Double jump vs. levitate

#1HappyBullPosted 6/8/2012 8:44:49 AM
Go!
#2Cutlass_JackPosted 6/8/2012 8:48:52 AM
Double Jump is the best. Because not only does it make it easy to shorcut up large monsters, but its better to stab those monsters with daggers than your stick.

The singular exception was having to get to the top of a pillar in Everfall to get one of those damn DLC coins. Was much much easier with levitate.
---
PSN:CutlassJack
Pawn:Spitfire
#3AxepriestPosted 6/8/2012 8:52:27 AM
Levitate is best as it'll get you into the shortcut, back entrance of Witchwood.
#4Dart_Feld7Posted 6/8/2012 8:52:48 AM
I like double jump more for exploration, evasion, and combat.

Sometimes levitate is better to get to certain spots when exploring.

Levitate's fall damage reduction is very limited/not that useful.
---
I don't really think too much before I post, I just like to contradict popular opinion.
http://www.last.fm/user/justinra
#5ZeroJinKuiPosted 6/8/2012 8:54:29 AM
how do you get double jump?

i got levitate as a mage, which i used for the shortcut to witchwood... but i need to wield a staff for that to work, and i dont plan on going back to mage... and i wont be using a mystic knight for awhile.

do you need anything specific for double jump to work?
---
"You think you can just come here and attack us?"
"You must be crazy, or just plain stupid!"-Meng Huo
#6HappyBull(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2012 8:57:32 AM
Hey guys would you say levitate allows you to get to more inaccessible places then DJ would? Or vice versa? I haven't been to all areas yet so just curious.
#7evangelion92Posted 6/8/2012 9:01:13 AM
ZeroJinKui posted...
how do you get double jump?

i got levitate as a mage, which i used for the shortcut to witchwood... but i need to wield a staff for that to work, and i dont plan on going back to mage... and i wont be using a mystic knight for awhile.

do you need anything specific for double jump to work?

Double jump is a core skill for dagger user. Can learn from vocations that use daggers.
---
If you want breakfast in bed, just sleep in the kitchen
#8Thanatos2kPosted 6/8/2012 9:01:18 AM
Levitate is, oddly enough, better at reaching higher areas because you can grind yourself against walls and somehow gain height.

Also it travels far longer horizontally than double jumping, opening access to many more areas..

Also it's way better for escaping people attacking you during battle by hovering away.

Double jumping is better if you're attacking things.

Overall, levitate wins.
---
-Thanatos2k-
#9HappyBull(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2012 9:07:08 AM
Thanatos2k posted...
Levitate is, oddly enough, better at reaching higher areas because you can grind yourself against walls and somehow gain height.

Also it travels far longer horizontally than double jumping, opening access to many more areas..

Also it's way better for escaping people attacking you during battle by hovering away.

Double jumping is better if you're attacking things.

Overall, levitate wins.

Actually how long does levitate last anyway? Also that first thing you said about grinding walls to gain height is interesting but is that universal or only certain terrain? (Thinking of going the magical route for my next character :D)
#10Thanatos2kPosted 6/8/2012 9:08:31 AM
You get levitate very early on in the staff professions. Just go learn it real quick and try it for yourself.
---
-Thanatos2k-