Dragon's Dogma Guide / FAQ

#31Onion_MasterPosted 5/23/2012 1:25:17 PMmessage detail
Do you still have the breakdown of Weight and the multiplier effects it has on your character?
---
This is my signature.
#32NightShadowKPosted 5/23/2012 1:51:41 PMmessage detail
Valor_Phoenix posted...
Items / Gathering
- Wormwood Sap + Gransys Herb (is Wormwood Sap red?)

What is this supposed to make? I can't combine them using item combination for some reason.
#33Valor_Phoenix(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2012 2:39:19 PMmessage detail
No break down on actual weight affects right now. Might be something Flyojumper does.

As for that combo, it's actually Greenwarish, not Gransys Herb. They're both green, got them confused.
---
~ PSN ID: ValorPhoenix ~ Raven [ / . \ ] Hubris ~ Bone Ravens
"There are more defective users than defective systems."
#34Ikaru_Posted 5/23/2012 2:44:18 PMmessage detail
When you sit down to interview your pawn,
how do the questions change?

I keep getting the same 3 over and over again.

do I need to look for different inns?
#35naii2526Posted 5/24/2012 2:40:13 AMmessage detail
different inn seem not help......

I tried both at pawn guild and inn all question will randomly

only the personality that likely to be equal and he/she cannot decide which one to focus on

they will ask you to point the direction for them

From what I tested about pawn order since beta til release the command still response the same

up - tell your pawns to go ahead / attack /all out DPS
+Scather, Pioneer

left - to buff and boon you first / to use support skill / to cc skill
+Utilitarian

right - to heal
+Medicant, (Nexus)

down - stay/fall back/regroup/stick together
+Guardian
#36Kai_AurionPosted 5/24/2012 6:13:27 PMmessage detail
Someone mind telling me how do I enter the Frontier Caverns?

(I'm playing on New Game Plus, and haven't progressed that far again through story, and I didn't attempt to venture here in the first playthrough, so not sure if it's unlocked at a certain point in the story or not...)

Like rather, I got the achievement to enter it; but after slaying all the Goblins there was a gate that blocked further entry; and I don't think I missed a switch to open it.

Then up on top of the Shadow Fort; there's a gate that presumably also leads to Frontier, but that too is locked.

Any help is much appreciated since sadly, the game's still too new for me to just Google my answers lol.
#37XxXKiIIerXBunniesXxXPosted 5/24/2012 8:59:15 PMmessage detail
Anyone know if you should take off everything off the rental pawns before 'release' ing them? or does everything on them, besides equipment of course, get sent to yoru storage?

If i should have made a separate message for this let me know i'll just delete this message. thanks for any replies.
---
You should read your Bible, sirs. You'll find all types of weird stuff in there. Like, did you know Jesus was a Jew? -Jay
#38Valor_Phoenix(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2012 10:31:18 PMmessage detail
XxXKiIIerXBunniesXxX posted...
Anyone know if you should take off everything off the rental pawns before 'release' ing them? or does everything on them, besides equipment of course, get sent to yoru storage?

If i should have made a separate message for this let me know i'll just delete this message. thanks for any replies.

-------
Nah, no need to remove stuff form them, it automatically gets dumped into your storage. I do it on occasion just so food they've gathered doesn't spoil and to keep their weight light.

If you can equip stuff to them, that might count as a gift. Haven't tried, but it was something a dev mentioned long ago.
---
~ PSN ID: ValorPhoenix ~ Raven [ / . \ ] Hubris ~ Bone Ravens
"There are more defective users than defective systems."
#39Kai_AurionPosted 5/24/2012 10:46:03 PMmessage detail
Valor_Phoenix posted...
If you can equip stuff to them, that might count as a gift. Haven't tried, but it was something a dev mentioned long ago.

Equipping another Pawn with gear will automatically make it a gift. When that Pawn returns, the owner will have the option of returning the gear to normal or to keep the changes that the renter made. Either way, they keep the gear.

I've equipped many a Pawn; and have in turn had mine equipped a few times.

On another note; still looking for help on the Frontier Caverns >.>
Anyone know how to enter?
Or at least where a Hydra may be? (Aside from the story-based Encampment one)
#40HamsterAnnPosted 5/25/2012 12:10:36 AMmessage detail
Kind of disappointing but...

I found a skeleton and wanted to test it. So I stripped down to my fancy pantsu and punched the first NPC I came across in the face then kicked them in the chest O:

I was promptly arrested and put in jail. I went to open my cell door and [BAM] I was free. Until I came across another gate at the exit of the jail that my skeleton key would indeed not open so I had no choice but to bribe the guard (after punching him in the face and kicking him in the chest with no punishment).

Moral of the story: Don't get caught.