How to get to the FIRST UNDERGROUND FLOOR in the Catacombs?

#11DetsuaxhePosted 6/5/2012 9:32:53 AM
Your question has already been answered. Stop.
---
Where's my "Accept This Moderation with Extreme Reluctance and Resentful Glares" button?
When reading and responding to my posts, try to take it easy.
#12Wandegarrast(Topic Creator)Posted 6/5/2012 9:37:03 AM
Detsuaxhe posted...
Your question has already been answered. Stop.

There are two locked doors in the catacombs! If the answer's been answered then, which one was he talking about?
---
PSN: MarcellNigro
#13macstarvoPosted 6/5/2012 9:44:26 AM
I'm not arguing anyone's post but I was just there last night for the first time for the salvation quest that Max gave me (before meeting the Duke) and when I checked the map before leaving I saw no additional areas that I hadn't been. I got all the slates and most of the chests behind bars were accessible by just walking around certain corridors. I got the key from the cyclops and the 5 slates. I swear I thought I saw "1st floor underground" on the map when I was fighting these skeleton mages in the "sewer" type underground where the water is ankle deep. Was I mistaken?
#14Wandegarrast(Topic Creator)Posted 6/5/2012 9:49:32 AM
macstarvo posted...
I'm not arguing anyone's post but I was just there last night for the first time for the salvation quest that Max gave me (before meeting the Duke) and when I checked the map before leaving I saw no additional areas that I hadn't been. I got all the slates and most of the chests behind bars were accessible by just walking around certain corridors. I got the key from the cyclops and the 5 slates. I swear I thought I saw "1st floor underground" on the map when I was fighting these skeleton mages in the "sewer" type underground where the water is ankle deep. Was I mistaken?

No dude, you are talking about another quest! The one on the matter takes place in the CATACOMBS not the one in the waterfall where u need to get 5x slates! heavy as hell lol :D
---
PSN: MarcellNigro
#15paradisegamerPosted 6/5/2012 9:51:56 AM
macstarvo posted...

Yeah. This is the water god temple. It's the wyrm hunt research quest. You don't get the second catacomb quest from max until you've visited the Duke.
---
Jackleber - Bwa ha ha that's awesome. Did you drunk dial my mom? That's wicked...... UnlimitedDeviation
#16Thanatos2kPosted 6/5/2012 9:57:29 AM
There are two locked doors in the catacombs!

And they both lead to the same place.
---
-Thanatos2k-
#17paradisegamerPosted 6/5/2012 10:00:49 AM
Also, a door or two in there isn't actually locked. It's just barred shut from the rear. Smash the bar, and it'll open. Not sure if that's where you're getting confused at, but I'm on my second new game and just got the quest again last night. This is pretty much how it works out.
---
Jackleber - Bwa ha ha that's awesome. Did you drunk dial my mom? That's wicked...... UnlimitedDeviation
#18xxcheexxPosted 6/5/2012 10:02:32 AM
I remember there was this locked door/gate just up a flight of stairs in that area where you get the Salvation orb things. Was that gate really inaccessible? Never got to figure that out (or maybe I've been to the other side, just not paying attention).
---
psn id: wicked_being
Dragon's Dogma pawn: Ciel (Fighter)
#19macstarvoPosted 6/5/2012 1:35:13 PM
Wandegarrast posted...
macstarvo posted...

No dude, you are talking about another quest! The one on the matter takes place in the CATACOMBS not the one in the waterfall where u need to get 5x slates! heavy as hell lol :D

Ha ha you're right. I played both the catacomb one where the salvation was and the watergod one as well and got them both mixed up. Sorry for the mistake, didn't want to mislead anyone. LOVED the fat zombies in the catacombs. So it must be the second visit post-duke then TC is referring to.