Gransys World Map

#1Valor_PhoenixPosted 5/15/2012 11:59:48 PM
As far as I know, this is a complete map of the Dragon's Dogma world. It's based off of a map from the game guide, but being a hand drawn version of it it can be used on this website.

A bit more work and it might be the map posted here at GameFAQs.

http://valorphoenix.blogspot.com/2012/05/this-is-first-draft-of-gransys-world.html

This is a first draft version, pencil outline and shading on flat color, but it is very easy to read as a result.

The white areas are plains, green forest and peach towns/forts. Everything else is pretty much impassable.
---
~ PSN ID: ValorPhoenix ~ Raven [ / . \ ] Hubris ~ Bone Ravens
"There are more defective users than defective systems."
#2PhaildPosted 5/16/2012 12:05:16 AM
Seems legit, and decent to boot.
---
Days left in Service: 0 / That's that
On you feet, come with me. We are soldiers, stand or die
#3Zxar07Posted 5/16/2012 12:08:17 AM
Do you have an idea which areas might be dlc, I can't even tell on the original because anything that's not highlighted looks like mountains.
#4VanyasPosted 5/16/2012 12:16:45 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/YuffieX/map-1.jpg
#5gamer6879403333Posted 5/16/2012 12:22:03 AM
Vanyas posted...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/YuffieX/map-1.jpg

You know, honestly the TC's version is much easier to actually make out. It's probably because there's no fancy artwork and is just nothing but the things that matter, the places you can actually reach.
---
They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour-One of the dumbest sentences ever.
#6Valor_Phoenix(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2012 12:31:02 AM(edited)
None of what is on the map is DLC as far as I know, Robert Cram has already discovered pretty much everything on this map in his review build play of the game.

On the whole world map, the area I drew is about the middle third of the total map, so there is plenty of room to draw in new areas.

PS any requests for what the final map should look like? This is just the color sketch. I can keep it simple solid colors and darken the lines, or I can make it look like a traditional water color map(but cleaner looking).

Also if you download the map it's larger than the preview on my blog would imply, the version I uploaded is 1400 x 1400.

---
~ PSN ID: ValorPhoenix ~ Raven [ / . \ ] Hubris ~ Bone Ravens
"There are more defective users than defective systems."
#7RowdePosted 5/16/2012 12:35:45 AM(edited)
Zxar07 posted...
Do you have an idea which areas might be dlc, I can't even tell on the original because anything that's not highlighted looks like mountains.

If they were to open up areas of the Map with DLC I'd imagine it'd be:
The Frontier beyond the Frontier Caverns (Southwest/West of Map)
What lies beyond the Great Wall (Northwest of Map)
The Southeast Peninsula... probably through Witchwood
The Northeast/North of Map... no idea how you'd get there...

EDIT: Oops. I misunderstood the question... Well that's my speculations for DLC areas... And with a map that big I think they will probably add them.
---
Giga... Drill... Breaker!!!
#8evangelion92Posted 5/16/2012 12:32:01 AM
Valor_Phoenix posted...
PS any requests for what the final map should look like? This is just the color sketch. I can keep it simple solid colors and darken the lines, or I can make it look like a traditional water color map(but cleaner looking).

Not that it's a request (I'm pretty sure there will be better quality map later on anyways), but why not make two (or even more) versions of the map? Keep the simple one for those who prefer simple. Edit it into something fancier for those who like things fancy. Win win.
---
If you want breakfast in bed, just sleep in the kitchen
#9gamer6879403333Posted 5/16/2012 12:37:03 AM
Valor_Phoenix posted...

Also if you download the map it's larger than the preview on my blog would imply, the version I uploaded is 1400 x 1400.

Like I said, I prefer simple and to the point as opposed to realistically drawn like the map in the guide which makes it a little harder to actually use it to get around. Keep it nice, simple, and clean.
---
They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour-One of the dumbest sentences ever.
#10Zxar07Posted 5/16/2012 12:40:47 AM
Valor_Phoenix posted...
None of what is on the map is DLC as far as I know, Robert Cram has already discovered pretty much everything on this map in his review build play of the game.

On the whole world map, the area I drew is about the middle third of the total map, so there is plenty of room to draw in new areas.

I was just asking which of the blank spaces could be provided as dlc is all, like what Rowde posted. I know we are getting an area from what that mod from Capcom posted in a topic, just wanted to know which areas are the best candidates. Hopefully they use that big space in the middle that you mentioned and I mean all of it with new monsters and such.