Metal golem mission wont start

#1p06111981Posted 6/4/2012 12:09:02 PM
I just finished the witch hunt mission and left witchwood and quickly returned.

apparently there's a mission called "mettle against metal" but I cant get it to start.

What do I need to do?
#2DJVoltairePosted 6/4/2012 12:12:29 PM
You get it after the greatwall "accident" (can't remember quest name) and before the quest "final battle".
#3galousePosted 6/4/2012 12:16:37 PM
You can just jump on it over and over and hit it... It will just get up on its own... Meanwhile you can also start destroying the crystals
#4ReignOfDestinyPosted 6/4/2012 12:16:57 PM
Actually, it starts right after Witch Hunt. Just leave and go rest for a couple of days.

At the right angle you can spam double-jump or use Levitate to get back on the ledge that leads into Witch Hunt from Cassardis.

What the 2nd responder was talking about was the Notice Board Quest at the Encampment which appears after the Cockatrice fight.
#5colin_laneyPosted 6/4/2012 12:18:03 PM
p06111981 posted...
I just finished the witch hunt mission and left witchwood and quickly returned.

apparently there's a mission called "mettle against metal" but I cant get it to start.

What do I need to do?

go to the south of the second witchwood part and he is on the small island, as soon as you touch him the mission should start.
#6Thanatos2kPosted 6/4/2012 12:20:43 PM
I think it's pretty random. I returned to the Witchwood to gather King Bay Leaves and ran all over the sleeping golems including the metal one. I smacked them with my weapons, but nothing. Then I went and collected the King Bay Leaves and returned back to the riverside. THIS time the metal golem did stand up and a quest began. And during the process of killing all the mirror medal things ANOTHER regular golem stood up and joined the fight!

So if you visit the golem and it doesn't activate, perhaps just run around that area for a little while and approach it again.
---
-Thanatos2k-
#7Melar20Posted 6/4/2012 12:24:56 PM
I think the mission doesn't start if Selene is still present in the forest. Leave and rest a few days so Selene moves to your house, then return.
---
PSN ID: Melar20
#8ReignOfDestinyPosted 6/4/2012 12:27:48 PM
Thanatos2k posted...
I think it's pretty random. I returned to the Witchwood to gather King Bay Leaves and ran all over the sleeping golems including the metal one. I smacked them with my weapons, but nothing. Then I went and collected the King Bay Leaves and returned back to the riverside. THIS time the metal golem did stand up and a quest began. And during the process of killing all the mirror medal things ANOTHER regular golem stood up and joined the fight!

So if you visit the golem and it doesn't activate, perhaps just run around that area for a little while and approach it again.

Its not that random. After Witch Hunt it only takes 2-3 days of rest and then another 3 days after you kill the metal golem once.

You'll know you can do the quest when you see the glowing purple discs throughout the forest.
#9Thanatos2kPosted 6/4/2012 12:30:23 PM
How is it not random when I entered the area and walked up to the metal golem only to have nothing happen, then after collecting King Bay Leaves and wandering around for a bit WITHOUT LEAVING THE AREA and approaching the golem again that it activates?

This was far more than 3 days after finishing Selene's quest there.
---
-Thanatos2k-
#10ReignOfDestinyPosted 6/4/2012 1:15:59 PM
Thanatos2k posted...
How is it not random when I entered the area and walked up to the metal golem only to have nothing happen, then after collecting King Bay Leaves and wandering around for a bit WITHOUT LEAVING THE AREA and approaching the golem again that it activates?

This was far more than 3 days after finishing Selene's quest there.

Ah, then maybe it is. Or it changed from night to day. I never really checked to see if the Golem was available at night.