Mystic Knight: Guide for Squires!

#1ColdEmbracePosted 5/31/2012 9:34:03 AM
For all the knights in training, Mystic Knights, lend us your knowledge!

Tell us which vocation you started as and which vocations you have honed your skills with before achieving your status as a Mystic Knight.

To attain true power as a Mystic Knight what must a young squire aspire to; Melee, Magic, or Balance?

Please share your opinion on the best path for a Mystic Knight and what augments you have selected to maximize your abilities. (I know this is single player, but for those who would like to know)

Which path yields the most powerful Mystic Knight?!
#2NovaLevossidaPosted 5/31/2012 9:36:59 AM
I spent about 50 levels as a sorcerer. While my magic is extremely impressive, I only have about 1600 health at level 62. I'd really suggest leveling up some on melee vocations because it just isn't fun getting killed in one hit often.
---
Invading world of the guilty as spirit of vengeance
The guilty pay the price.
#3stier27Posted 5/31/2012 9:39:13 AM
get the real wrym ring and make a forgery and give the forgery to the quest giver they say that wrymring fasten up cast time
#4alphasevPosted 5/31/2012 9:44:42 AM
i think starting as a mage and moving to sorcerer to mk would be a good way to do it. since i started as a fighter and moved to mk after gaining everything from it ive noticed that the magic skills like magick cannon barely do anything. so im basically still a fighter but with a bigger shield
---
PSN:alphasev
DD Pawn: Ayra Oblige "Ari" Strider
#5MisterRansomPosted 5/31/2012 9:49:03 AM
I'm going to be starting a solo MK when I get home (got bored with Sorc). My plan is Strider to 10 for balanced stats, and then go MK the rest of the way (minus grabbing Rank 1 augments).

I'm planning on running Dexterity (Str 2), Bastion (War 1), Awareness (Sorc 1), and then Fortitude, Adamance, and Periphery. Defense-heavy, yeah, but all the offensive augments are deep into other vocations, and I'm just not interested.

Skill-wise... Ruinous Sigil, Great Cannon, and probably Burst Strike or Full Moon Slash for sword; High Comestion/Frigor/Brontide for staff (like there's really a choice); and the shield is where I'm coming up short... aside from the obvious Fire/Holy Trance (depending on where I'm going), I'm pretty clueless on what else I should be looking at. =/
#6bioskarrdPosted 5/31/2012 9:51:15 AM
alphasev posted...
i think starting as a mage and moving to sorcerer to mk would be a good way to do it. since i started as a fighter and moved to mk after gaining everything from it ive noticed that the magic skills like magick cannon barely do anything. so im basically still a fighter but with a bigger shield

Getting an elemental weapon helps out with this a lot.
---
PSN: lthaqua
#7ColdEmbrace(Topic Creator)Posted 5/31/2012 10:13:06 AM
I have read alot about going from Mage to Sorcerer to Mystic Knight and abusing great cannon and sigils. Is this the most powerful build for the Mystic Knight?

I started as a Fighter and changed to Mystic Knight at level 10 for the rest of the way. Will this build be just as powerful overall? I know the magic will be weaker but does the balance make up for it?
#8NuuTypePosted 5/31/2012 10:14:50 AM
I started with Fighter, and found that to have been a good thing because a lot of the sword skills transfer over to Mystic Knight (even at Rank 1).

Over-all Mystic Knight is powerful, Magic Cannon can clear a sky-full of harpies in seconds But overall it was a very unfulfilled class. I had more fun with Fighter, Warrior, and now I'm having more fun with a Rank 4 Strider.
---
Probability of mission hiderance..zero percent
#9BBOYChaiothPosted 5/31/2012 10:15:00 AM
I started as a fighter and moved over to Mystic Knight after i maxxed out my previous vocation. The success of a Mystic Knight, whether you focus on melee or magick, is your actual magick capability and stats.

Even melee, 2 of the Mystic Knights greatest skills are Great Cannon and Ruinous Sigil, both based on a magic stat.

So, what i do, and i find it successful mind you, is i keep my best melee weapon equipped most of the time, with skills: Burst Strike, Skyward Lash, and Great Cannon since i have a good magick stat from being a Sorcerer for a while. (Idk if the skill names are for their highest versions, but I have the highest ones).

I then, depending on the situation, switch to my best staff, which i keep on my person always. In some cases, magic works wonders, and it keeps my Arisen versatile and able to perform at his peak.

Now... the Shield skills... i never really use them to enchant my weapon, i generally use Fire Riposte, Frost Riposte, and Thunder Riposte because I have really gotten the Perfect Block down. I also feel that the Ripostes do a good amount of damage given any situation. That setup works best for me with support from my Fighter, Sorcerer, and Mage pawns. Hit me up if you need help for anything.

PSN: Chaioth
---
PSN: Chaioth
Official Shadow Warrior of the Fraternal Order of Monster Hunter Veterans
#10ColdEmbrace(Topic Creator)Posted 5/31/2012 10:20:50 AM
Thank you.

So do you suggest that I start as a Mage and go into Sorceror before becoming a Mystic Knight?