Berserk Armor/Weapon location (How-to)

#1ry_mannPosted 5/23/2012 1:10:50 PM
Read the whole thing before starting this, make note of some tips I give to minimize your struggles.

Here is the map with the location of the Ancient Quarry North Entrance shown (red box at the center of the map).

http://i50.tinypic.com/t5srvc.jpg

Alon is a Peddler located just outside, you can't miss him.

Preparing ahead of time:
First things first, you'll want to prepare. First, reduce the number of female party members as much as possible (if you or your main pawn are female, there isn't much you can do).

Second, you'll want access to Fire based abilities, either from a Mage or Sorcerer, or from the Ranger or Magick Archer's abilities (check Valor_Phoenix's skills topic for more info). Mystic Knight's Fire enchantments can help as well, anything fire based will do.

Thirdly, bring curatives for yourself only, check your party members for any extras before buying your own. Again, these are ONLY for you, you can just stick to reviving your pawns when they fall, they'll recover back to roughly 50% health without the use of curative items.

Optional step: Head to the Gran Soren Pawn Guild and look at the job board for a quest called "Sisters in Peril." You'll know it's the right one when it asks to kill two ogre in the quarry. This will kill two birds with one stone (extra gold and EXP).

Now, make your way to the North Entrance. Avoid the bandits (they'll whittle your health down more than necessary). You'll find Goblins but they shouldn't be too much trouble if at all.

Once outside the North Entrance, speak with Alon. He'll tell you he wants to get through the Quarry (as a shortcut) to get to Central Gransys, but there is a gate inside that prevents him from passing through. This gate is guarded by an Ogre/troll. (you can also find a "Quarry Key" in one of the side rooms on a rock table for unlocking any locked doors. This is not part of the quest)

There are two ways to unlock the gate. First, lure the Ogre to the pressure plate and it'll open. Or kill the Ogre (safer... Sorta) and stand on the plate and use the "Come" Command to move your pawns to it. Kill the Goblins inside.

Optional: Proceed ahead to kill the second Ogre if you picked up the Sisters in Peril quest. It'll be at the end of the narrow path up on a ledge.

Now from here there are two things you can do. Run back (head North) and tell Alon the gate is open, or keep moving South and kill the third Ogre (it's off in one of the side paths near the south entrance). Telling Alon the gate is open will have him request you clear the Quarry, so I personally recommend you go ahead and deal with the third Ogre. The last one should be a little easier since the room is shaped like a circle, allowing you to perform hit and run tactics (attack, run all the way around, attack from behind, rinse, repeat). But there are also explosive barrels you can use. I advise to goad it into walking over to them and then shooting them, causing significant damage as well was giving the Ogre the Burning Debilitation, maximizing your damage output.

Once this is done, back back to Alon and tell him it's clear. He will run off. Once you find him again he will sell to you and has the Berserk gear that everyone seems to want. Note, I'm not sure where he runs off too. There's a rest camp just south of the Southern Entrance. He may also be at the Shadow Fort (West of the South Entrance) or Aernst Castle (South of the South Entrance). I'll have to check myself but I believe that area is full of high level monsters, so be care and play smart.

Let me know if anything was confusing and I'll rewrite this guide. Good luck!
---
PSN: Ry_mann88 xFire: ithinkipooped
www.clanbotc.com
#2deathisajerkPosted 5/23/2012 1:18:31 PM
What's funny is I ran into this mission by accident. I ended up clearing the entire area from the opposite end, found him, told him everything was dead and then it was over. Glad to know I can buy the berserker set from him.
---
Liquid Nitrogen is dangerous because it can freeze anything in seconds, which begs the question... Will it blend?
#3ry_mann(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2012 1:19:53 PM
deathisajerk posted...
What's funny is I ran into this mission by accident. I ended up clearing the entire area from the opposite end, found him, told him everything was dead and then it was over. Glad to know I can buy the berserker set from him.

Nice lol. I'm not sure if he'll sell them immediately or where he goes after this is done, but I plan on checking later tonight.
---
www.clanbotc.com
#4ZornixPosted 5/23/2012 1:37:32 PM
Ehm, he doesn't sell the Berserk set, he sell's the Hawk set. And he will be located at the abandoned mine inside.
---
D || S || D
PSN - CatasTastrophe & Rapheos.
#5ry_mann(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2012 2:28:26 PM
Did anyone find this helpful?
---
www.clanbotc.com
#6MrVilla61391Posted 5/23/2012 2:31:58 PM
so if your main pawn is female you can't get the armor?
---
If you're a female shut-in, people reach out to you and you're thought of as cute and shy, but if you're a guy shut-in you're basically f***ed.
#7ry_mann(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2012 2:42:03 PM
MrVilla61391 posted...

No you can. Having any females makes the Ogres a little tougher to deal with as they frenzy the whole time, increasing their damage output and increasing the frequency of their attacks.
---
www.clanbotc.com
#8MrVilla61391Posted 5/23/2012 2:47:57 PM
ry_mann posted...
MrVilla61391 posted...

No you can. Having any females makes the Ogres a little tougher to deal with as they frenzy the whole time, increasing their damage output and increasing the frequency of their attacks.

oh ok that makes sense.
---
If you're a female shut-in, people reach out to you and you're thought of as cute and shy, but if you're a guy shut-in you're basically f***ed.
#9ghetoyodaPosted 5/23/2012 2:58:35 PM
He settles inside the mine. There's a bandit camp that you'll run into and he takes over their spot. Also he does sell both Guts' and Griffith's armor. Guts' set is call "swordsman ____" and iirc his sword is called Thousand Limbs. One last note, the armor sets are very expensive. The blade alone was over 100k so save up!
---
~*~GHETOYODA~*~
#10Shadow ReaverPosted 5/23/2012 3:10:02 PM
ghetoyoda posted...
He settles inside the mine. There's a bandit camp that you'll run into and he takes over their spot. Also he does sell both Guts' and Griffith's armor. Guts' set is call "swordsman ____" and iirc his sword is called Thousand Limbs. One last note, the armor sets are very expensive. The blade alone was over 100k so save up!

how good is the Armor and weapons? low, mid, or high tier? i might be doing that quest today as last night i got to the Capital.
---
We each play out the parts Fate has written for us. Free will is an Illusion. - Kain