Wow. Blue moon tower!!

#11xxcheexxPosted 6/18/2012 7:56:40 AM
Habboi posted...
Heh you killed it then. I don't know how you people do it. It's scripted to fly away towards Blue Moon tower after it has lost a certain amount of HP.

Mine got BBQ'd just a few seconds after it tried to take off. Guess I shouldn't have brought two fire sorcerers with me :/ Anyway, do we miss anything if we never got that scripted griffin event at Blue Moon tower?
---
psn id: wicked_being
Dragon's Dogma pawn: Thane (Warrior)
#12ErevilePosted 6/18/2012 7:59:58 AM(edited)
xxcheexx posted...
Habboi posted...
Heh you killed it then. I don't know how you people do it. It's scripted to fly away towards Blue Moon tower after it has lost a certain amount of HP.

Mine got BBQ'd just a few seconds after it tried to take off. Guess I shouldn't have brought two fire sorcerers with me :/ Anyway, do we miss anything if we never got that scripted griffin event at Blue Moon tower?

Just the rest of the fight and a second path about halfway up the tower where you won't have to fight stuff.
---
The thing that really separates man from beast is our penchant for death. No other species strives so fervently to efficiently slay its fellows.
PSN: Khoron
#13xenmindPosted 6/18/2012 7:59:51 AM
That's weird my griffon encounter took place south of gran Soren on that bluff above te cliffs. I went with some guards they hid in the bushes and I baited the monster with a dead goblin corpse
---
PSN: ZenMind, Gaming since 85.
#14HabboiPosted 6/18/2012 8:32:45 AM
xenmind posted...
That's weird my griffon encounter took place south of gran Soren on that bluff above te cliffs. I went with some guards they hid in the bushes and I baited the monster with a dead goblin corpse

That's how it starts. It's scripted to fly away towards Blue Moon Tower if you didn't kill it and that's when things get really epic. The developers put a fair amount of effort into the second half as you have to bash doors to get away from the Griffon. The tome guy even helps out if you did his quest.

Here's a vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?src_vid=NrCiV4LOYk4&annotation_id=annotation_628742&v=fYToNIOIA3o&feature=iv
#15squiggy9996999Posted 6/18/2012 8:40:18 AM
i think you can still go and get it if it died, no?

it just so happens that griffins keep the things they store in weapon chests. they're just funny like that, don't ask.

there was another quest too where a harpy or something was supposed to be hiding it in his nest, which involved me going through caves and, again, finding a chest. so how did i go from chasing a harpy up a mountain to opening a chest in an underground cave to find it?

video game logic i guess.