Dragon's Dogma Guide / FAQ

#111ArachnidsForgerPosted 10/11/2012 5:22:39 AMmessage detail
I started out as a Strider, can I still get some good strength added later on even if I want to be along that class?
---
PSN: TBA?
Pawn: TBA
#112GalladetheGreatPosted 10/23/2012 5:25:36 PMmessage detail
PapaRosario23 posted...
I want to make sure it's at the top.

It will always be at the top.
---
http://i.imgur.com/dNXZN.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/zr7iv.jpg
#113largerockPosted 11/21/2012 6:34:18 AMmessage detail
Is it a bad idea to be a fighter for 30 levels, a warrior for 20 more and then change to an Assassin?
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#114WheeperPosted 11/21/2012 4:13:58 PMmessage detail
Anyone know all monster spawn points?
---
The best is yet to come.
#115gucollaresPosted 12/2/2012 6:59:30 AMmessage detail
largerock posted...
Is it a bad idea to be a fighter for 30 levels, a warrior for 20 more and then change to an Assassin?

Not necessarily. YouŽll just have a slightly lower atk and a somewhat mediocre stamina (due to the WarriorŽs terrible ST growth).
In exchange, youŽll have a much, much higher health poll assuring your Arisen will survive tough encounters (pawns can die... you canŽt) and overall better def status, as compared to a "purebred" assassin.

Remember, though, that your ST problem is not so terrible, as there are items to recover stamina effectively and thereŽs the allmighty Liquid Vim.

The main problem of this build, also the problem of almost all phys-atk builds, is a very poor mag-def. Consider those options: 1) some leveling as Mystic Knight or Magic Archer or even some of the caster classes. 2) Specialize in equipment that boosts mag-def. 3) Employ tactics that quickly stop enemies from casting powerful spells. YouŽll still get hurt a lot by breaths, fireballs of hellhounds, etc, but you wonŽt sacrifice lvls neither equipment slots.
#116largerockPosted 12/5/2012 10:37:29 AMmessage detail
gucollares posted...
largerock posted...

Not necessarily. YouŽll just have a slightly lower atk and a somewhat mediocre stamina (due to the WarriorŽs terrible ST growth).
In exchange, youŽll have a much, much higher health poll assuring your Arisen will survive tough encounters (pawns can die... you canŽt) and overall better def status, as compared to a "purebred" assassin.

Remember, though, that your ST problem is not so terrible, as there are items to recover stamina effectively and thereŽs the allmighty Liquid Vim.

The main problem of this build, also the problem of almost all phys-atk builds, is a very poor mag-def. Consider those options: 1) some leveling as Mystic Knight or Magic Archer or even some of the caster classes. 2) Specialize in equipment that boosts mag-def. 3) Employ tactics that quickly stop enemies from casting powerful spells. YouŽll still get hurt a lot by breaths, fireballs of hellhounds, etc, but you wonŽt sacrifice lvls neither equipment slots.

So what would happen if say...instead of Fighter I were to be a MK instead? And yeah, Hellhounds rape me badly.
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#117feraldrgnPosted 12/31/2012 2:09:37 PMmessage detail
Ack!
Just had the Lost & Found quest cancel on me.
I completely forgot which quests were Story related (went to see what was lurking at the bottom of gran soren),
I hope I can find this game interesting enough the 2nd time around... -_- I tend to get bored once I know the story.

It's only a small niggle I guess, I just hope it doesn't happen too often since it feels like padding in a way.
#118iluvwwPosted 1/18/2013 3:23:23 PMmessage detail
I bought some dlc content, rift crystals, if I start a new character i lose all the dlc, and can you have two saved games with out over writing your orginal save? fantastic game took a little to get use to.
#119feraldrgnPosted 1/19/2013 7:34:20 AMmessage detail
iluvww posted...
I bought some dlc content, rift crystals, if I start a new character i lose all the dlc, and can you have two saved games with out over writing your orginal save? fantastic game took a little to get use to.

Don't 100% know myself, but here's a quote from another forum:
You can create as many saves as you want and they'll all have access to the DLC, EXCEPT FOR THE RIFT CRYSTALS because they are attributed to your save/character, not your gamertag.

Replace "gamertag" with "PSN ID" & you get the idea.

The "as many saves as you want" is referring to starting over, unfortunately you can't have more than 1 save file at a time, so selecting "New Game" will just overwrite your current game.
#120PapaRosario23Posted 1/20/2013 6:25:28 AMmessage detail
Bump
---
Second Mars rover, Bicuriousity, also open to exploring Uranus