Greatest. Ending. Ever.

#1IronknuckleMMPosted 5/28/2012 1:11:22 AM
SPOILERS.

Ok, the ending after getting the wakestones was amazing. One of the most memorable gaming experiences I have ever had. It explained online mode, game a reason for new game +, and let you be A GOD. Absolutely awesome ending. This game deserves a much bigger fanbase with better reviews.
---
It was the worst case of suicide the state had ever seen. The poor guy shot himself in the head sixteen times!
Gamertag: StalfoLordMM PSN: Stalfo_Lord
#21penance1Posted 5/28/2012 2:19:17 AM
Better reviews? The story is horrible TBH. The ending seemed kinda random. Alternate realities weren't even mentioned until the last fight. While it does piece together a lot of things, such as the Ur Dragon fight and the beginning, it still just tops off the ending to a bad story. Forgettable characters, meaningless deaths, and unclear motives litter the story and the result left me wondering what was going on. The ending only confused me more.

Greatest ending ever? Have you played Batman: Arkham City? Now that ending holds weight. This game has great combat and exploration, but the story needs work.
---
Official Darui of the NUNSG Board
PSN-- Twilight09 XBL-- Wriptide
#3seth4461Posted 5/28/2012 2:29:47 AM
So you missed the part where pawn returned from helping another Arisen in another Realm? Wow. Your Arisen must be in desperate need of sleep.
---
You may not be as good as I am, I may not compare to you, but until you prove either; I'd wager we'd both be better off staying quiet about it.
#4Prototype909Posted 5/28/2012 2:33:47 AM
I enjoyed the ending, but Greatest Ending Ever? Eh that's stretching it haha.
#5nafetsecPosted 5/28/2012 2:51:36 AM
Maybe not the greatest, but certainly one of the weirdest. And-- honest question-- why does everybody think this explains ng+? When the pawn comes back, he/she is still in the present-- the duchess knows you and everything, right?
---
"One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings."
--Diogenes chalks one up for post-mortem irony.
#6SkaldskaparmalPosted 5/28/2012 7:43:10 AM
Everything up until getting all of the wakestones was pretty good. Everything past that was pretty bad and came completely out of nowhere.
#7RudderZPosted 5/28/2012 7:51:28 AM
1penance1 posted...
Better reviews? The story is horrible TBH. The ending seemed kinda random. Alternate realities weren't even mentioned until the last fight. While it does piece together a lot of things, such as the Ur Dragon fight and the beginning, it still just tops off the ending to a bad story. Forgettable characters, meaningless deaths, and unclear motives litter the story and the result left me wondering what was going on. The ending only confused me more.

Greatest ending ever? Have you played Batman: Arkham City? Now that ending holds weight. This game has great combat and exploration, but the story needs work.

To be fair, the story takes a lot of great ideas and the reason it ends up not being great is because they combined too many of them.

BUT, the story is not horrible. It's what I'd call a Japanese flare, almost always a bigger power at work and almost always end up defeating some form of God. I like that personally and it was fantastic closure, not to mention it did give me some genuine feels at the end.

I personally found it leaps and bounds better than Skyrim's ending (And story in general, how could you be attached to anyone in that game?), for instance. But yes, games like Arkham City are above and beyond the majority of story-based video games out there. Especially when it comes to characters. The only characters I truly liked in DD were the Dragon, the Duke and Mercedes was cool.
#8JoshelplexPosted 5/28/2012 8:01:14 AM
Skyrim's storyline was at least consistent, even if it wasn't very good.
---
Magnificent Seven had the greatest soundtrack ever. FACT.
PSN: Joshelplex
#9ravencPosted 5/28/2012 3:20:27 PM
The plot reminded me a lot of Xenogear. Even suffered the same plot issues as well. Weird.

Honesty, if you pay attention to the dialogue and to certain quotes, the plot makes sense. I mean the lyrics of the main title and credits reveal a lot of the plot, but the game itself waits til 3/4 of the way to head towards the direction it went, so most people probably thought it didn't make sense or they went this route to seem deep.
---
Xbox 360 GT: Raven the Last