Game Save Editor?

#21Shadow_Blaze23Posted 6/10/2012 10:34:29 AM
I don't know how it's done, but if WKC2 is any indication you can save edit on the PS3. I think it's hex editing and this game probably has a very complex save file.
---
PSN: Shadow_Blaze17
#22FranzTornado(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2012 2:22:57 PM
Crimson, I've tried getting rid of the pawns in every way imaginable haha. Once they disappear as a result of dying in combat or falling from a cliff, it crashes. Or if I'm to teleport away or leave the area it does the same. Same if I drown them or throw them into the Everfall. Online and Offline.

Yeah I've tried reloading from the last checkpoint and it just gives me all the same crap sadly.

And yeah I've done that too. Usually that has sorted out my problem if anything like this has happened in the past (mainly Bethesda games) but not this time, sadly. Thanks for your suggestions and trying to help me though.

Wolf, I've used the save and return to title screen before but I don't think I did that the last time I did it before all this happened was done like that. When I did it though I did it because it was there, and I thought it'd be a valid option. Very stupid programming indeed. And Capcom have told me that if they do release a patch that it would be preventative in nature. What good is that to me? I'd be glad that others wouldn't need to go through it but why should I, or anyone else this has happened to? Surely there's something they could do.

Yeah I know there was quite a lot of hackers on that, Shadow. That's what made me think that it could be possible on here. I guess if anyone sees this and knows of an editor they'll point me in the right direction. Haven't played the game in about three days but I keep checking back here just to see if anyone has any solutions.

Thanks so much for everybody's support and trying to help me so far by the way. I really appreciate it.
#23PMA_GreedPosted 6/12/2012 1:37:02 PM
sion041391 posted...
Kronos210 posted...
DemiNoises posted...
Unfortunately PS3s aren't cheap pieces of crap to hack around with like 360s but I'm sure that there are people on this board that are willing to give you handouts so it isn't like your'e completely starting over.

But I don't know how helpful that was :/

PS3's are perfectly hackable lol. There's a reason PSN went down a full month. Lets not be naive.

He talking about editing save files, not hacking the system, so learn to read.

Which, not to be that guy, can also be done with enough know how. Which isn't that much. It isn't exactly the CIA.

And please, before I'm caught in a never ending **** storm that I'll never see since I don't care, yes it is possible.
#24FranzTornado(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2012 4:19:48 PM
PMA_Greed posted...
sion041391 posted...
Kronos210 posted...
DemiNoises posted...
Unfortunately PS3s aren't cheap pieces of crap to hack around with like 360s but I'm sure that there are people on this board that are willing to give you handouts so it isn't like your'e completely starting over.

PS3's are perfectly hackable lol. There's a reason PSN went down a full month. Lets not be naive.

Which, not to be that guy, can also be done with enough know how. Which isn't that much. It isn't exactly the CIA.

And please, before I'm caught in a never ending **** storm that I'll never see since I don't care, yes it is possible.

You sound like you may have knowledge on editing save files. Is that correct? And if so, would you be able to talk me through it?
#25Eeshaan1685Posted 6/12/2012 4:21:08 PM
FranzTornado posted...
PMA_Greed posted...
sion041391 posted...
Kronos210 posted...
DemiNoises posted...

You sound like you may have knowledge on editing save files. Is that correct? And if so, would you be able to talk me through it?

Me too
#26ChainsOfAtrophyPosted 6/12/2012 4:48:42 PM
Most PS3 saves are encrypted. Including Dragons Dogma. If you want to edit it, you'll have to decrypt the Data0.dat in the save.
---
"Flapping the wings of scarred yet broken angels, I will erase the pain that has suffered me some day"
#27FranzTornado(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2012 10:46:04 AM
ChainsOfAtrophy posted...
Most PS3 saves are encrypted. Including Dragons Dogma. If you want to edit it, you'll have to decrypt the Data0.dat in the save.

I have no idea how to do that. D=
#28XFactor1Posted 6/13/2012 12:58:02 PM
If you had PS+ you can upload save files to the cloud anytime.
---
--
#29p06111981Posted 6/13/2012 12:59:14 PM
XFactor1 posted...
If you had PS+ you can upload save files to the cloud anytime.

There you go guys he's cracked it. Use PS plus to automatically hack your saves. Thanks dude lol

PS did you used to hang around the outbreak board?
#30StonerJackPosted 6/13/2012 1:03:45 PM
This is relevant:

http://kotaku.com/5914704/a-modern+day-game-genie-for-the-ps3-will-debut-at-e3-offer-maximum-lives
---
PSN: Mister_Raccoon
This post contains my own opinions and/or experiences. YOUR RESULTS MAY VARY. I am KING of the CAPCOPS! Come at me!