Dragon's Dogma Guide / FAQ

#11Valor_Phoenix(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2012 3:40:02 AMmessage detail(edited)
Q1: Monsters respawn in the same location roughly, but there is some variety to them. You'll get used to encountering a cyclops at a certain bend in the road or bandits camping in a certain abandoned house. Story/mission related monsters won't respawn tho'. Also there is an insane amount of gathering spots to loot.

Q2: Changing classes can be done at the Gran Soren Inn at level 10. Basic/Advanced Vocations cost 1,000 DCP, Hybrids 1,500 DCP.

Some things I found out from the manual:

L3 and R3 change lock-on / zoom toggles for ranged attacks, think it's for bows and magic bow, but might work for staff too.

There are four colors of 'quest chat' bubbles that correspond to Info, Info on other quest, Complete quest and Begin quest. They're red, yellow, blue and green in that order if I recall correctly.

There were some other things I wanted to add to the guide, but they've slipped my mind. I spent my first five hours of the game looting everything from Cassardis to the Encampment. Found about ten treasure chests inside Cassardis alone, looting way over 20,000 G worth of stuff total. Just selling perishables like Fish earned a few thousand.

Gamestop pre-order bonus apparently adds extra items to the shop in Cassardis as well.

Wierd thing: Found a sparkly bird nest on top of a chimney near the Chief's house, but couldn't loot it. Oddly enough I could loot another chimney that didn't have an obvious glowing thing on it.

Oh yeah, let's dedicate the rest of this thread to Q&A FAQ style since so many things slipped my mind and didn't get added in time to the top.

---
~ PSN ID: ValorPhoenix ~ Raven [ / . \ ] Hubris ~ Bone Ravens
"There are more defective users than defective systems."
#12Ikaru_Posted 5/22/2012 7:30:58 AMmessage detail
Thank's Man,
you did the impossible (gave us a sticky Faq)
And the land shall rule in peace from now on.
#13Randomdude0794Posted 5/22/2012 10:42:34 AMmessage detail
Great info although We have seen this in your various other topics, but its nice to see it all in one place.
---
PSN: Elgordo111
gamertag: why would i pay $60/yr for online?
#14Valor_Phoenix(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2012 11:16:33 AMmessage detail
The guide wasn't as long or comprehensive as I would have liked, but I got very few question submissions.

Q: Game Install and Technical Issues

A: The game does have a mandatory install on the PS3 but it runs in the back ground during the first bits of gameplay. Basically it installs while you play, so the game will smooth out later.

Size: 1.01 = 4,627 MB aka 4.6 GB
---
#15vspectra6Posted 5/22/2012 12:46:30 PMmessage detail
What's the infinite version of the Art of Metamorphosis called, and how much?
#16kor320Posted 5/22/2012 2:30:23 PMmessage detail
thanks for answering my questions, now i can farm! and very good work on the faq/guie
---
PSN: Sindragon
#17Valor_Phoenix(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2012 2:45:45 PMmessage detail
Q&A : Secret of Metamorphosis, method of acquisition currently unknown to me. I know of it from reading the item info dump. I would guess New Game+ reward.

The bird's nests are not gather spots, they're smashables like crates.

The Flower Gathering mission failed for me when I reached Gran Soren even though I had it half done. No big loss but kinda annoying.

Also the title screen is kinda awesome to watch. Just say'n.

Oh yeah, two types of specific guides we need:

Equipment:
Level 0, stats, cost/obtain > Level 3, stats, upgrade cost > Level 4, stats

Having the upgrade info for Level 3 would make shopping for gear a bit easier. I say this because I've noticed level 3 gear has new stats, like special resistances.

Also, quests with very basic info. Reward, area, fail-conditions, special notes. I don't know about others, but I don't want a walk-through, just a bingo guide of quick need-to-know stuff. Failing that Flower Gathering mission was annoying.
---
#18JtrunksPosted 5/22/2012 3:38:08 PMmessage detail
I heard you can change your characters appearances later on in the game? Is this true, and where?
---
#19JtrunksPosted 5/22/2012 4:00:17 PMmessage detail
<p>From: Jtrunks | #018
I heard you can change your characters appearances later on in the game? Is this true, and where?</p>

Never mind, found it. Gran Soren. Barber shop. Was under the impression you could change body type too tho :/
---
#20BargainTuesdayPosted 5/22/2012 6:48:15 PMmessage detail
Thanks for the guide. There's a lot to learn about this game.