they are rented out.
#3Flyojumper(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2012 11:24:59 AM
Alright thanks, so I guess if things come to it and there is no such option I could always just disable pawn renting without needing to be offline.
Out of curiosity, are there any other people reading this that wish to learn monster's weaknesses and quests info on their own rather than having their pawn spoon fed them the info?
---
#4N7Spectre707Posted 5/14/2012 11:35:11 AM
Flyojumper posted...
Alright thanks, so I guess if things come to it and there is no such option I could always just disable pawn renting without needing to be offline.
Out of curiosity, are there any other people reading this that wish to learn monster's weaknesses and quests info on their own rather than having their pawn spoon fed them the info?

This sort of thing has never really bothered me. I mean if you think about it, most games give you pretty blatant hints. "shoot the neon bright glowing part of the enemy"

Although it would be nice for a game to make finding the weakness an actual feature of gameplay, which DD could have went for, but I'm not sure if the trial and error wouldn't eventually blur from fun to frusterating.
---
---
Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier!
#5DemiakPosted 5/14/2012 11:46:22 AM
Isn't it kind of too late now anyways. I mean, just from seeing a few vids, I know weaknesses of 4-5 big mobs. Chances are most people do. Especially if they watched some of the 2hr streams.
#6RyouhPosted 5/14/2012 11:47:50 AM
for the most part you'll be learning enemy weaknesses as you play along anyway, you can also make your pawn shut up in the options menu so even if they know the enemy weakness they won't be saying much about it.

and of course a lot of the time you'll be able to guess enemy weaknesses without much effort, and where to focus your damage.
#7goonermxPosted 5/14/2012 11:48:42 AM
You could just turn off all feedback from your pawns..
#8Flyojumper(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2012 1:07:40 PM
I was under the impression that the pawn knowing the enemy weakness is not only him telling it to you but also him having an improved AI to attack the enemy (and maybe even dodge him). If that is the case, even if you disable the pawn conversation, the pawn would still be much more effective against that enemy than if he didn't know any info on it.
Also, I personally haven't been watching many vids to not spoil myself too much (but yeah I know it's hard to resist!)
---
#9goonermxPosted 5/14/2012 1:14:45 PM
I was under the impression that the pawn knowing the enemy weakness is not only him telling it to you but also him having an improved AI to attack the enemy (and maybe even dodge him). If that is the case, even if you disable the pawn conversation, the pawn would still be much more effective against that enemy than if he didn't know any info on it.

Perhaps, but that didn't seem to be what you were trying to avoid.
#10Flyojumper(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2012 1:34:18 PM
I'm trying to avoid reducing the challenge, so yeah that includes figuring out enemy weaknesses, having the pawn "discover" an enemy as I do (him not being overly efficient at killing said enemy if it's our first encounter with it), etc...
---