key for the catacombs

#1onizer0Posted 5/27/2012 4:55:24 PM
Hi guys just wondering if anyone knows regarding this

i took the pawn quest which required me to slay 36 skeles at the catacombs

managed to hammer 20 so far and going through all the areas in the catacomb except for 2 particular sections. both sections are locked with an iron gate and a key is required

my question is, anyone know where i can get the key to unlock the gate? i have been going through the entire catacomb twice now and nothing

help please...thanks ^_^
---
steam ID: kenshiroro
#2AuRoN2500Posted 5/27/2012 4:57:30 PM
I believe that theres another quest that will lead you back into that cave with the key in hand.. Keep playing!
#3Heat_Phins_FanPosted 5/27/2012 4:57:58 PM
You get the key later on in a quest in Gran Soren
---
PSN: MV3_HeatFan
#4Valor_PhoenixPosted 5/27/2012 5:15:39 PM
I hate quests like that.

When you finish them, you get the reward immediately, in which case the reward is a very heavy stack of skulls.

Just wander around the area north of Gran Soren at night, lots of skeletons there.
---
~ PSN ID: ValorPhoenix ~ Raven [ / . \ ] Hubris ~ Bone Ravens
"There are more defective users than defective systems."
#5onizer0(Topic Creator)Posted 5/27/2012 5:15:51 PM
thanks for that! at least now it makes sense because i spent alot of time just looking for the key lol
---
#6onizer0(Topic Creator)Posted 5/27/2012 5:17:11 PM
valor, if i recall the quests wants you to kills skele soldiers in the catacombs and not the normal ones that spawn outside at night
---
#7Valor_PhoenixPosted 5/27/2012 5:21:14 PM
Hunt quests don't care where you kill them at.

Catacombs is more a 'suggestion' or a hint at where to find some than anything else.

Does matter where you kill them at, just that you kill some.
---
#8Fourth_BonkuraPosted 5/27/2012 5:25:48 PM
You can kill Skeletons on the surface at night as long as you're near the catacombs. I got all my kills between the first entrance to the catacombs and the river.
---
Nooooo, I'm fish
*cook myself* -Leo4999
#9AuRoN2500Posted 5/27/2012 6:14:36 PM
Valor_Phoenix posted...
I hate quests like that.

When you finish them, you get the reward immediately, in which case the reward is a very heavy stack of skulls.

Just wander around the area north of Gran Soren at night, lots of skeletons there.

Those skulls can be used later for another hunt quest.. I made the mistake of selling them after I got them.. Now I have to get like 50 skulls:/
#10Valor_PhoenixPosted 5/27/2012 6:22:24 PM
I'm a Monster Hunter player, I don't sell anything that might be used to make something else. I know how to create a materials stockpile.

It was just annoying because I was on a treasure haul and the skulls put me overweight, so I had to redistribute all the load across the party. Very annoying.
---