Online Ur: New Grace Period Theory

#1mustain2121Posted 6/21/2012 5:48:17 PM
So after fighting the online Ur (Gen 77) for a few hours, I got a (crappy) contribution reward. This doesn't look like a glitch anymore: I'm 99% sure it's Capcom changing the Grace Period.

The Online Ur Dragon rewards were supposed to be the best gear in the game and people were supposed to be fighting their butts off to get it. That takes leveling up, enhancing gear, practicing...etc. Bottom line: it's meant to keep people playing the game longer, thus reducing the number of used copies on the market.

But the previous Online Ur grace period was too lenient. People being able to get a kill after doing nothing ensured that even the noobiest of the noobs could get end-game rewards.

I think what Capcom did now was make a Grace Period where the Ur Dragon is alive with a bit of health (0.50~0.25) and you had to deplete the remaining health to get the kill legit. This ensures that only those who earn the kill get it. If your character isn't strong enough, 8 minutes won't be enough to get the kill. It's that simple.

There is NO need for a patch to make this change to the grace period and I hope I don't need to explain why.

Another complementary theory: this new Grace Period was not something new. It was meant to be triggered after killing 75 Online Ur Dragons. This is supported by the fact that the 360 crowd isn't experiencing this change AFAIK.
---
PSN: mustain21
#2onizer0Posted 6/21/2012 5:49:09 PM
damn that means gotta DF equips the hard way....
---
steam ID: kenshiroro
PSN: keraskepala
#3mustain2121(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2012 5:50:30 PM
onizer0 posted...
damn that means gotta DF equips the hard way....

I'll post a strategy I've been using to DF my gear. I DF 10~15 items every day but it's for advanced players with good gear (lv100 and up).
---
#4lubmelubyouPosted 6/21/2012 5:52:03 PM
I think this is comedy gold just so I can see the rage on these boards lololol.
---
"I mean it's not like you asked to be born. They have a life long moral financial obligation to you." - Sunburst on parents 04/05/2012
#5XugarZPosted 6/21/2012 5:52:05 PM
Explain to me then, why at lvl 105 I'm in there for half an hour and his health is only going up?
Even when he was in 'your' Grace period, even Grand Sacrifice wasn't scratching him?
With lvl 200 pawns blasting his *** nothing was happening?
---
... I zank you
#6mustain2121(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2012 5:53:54 PM
XugarZ posted...
Explain to me then, why at lvl 105 I'm in there for half an hour and his health is only going up?
Even when he was in 'your' Grace period, even Grand Sacrifice wasn't scratching him?
With lvl 200 pawns blasting his *** nothing was happening?

I dunno man, I'm Lv152 and when I fought it last, it had 0.5 and i dropped it to just under 0.1 before it flew away. It definitely does take damage.
---
#7yaboyblizz24Posted 6/21/2012 5:56:21 PM
explain how they can make such a change with no patch update, now if it was MEANT to start at 76 then okay.
---
If YOU have to talk crap online to make YOURSELF feel better, then its obvious YOU have daddy issues! "sad face"
#8SumomoYeahPosted 6/21/2012 5:56:45 PM
mustain2121 posted...
So after fighting the online Ur (Gen 77) for a few hours, I got a (crappy) contribution reward. This doesn't look like a glitch anymore: I'm 99% sure it's Capcom changing the Grace Period.

The Online Ur Dragon rewards were supposed to be the best gear in the game and people were supposed to be fighting their butts off to get it. That takes leveling up, enhancing gear, practicing...etc. Bottom line: it's meant to keep people playing the game longer, thus reducing the number of used copies on the market.

But the previous Online Ur grace period was too lenient. People being able to get a kill after doing nothing ensured that even the noobiest of the noobs could get end-game rewards.

I think what Capcom did now was make a Grace Period where the Ur Dragon is alive with a bit of health (0.50~0.25) and you had to deplete the remaining health to get the kill legit. This ensures that only those who earn the kill get it. If your character isn't strong enough, 8 minutes won't be enough to get the kill. It's that simple.

There is NO need for a patch to make this change to the grace period and I hope I don't need to explain why.

Another complementary theory: this new Grace Period was not something new. It was meant to be triggered after killing 75 Online Ur Dragons. This is supported by the fact that the 360 crowd isn't experiencing this change AFAIK.

except this new possible method is worse. Now there is no guarantee of a reward. So ppl will be less inclined to particiipate knowing that a 15 hr time sync wont guarantee anything. Instead it is completely luck based. So some random guy comes in for 5 secs gets killin blow gets gear, other guy doesnt gets crap for time. Terrible method.
---
psn ID: Evilmomo_FEAR
#9rkzhaoPosted 6/21/2012 5:57:56 PM
mustain2121 posted...
this new Grace Period was not something new. It was meant to be triggered after killing 75 Online Ur Dragons. This is supported by the fact that the 360 crowd isn't experiencing this change AFAIK.

this is my theory as well. It is completely possible to deplete the UrD hp at lvl100+ during the "new grace period".

75 is a pretty nice number to increase the difficulty on too.

I almost killed it using a warrior with completely unupgraded equipment cause I was trying to get the free dragonforge and was pretty much just chillin with UrD. I'll try actually using a sorcerer or MK on this magic build on 78 just to see what happens with the actual kill.

For people complaining about his health not going down, that certainly wasn't happening to me on 76 or 78.
---
Demon's Souls PvP vids: http://www.youtube.com/user/rkzhao
#10lubmelubyouPosted 6/21/2012 5:59:27 PM
yaboyblizz24 posted...
explain how they can make such a change with no patch update, now if it was MEANT to start at 76 then okay.

You do not need to patch the game to implement this. The change is made server side.
---
"I mean it's not like you asked to be born. They have a life long moral financial obligation to you." - Sunburst on parents 04/05/2012