The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

What's with all the cheap trades?

#1z827Posted 6/24/2012 11:36:11 PM
Well , I'm not sure about you guys but why on EARTH are people trading in rare loot from the Everfall with some common item that can be easily found from the Offline Ur-Dragon or the Merchants to boot?

Ascalon , Heaven's Keys and Volant White can be obtained simply from fighting ( and killing ) the Offline Ur-Dragon.

Sultry equipment can be obtained from Madeleine after giving her the Gold Idol ( Or raising Affinity with her , I'm not sure since her Affinity automatically maxes out upon receiving the Gold Idol )

Direwolf Capes can be easily purchased from the traveling Merchant in the Devilfire Grove after raising your Affinity with him - so is the Dragonleather Vest , which you can also obtain for free per playthrough.

All of the Everfall weapons can be PURCHASED.

Most equipment can be accessed from raising your Affinity with merchants or by using the Gold Idol - or finding the Pawn Merchants in the Everfall.

Now , STOP GETTING RIPPED OFF!
#2Exiled_TonberryPosted 6/24/2012 11:40:56 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3res_black_deathPosted 6/24/2012 11:43:58 PM
Perhaps the people trading the rare items already have spares so they don't mind the cheap trades?
I could be wrong but that's my guess.
#4kunosenseiPosted 6/24/2012 11:44:52 PM(edited)
It's their choice if they want something cheap for something rare(?) they have the freedom to do that.. Besides not everyone gets the items they want so they ask others who actually got it.

Another mans trash is another mans treasure as they always say.
---
Its "Betty" you son of a pig! The name is "Betty" -Master Pain-
PSN: GiseleFleming Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Mercedes
#5z827(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2012 11:46:32 PM
kunosensei posted...
It's their choice if they want something cheap for something rare(?) they have the freedom to do that.. Besides not everyone gets the items they want so they ask others who actually got it.

Yeah but the most plausible form of trade is in the form of Everfall equipment.
Like - say - I have a spare Berserkin and you have a spare Dragonsblood so we'd trade.
Trading a Dragonsblood for a common Ascalon is just a complete rip-off.
#6kunosenseiPosted 6/24/2012 11:49:03 PM
z827 posted...
kunosensei posted...

Yeah but the most plausible form of trade is in the form of Everfall equipment.
Like - say - I have a spare Berserkin and you have a spare Dragonsblood so we'd trade.
Trading a Dragonsblood for a common Ascalon is just a complete rip-off.

Well maybe they have a reason for just playing along or accepting. Perhaps the other traders being generous or as res_black_death said they have spares. :)
---
Its "Betty" you son of a pig! The name is "Betty" -Master Pain-
PSN: GiseleFleming Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Mercedes
#7VegerunksPosted 6/24/2012 11:53:36 PM
I Think TC is complaining because he's not getting the spares himself xD
---
Xbox 360 GamerTag: HolyKnight22
PSN: CrimsonDivide
#8z827(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2012 11:54:47 PM
Vegerunks posted...

Nope - I'm complaining because people might be getting ripped off.
I gave all of my spares to my friends so yeah , technically , I have no spares.
#9VegerunksPosted 6/24/2012 11:55:34 PM
z827 posted...
Vegerunks posted...

Nope - I'm complaining because people might be getting ripped off.
I gave all of my spares to my friends so yeah , technically , I have no spares.

So you got ripped off yourself? Because you gave them away for nothing of value :)
---
Xbox 360 GamerTag: HolyKnight22
PSN: CrimsonDivide
#10Exiled_TonberryPosted 6/24/2012 11:56:52 PM
I only seen it going for stuff like a dwells in light or a mask for a everfall loot item.
Other than that the only other reason i can see is they didn't know that the offline UR drops it (which a lot of people don't) or they have so much trouble with the offline dragon that trading a everfall loot item is worth it =P