What is the best Ranger build for my Pawn?

#1VirusChrisPosted 6/19/2012 4:21:05 AM
I'm looking to see what is the best build for my Ranger Pawn, though she is handling herself very well I was wondering if I can improve her abilities even more. These are her Weapon Equipment and Skills.

Name: Iris
Level: 92
Vocation Rank: 9

Daggers:
Heaven's Key [Non-Dragon Forged]

Bow:
Savage Fang [Non-Dragon Forged]

Primary Skills (Daggers):
Hundred Kisses
Cutting Wind
Advanced Trigger

Secondary Skills (Bow):
Deadly Arrow
Tenfold Flurry
Fearful Din

Augment Skills:
Clout
Dexterity
Silence
Longevity
Damping
Leg Strength

Anything I should improve? I'm going to change her Primary Inclination from Guardian to Scather or whatever it was and I should get her weapons Dragon Forged right to best maximize her strength?
---
"Invoke... VIRUS SOUL!!!" ~ From my Virakins global manga project
Official Husband of Caster of the Fate/Extra boards
#2VirusChris(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2012 5:01:28 AM
So... no one has any suggestions?
---
#3Onion_MasterPosted 6/19/2012 5:44:31 AM
Lose Tenfold they never use it.

Spiral works wonders as an offensive move. I'm on the fence about Deathly. You can never go wrong with Fearful Din so you're good there.

Dagger skills are fine. Try to get Vehemence from the fighter vocation every little boost helps. Off the top of my head I use

Sinew
Clout
Vehemance
Profeciency

can't remember the others if you want to look it up my PSN is I_Zombie_I (two uppercase i's) Other than that I don't see anything inherently wrong with it. You already know it'll help to Dragon-forge etc...
---
This is my signature.
"If you've got a little boy you want to rent out to me just let me know" - ShadowBoyZX
#4VirusChris(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2012 2:14:02 PM
I see... any other suggestions?
---
#5SlininstienPosted 6/19/2012 2:18:57 PM
You would be amazing if you dragon forged and got the assassin person to go solo, rangers bows would be magnificient
---
PSN: DrSlininstein
Pawn: Caroline
#6Frozen-ShadowPosted 6/19/2012 2:24:12 PM
I agree with losing Tenfold and also Deathly. Deathly Arrow has a very weird high priority set to it. To the point where that's practically the only skill they'll use. The only thing that skill is good for is knockback. It looks impressive but the damage actually isn't. I would recommend Great Gamble in combination with the Grit augment. That skill is friggin' BEAST. Spiral Arrow is also good and the AI tends to use it fairly often. Din is nice. Dagger skills are fine

Augments: Clout, Vehemence, Grit (if using great gamble), arm-strength, and whatever I guess. I forgot what else I have on mine. There's no point in Damping. I'm not even sure that skill even works or it's so miniscule that it doesn't matter. Stability might be good if you have room. Proficiency doesn't work with bows as far as I've seen.

I'd also recommend throwing the petrification resist ring on your pawn. Since that's the only truly deadly status ailment as it completely removes your pawn from the party and you get stuck with the default 3-star rating when that happens.
---
*insert random pseudo-intellectual/quasi-humorous/narcissistic sig here*
#7VirusChris(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2012 9:31:37 PM
Slininstien posted...
You would be amazing if you dragon forged and got the assassin person to go solo, rangers bows would be magnificient

But... only the Arisen can get their equipment Dragon Forged, right? Does the Savage Fang bow even equip to Assassins? If not, I did max out my Ranger vocation for my Arisen so I guess I could use that to finish off the Ur Dragon.

Frozen-Shadow posted...
I agree with losing Tenfold and also Deathly. Deathly Arrow has a very weird high priority set to it. To the point where that's practically the only skill they'll use. The only thing that skill is good for is knockback. It looks impressive but the damage actually isn't. I would recommend Great Gamble in combination with the Grit augment. That skill is friggin' BEAST. Spiral Arrow is also good and the AI tends to use it fairly often. Din is nice. Dagger skills are fine

Augments: Clout, Vehemence, Grit (if using great gamble), arm-strength, and whatever I guess. I forgot what else I have on mine. There's no point in Damping. I'm not even sure that skill even works or it's so miniscule that it doesn't matter. Stability might be good if you have room. Proficiency doesn't work with bows as far as I've seen.

I'd also recommend throwing the petrification resist ring on your pawn. Since that's the only truly deadly status ailment as it completely removes your pawn from the party and you get stuck with the default 3-star rating when that happens.

The Deadly Arrow has saved my butt a few times when I have an enemy on me and won't let up or I can't dodge and my Pawn knocks them into the air and kills them (most of the time they die when they get hit by the Deadly Arrow.

I'll change the skills around though and the Augment, and I don't have the Petrification Resist Ring. I guess I'll go find it when I have the time. What enemies, besides the Cockatrice, turns characters into stone?
---