Forgery questions

#1NessEggmanPosted 6/10/2012 7:48:59 AM
OK, so I was looking through the trophy list and there's a trophy for obtaining a forgery. What does this mean? I've had stuff forged at the Black Cat but never got this trophy. Granted, I forged a carrot and one of the journal entries... so maybe those don't "count" ?

Also, how do you tell the difference between your real thing and your forgery? Now I just have two first journal entries but they're even stacked... does it just do that because there's no use for a forged first journal entry?
---
Just wake me up when Tokimeki Memorial 4 is announced.
g Rod "hing RodCopper Fishin For fishing.
#2NessEggman(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2012 7:53:45 AM
OK, I figured out the answer to the first one through search, sorry. But as for the second, is it also because it's not a magical item so it's essentially just duplicating it?
---
#3DeanpoolPosted 6/10/2012 7:55:53 AM
I got the trophy after forging the Salomets Grimoire (a quest item) as regards other forgeries if they stack its because yes there is no penalty for foging whatever item. i mostly use the Black Cat to forge materials for weapon/armour upgrades if im short of an item - freakish mane, spurious wing etc...
---
Broken games are getting more frequent - Im starting to feel like a ****ING Beta Tester!
#4NessEggman(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2012 8:15:53 AM
Oh, wow, that's a good idea. I needed an extra glacial pinion for something and I went out and hunted the ice harpies to get one, even though I wanted to go on another quest. I could have just dropped the glacial pinion off at the forgery and headed out on the other quest while he made it. Thanks for the tip!
---
#5cornishpetePosted 6/10/2012 8:16:57 AM
Deanpool posted...
I got the trophy after forging the Salomets Grimoire (a quest item)

i did the exact same thing. then delivered the forgery, and, without saving (first mistake) i used the item in the middle of gran soren, expecting come kind of stat boost.

it was a really stupid idea.
---
"Real Roman Legion? I thought that was all made up for the game. Was there a real one?" - 15643 -
#6AstroshakPosted 6/10/2012 9:49:07 AM
Salomet's Grimoire is one item you want to hand in the real version of, no point in forging it.

Wyrmkiller Ring, Gold Idol, and the two Badges of Amity (Maul's and Ophis') are worth forging, though you'd want to hand the real ones in and keep the forgeries.

There's something else that is worth forging, but only so you can hand both the real and the forgery in to two different people.

Otherwise, the only real use for the forger is to get materials made for upgrades.