Dragon's Dogma DLC already on Disc

#1mustain2121Posted 5/14/2012 5:07:50 PM
http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/29118153/Question_about_on-disc_DLC

Mainly:

"One such title is Dragonís Dogma, where the decision to include some additional (but not all planned additional) game content for the game on disc was made at the beginning of the gameís development cycle as at the time this was determined to be the most efficient way of ensuring certain content was made available. Owners of Dragonís Dogma will be able to further their gameplay experience with the release of additional quests, weapons and other items in the months following the game going on sale.

Dragonís Dogmaís post-launch content will extend the lifespan of a title that already offers around 30-40 hours of gameplay by following the main story thread, but if a player was to complete all the side quests Dragonís Dogma ships with, that increases to around 100 hours. Players will also be able to add to the stock of 100s of weapons and 1,000s of customization options to create not only their ideally equipped, but also their most elaborately designed character."
---
PSN: mustain21
#2DynastyBebopPosted 5/14/2012 5:13:45 PM
So, they have emulated Western developers in every way now....

Well, except for MP (not that I care, but it is a staple of Western games nowadays).
---
"Dragons ARGUABLY existed at one point -- which is how ancient Chinese people knew what they looked like." -miamisubs, Skyrim board.
#3enjelsamaPosted 5/14/2012 5:20:02 PM(edited)
Most of on-disc DLC is the Starter Kits and assorted simple stuff.
Its nothing to crazy.
It will kill need for a major pacth for all extra weapons and stuff. (when you look at pawns in rift and such)
---
MHP3rd, Lost Planet 2, Dark Souls (hit me up!)
Sera67 (Psn) ----- Girl Gamer =3 Nya!
#4mustain2121(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2012 5:15:21 PM
DynastyBebop posted...
So, they have emulated Western developers in every way now....

Well, except for MP (not that I care, but it is a staple of Western games nowadays).

Capcom USA has a huge pull in the company's decisions as a whole, so I wouldn't be surprised if this was their idea from the start.
---
PSN: mustain21
#5enjelsamaPosted 5/14/2012 5:17:32 PM
The games been in works for almost 5 years.
It will be like this for there next few titles out of anything.
---
#6evangelion92Posted 5/14/2012 5:19:42 PM
Probably just NPCs that were on disc already, then with the DLC you download the files that would make those NPCs give away quests and rewards. It's not a big deal whatsoever because by adding the NPCs on disc, it means smaller file to download and more NPCs to fill the game world to start with rather than empty and barren of nothingness.

Sometimes people just exaggerate the whole "on disc DLC" as if it's the new cool thing to be angry at. Yes, there are some that were awful like that, but until we know for sure what it was with Dragon's Dogma, it's nothing for me.
---
If you want breakfast in bed, just sleep in the kitchen
#7enjelsamaPosted 5/14/2012 5:22:01 PM
The DLC stuff is mostly armors and weapons, starter packs and stuff.

" Hey guys,

We've been getting several questions, here and elsewhere about the future of on-disc DLC.

We would like to assure you that we have been listening to your comments and as such have begun the process of re-evaluating how such additional game content is delivered in the future. As this process has only just commenced in the past month or so, there will be some titles, where development began some time ago and that are scheduled for release in the coming months, for which we are unable to make changes to the way some of their post release content is delivered.

One such title is Dragonís Dogma, where the decision to include some additional (but not all planned additional) game content for the game on disc was made at the beginning of the gameís development cycle as at the time this was determined to be the most efficient way of ensuring certain content was made available. Owners of Dragonís Dogma will be able to further their gameplay experience with the release of additional quests, weapons and other items in the months following the game going on sale.

Dragonís Dogmaís post-launch content will extend the lifespan of a title that already offers around 30-40 hours of gameplay by following the main story thread, but if a player was to complete all the side quests Dragonís Dogma ships with, that increases to around 100 hours. Players will also be able to add to the stock of 100s of weapons and 1,000s of customization options to create not only their ideally equipped, but also their most elaborately designed character.

Just wanted people to know in advance the whys, wherefores and where we're going in the future. You are being heard. Thanks."

That is whole thing. 2nd last Paragraph pretty much explains it.
So its not that bad.
---
#8LovecraftiangodPosted 5/14/2012 5:23:07 PM
From the description I'm fine with it
---
PSN kolobos212 The time has come when the normal revolt against time,space, and matter H.P. Lovecraft
#9Valor_PhoenixPosted 5/14/2012 5:24:00 PM
That actually says surprisingly little.

I would expect the preorder bonuses at least to be on the disc. Is there other DLC announced?

Is it worse than Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning, where the day one DLC was the House of Valor, which was on the world map from the beginning?

If we're supposed to be forming an angry mob, I'd at least like to know what we're forming a mob about here.

Also that guy seriously doesn't seem to get what about day one DLC is pissing people off. On the disc or downloaded isn't the bloody issue. It's the whole cutting content to charge extra for it thing that gets people angry.
---
~ PSN ID: ValorPhoenix ~ Raven [ / . \ ] Hubris ~ Bone Ravens
"There are more defective users than defective systems."
#10GarudinPosted 5/14/2012 5:28:56 PM(edited)
I really can't wait till either companies stop this on their own or some guy with some legal knowledge has had enough and takes them to the right court and judge and get it ruled illegal

Because I honestly believe it is it's just that no one has enough time or money to care to go up against pretty much all these multi billion dollar companies

For those that don't get where I'm coming from I'll give a for argument and against argument I heard then why I don't agree with it :

For- Since the data is 100% one the disc that you purchase that is the same as someone selling you a house with a locked room then coming back a while later and selling you ONLY the key to that room for extra money

Against- This is one I heard from Pach Attack(Gametrailers.com show), This data is similar buying a cable box then saying you're entitled to all channels as they stream everything to you then only show you what you pay for

Now I don't agree with what Pach said as in his argument where as the data for a game is solely and completely on that disc when it comes to cable it's more about you paying for them streaming the shows into your house as if they cut it then you couldn't watch it at all

P.S.

Also just to note if anyone(and I think some people might have on the PC) found a way to unlock the data themselves without paying no court in the world would say that was illegal for the same reasons I stated

P.S.S.

When it comes to this games pre-order bonuses being on the disc I really don't care(as they were part of the CE anyways) I just don't agree with the practice of putting DLC on the disc with the idea to then sell it months later for extra money
---
Crowd: Free Tibet, Free Tibet
Peter: I'll take it, hey China I have something you want but it'll cost ya...That's right all the tea