Dark Souls...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Vegerunks

Vegerunks
4 years ago#1
Okay So I love this game, Dragon Age, and Dragon Age 2, but I hate Skyrim so my question is. Do you think I would like Dark Souls?

I ask on here because I heard the Dark souls board is full of fan boys with fangasms and here we have Dark Soul players that can like games outside of Dark soul.
Xbox 360 GamerTag: HolyKnight22
PSN: CrimsonDivide

User Info: MrVilla61391

MrVilla61391
4 years ago#2
do you get frustrated easily?
can you handle dying countless times and repeating the same path over and over?
is grinding a problem for you?
do you like slow combat?
If you're a female shut-in, people reach out to you and you're thought of as cute and shy, but if you're a guy shut-in you're basically f***ed.

User Info: wdstrick31487

wdstrick31487
4 years ago#3
dark souls has the best melee combat system in any video game today. it's also a fairy difficult relative to most modern games. well worth a try.
PSN: Strizzle31487

User Info: TriangleHard

TriangleHard
4 years ago#4
If you didnt like skyrim, theres good chance you might like dark souls.

It is practically opposite of skyrim

User Info: MrVilla61391

MrVilla61391
4 years ago#5
From: wdstrick31487 | Posted: 6/26/2012 12:42:24 PM | #003
dark souls has the best melee combat system in any video game today. it's also a fairy difficult relative to most modern games. well worth a try.

pure opinion.
If you're a female shut-in, people reach out to you and you're thought of as cute and shy, but if you're a guy shut-in you're basically f***ed.

User Info: Pattkw

Pattkw
4 years ago#6
If u even "like" dragon's dogma and havn't play Dark soul yet, you dont know what u missing.

User Info: Vegerunks

Vegerunks
4 years ago#7
Alright lets see... I like difficult games, idk how I like the sound of "slow" combat, but does it have a crafting system, romance system, or a party system in general? xD
Xbox 360 GamerTag: HolyKnight22
PSN: CrimsonDivide

User Info: xxiiixxiv

xxiiixxiv
4 years ago#8
You're a RPG fan, you like DD and you didn't play Dark soul. Poor you
Well, as for Skyrim, you like DD and you didn't play it. Good job
PSN: xxiiixxiv

User Info: wdstrick31487

wdstrick31487
4 years ago#9
MrVilla61391 posted...
do you get frustrated easily?
can you handle dying countless times and repeating the same path over and over?
is grinding a problem for you?
do you like slow combat?

well if youd like to troll.
1. i didn't die much since i was familiar with demon's souls- i'm just telling a newcomer to the series that you need to become familiar with the mechanics
2. i NEVER grinded (ground?) in dark souls. i know you can, but i never felt underpowered
3. combat is not slow unless you suck and keep backing and running away. it is a constant stream of rolls and perfectly timed parries which i wouldn't consider slow

and yes. of course i stated an opinion. when asked "should i get this game" one looks for opinions.
PSN: Strizzle31487

User Info: squiggy9996999

squiggy9996999
4 years ago#10
"pure opinion."

seriously, who does this guy think he is, posting his opinions in a thread asking for opinions?! get the thought police, asap! :P

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived