Tattered Mantle

#1ShinigamiDollPosted 6/16/2012 3:17:38 PM
Just grabbed this little thing right outside the door to Grigori... I have never seen a piece of equipment in this game with such bad stats. Is there some secret that I'm missing to it? Like if you actually upgrade it, it becomes amazing?

Otherwise this seems like some pretty pathetic loot...
#2EzceedPosted 6/16/2012 3:24:45 PM(edited)
When it's dragon forged it grants you a lot of status resistances. Wait, let me load up the game and check...

EDIT: Yup, it grant's +10% resistance to poison, torpor, blindness, silence, sleep, skill stifling, curse and petrification. It also gives + 2% to all elements. I was curious as well as to why it had such meager stats, which was why I dragonforged it.
#3ShinigamiDoll(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2012 3:23:12 PM
Oh, so I could just equip before Grigori dies to get that Dragonforged right?
I'd rather not wear it for the entire battle because it lowers my defenses quite a bit.
#4XugarZPosted 6/16/2012 3:24:17 PM
http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Tattered_Mantle
---
... I zank you
#5Eliar99Posted 6/16/2012 3:24:48 PM
dragon forged it grants about 10% resistence to just about every debilitation, and 2% resistance to every element
before being dragon forged though, at 3 stars u get the -10% things, but you get the 2% element resistence. at three stars mind you. but yea, its pretty good
#6EzceedPosted 6/16/2012 3:26:16 PM
The wiki.... I need to remind myself of that. And yeah, you can wear it right at the end to get it d'forged.
#7ShinigamiDoll(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2012 3:28:17 PM
Alright, thanks guys! :) This is the second time I'm fighting Grigori and I'm trying to take advantage of his death making everything dragonforged.
#8Eliar99Posted 6/16/2012 3:29:21 PM
ShinigamiDoll posted...
Oh, so I could just equip before Grigori dies to get that Dragonforged right?
I'd rather not wear it for the entire battle because it lowers my defenses quite a bit.

not grigori, but when you fight the dragon. just go through the meh fight, and whne you are in a very large round outdoor arena, just use a makers finger on the dragon for a 1 hit knot out. i accidentally died the first time fighting him, but i did that and got a full set of dragon forged equipment for my ranger
#9XugarZPosted 6/16/2012 3:32:59 PM
I dunno, I feel like randomly mentioning this because I had to figure it out by myself on my 7th freakking go against Grigori, there's a bunch of ballistas surrounding the battle arena. 9 or 10 I think
---
... I zank you