Can someone just tell what to do?

#1JedimasterDavidPosted 6/3/2012 12:19:44 PM
I'm awful at open world RPGs for one reason: I'm indecisive. I've tried playing fighter- Mystic Knight and Strider- Ranger but both times I just felt weak or I didn't like the class. I went and started a new game, forgetting the whole one save slot thing and now that I'm back at character creation I don't know what to do.

What is the most fun class to play as that isn't particularly complicated? I don't think most of the hybrids would suit me since I'd have to sacrifice half of one's skills for the other and I don't know how I feel about any of the others.

Honestly I realize this seems silly or ridiculous but I'm at an impasse. I just need someone to say "just start as X and change to Y at level Z" so I can focus a little bit more.
---
Everybody in the world is equally inferior to everybody else in the world.
#2BBOYChaiothPosted 6/3/2012 12:23:46 PM
Well its entirely up to you man. If you're straight melee, go fighter (its rewarding in the end)... like to hit & run? Strider. Magic? Mage... and it leads well into Sorcerer.

All you gotta do is pick a path you want your character to ultimately be, and work to build yourself up to that point. But my personal opinion.... go for Fighter or Strider, and end as Assassin.
---
PSN: Chaioth
Official Shadow Warrior of the Fraternal Order of Monster Hunter Veterans
#3JedimasterDavid(Topic Creator)Posted 6/3/2012 12:25:44 PM
My thing is just that I don't like to feel like I'm sacrificing abilities and since I can only have 6 moves at once I felt like the hybrids gave me too few options. Yet at the same time being solely one thing sounds like it would get stale. Maybe I should just stop whining and learn to manage my skills more eh? haha
---
#4Fallen_RayeanPosted 6/3/2012 12:28:43 PM
If you like Melee, go Fighter; then switch to Warrior as soon as you get to Gran Soren.
If you don't like the slow 2handers of warriors, still stick with it and max the vocation for the final two augments (Or if you'd rather just enjoy something and not be as effective as possible skip it), then go back to fighter.

If you Want to be a Mystic Knight or Magic Archer, Go Mage-Sorcerer(Max)-Whichever of the two sound nice

Want to be Ranged? Go Strider-Ranger(Maybe max warrior for the augments unless you hate it).

Jack of all trades? Assassin has bow, daggers, sword and shield. Go Fighter/Strider, switch to warrior and max the vocation, then go to assassin.

That's more or less a simple guide without all the crazy buying and switching for all maximum stuff.
---
Isis Moriendo Renascor
#5Sypher1993Posted 6/3/2012 12:37:36 PM
Assassin is really good, especially with Bastion and the night buffs. What I did for some extra health and attack power:

Start as fighter and keep doing that until you max the vocation (L25-L30). Then max your strider vocation (should be maxed around L40-L45). Then have some fun as an assassin with sword and bow. Vocation switch to warrior to buy the 'Bastion' perk, buy all the night specific perks of the assassin and you want 'Lyncean Sight) as a main bow skill for sniping (make sure you also buy the increased damage perk for non-attack mode enemies). With all that set you have a practically indestructible assassin at day and an invincible assassin at night.
#6JedimasterDavid(Topic Creator)Posted 6/3/2012 12:54:08 PM
I liked as a fighter having moves that charged me into the fight (Blink strike or something like that?) and the move that dodged and then hit, don't remember the name.
Then as a Strider I almost solely used the bow and liked that.

Is there a class that lets me use both effectively? The dodging and striking swords and the powerful ranged abilities?
---