Quick EXP and Rank grinding spot/trick ?

#1psttitiPosted 5/24/2012 1:54:12 AM
Any suggestion?
I m now using the class I dislike. (Warrior) just for getting augment only, so I wonder where should I go for quick grind ranking?

Also, any suggestion on good spot to grind quick exp for level in general?
I try at night, because monsters spawn a lot there, but then I found out that it take too long time to kill, and may not worth it. also risky too.
#2ragedemonzPosted 5/24/2012 2:09:16 AM
If you can take down a bunch of Striped Saurians (the pawns call them sulfur saurians) exit gran soran and take the road northwest. There's about 20 or so Saurians all along the hill on the rocks. Careful though pawns seem to have trouble with them
---
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye, then it's a scavenger hunt.
LoL - Poisodon
#3psttiti(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2012 2:22:51 AM
So what level and team set up would be optimized on that spot?

I found a good night spot for the white wolf yesterday, they yield a lot of exp, but because it is at night, and you don't see them easily, so I can't stay long enough and force to back town to resupply. (training warrior too, and too slow for wolf)
#4rage8989Posted 5/24/2012 3:01:48 AM
i concur on the sulfur sarians also (they arnt to bad if you know how to beat any sarian)
sometimes theres a cyclops to the north thats good to snag for exp to.

ohh ya and at night that empty little camp near the bridge has some phantoms that are easy exp if your a magick archer (can pick them off at long range without them fighting back).
#5psttiti(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2012 3:51:28 AM
rage8989 posted...
i concur on the sulfur sarians also (they arnt to bad if you know how to beat any sarian)
sometimes theres a cyclops to the north thats good to snag for exp to.

ohh ya and at night that empty little camp near the bridge has some phantoms that are easy exp if your a magick archer (can pick them off at long range without them fighting back).

So what are the team set up u used?
#6ragedemonzPosted 5/24/2012 12:11:34 PM
Team setup for Saurians require a mage for healing and magic enchantments, and then what I'VE had the best luck with are knockdowns and knockups in order to give an opportunity to take out the tail. You can get away with any comp that has that, but Warriors probably have it easiest.
---
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye, then it's a scavenger hunt.
LoL - Poisodon
#7AnitaBongHitPosted 5/25/2012 4:35:34 PM
Does rank grinding go along with EXP grinding? For example, would I rank up a vocation faster taking down larger enemies, or smaller enemies?
---
"Wit is educated insolence." - Aristotle
PSN: BaconSlayerX; BBCS Mains: Taokaka, Hakumen, and Makoto
#8DetsuaxhePosted 5/25/2012 4:43:08 PM
My best understanding is that you get job exp from every kill in pretty even proportion to the regular exp. But you don't get it for completing quests. So you want to focus on kills for job ranks but work on quests as well as kills for level.
---
Where's my "Accept This Moderation with Extreme Reluctance and Resentful Glares" button?
When reading and responding to my posts, try to take it easy.
#9AnitaBongHitPosted 5/25/2012 5:06:24 PM
Oh okay, cool. I was debating whether I should save the grinding for vocation ranks before or after I do some more questing, since I'm only level 22. I don't want to feel over-leveled too early by grinding or anything...
---
"Wit is educated insolence." - Aristotle
PSN: BaconSlayerX; BBCS Mains: Taokaka, Hakumen, and Makoto
#10wubbahduckyPosted 5/25/2012 5:07:40 PM
if you have a ranged class fight the dragon, he is easy if you can dodge. even with a melee class he is easy. i was a mystic knight at level 22 and i won