Dragon's Dogma 95/100

#1Sypher1993Posted 5/18/2012 8:13:14 PM
Just read the review of the dutch 'Power Unlimited'. They give Dragon's Dogma a 95/100 plus a 'Gold Award' (must buy).

Pro's:
- Very long storyline
- Beautiful graphics for a console game
- Statisfyingly difficult
- A lot of loot
- A very dynamic combat system
- Epic magicks
- A lively, dangerous and huge world to explore

Con's:
- Battles can sometimes be too hectic, 'thanks' to the camera and the spells of sorcerers

Reviewer (Samuel): "Dragon's Dogma could be a gameplay wise Skyrim-beater thanks to the dynamic combat system, huge open world and a better written story. The game grabs you at your throat and doesn't loosen it's grip. You want to keep playing to be able to buy a particular part of equipment, to hunt a specific monster or just want to see what happens in the story. DD is statisfyingly difficult, there is real danger in straying off the roads and into the wild. Too bad DD will never get the hype like Skyrim and othblcokbuster
#2Sypher1993(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2012 8:19:12 PM
*sigh*text editing on ipad is hell*sigh*

"...Too bad DD will never have the same hype like Skyrim and other blockbustergames have. DD deserves a lot more media attention, just because DD is so f****** good!"

Here you go, I hope the digital version will come up soon, so I will be able to link the review.
#3NephanduPosted 5/18/2012 8:21:54 PM
Sypher1993 posted...
Just read the review of the dutch 'Power Unlimited'. They give Dragon's Dogma a 95/100 plus a 'Gold Award' (must buy).

Pro's:
- Very long storyline
- A lot of loot
- Epic magicks

Con's:
- Battles can sometimes be too hectic, 'thanks' to the camera and the spells of sorcerers

Reviewer (Samuel): "Dragon's Dogma could be a gameplay wise Skyrim-beater thanks to the dynamic combat system, huge open world and a better written story. The game grabs you at your throat and doesn't loosen it's grip. You want to keep playing to be able to buy a particular part of equipment, to hunt a specific monster or just want to see what happens in the story. DD is statisfyingly difficult, there is real danger in straying off the roads and into the wild. Too bad DD will never get the hype like Skyrim and othblcokbuster

That's too bad sir... YOU CANT UPGRADE MY HYPE ANYMORE. IT'S ALREADY OVER NINE THOUSAND!

oh wait... omg.... *TURNS SUPER SAYAJIN*

kthxbye.
#4BSerenityPosted 5/18/2012 8:31:34 PM
Nephandu posted...
Sypher1993 posted...

Pro's:
- Very long storyline
- A lot of loot
- Epic magicks

Con's:

That's too bad sir... YOU CANT UPGRADE MY HYPE ANYMORE. IT'S ALREADY OVER NINE THOUSAND!

oh wait... omg.... *TURNS SUPER SAYAJIN*

kthxbye.

lol
---
La morte e alle mie punte delle dita
Non ne temero c'e ne che la desiderino su me!
#5Achilles4X2Posted 5/18/2012 8:57:02 PM
Thanks TC! great post and well explained. CapnStanky, I'll be waiting for your spurious rejoinder! Perhaps something about repetitive enemies, you know, the ones you climb on, only seen before in SotC; it's been done hasn't it?
#6Dart_Feld7Posted 5/18/2012 9:00:04 PM
Nice, look forward to reading the full thing once it's uploaded.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmox6rdpiog - Dragon's Dogma
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m26tsm6yo81qfy7zpo4_250.gif
#7Sypher1993(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2012 12:57:16 AM
I hope they upload it, they don't upload every review that's in te magazine. I will see what I can do, but at least this (IMHO) is what I think a fair score.