What Ranger skill is this?

#1DigiterPosted 6/29/2012 11:36:22 AM
I'm level 40 and have never really used a ranger in my team but needed some range dps after switching to MK. While fighting a Drake, the ranger I hired used a skill that took off nearly 3 dots of his life. The skills she had were Great Gamble, Comet Shot, and Tenfold. The shot kinda flashed white from what I noticed.

The reason this has me intrigued is because I haven't seen an attack hit this hard so far. I know it wasn't tenfold as it was a single hit, but I'm not sure which of the other two. I just want to make sure I have this in my party from now on :p
---
-Insert catchy phrase here-
#2NotRoesiaPosted 6/29/2012 11:38:15 AM
Comet Shot to the chest maybe?
---
PSN: Marlena89
Pawn: Mystogan lvl 135 Ranger Scather/Challenger
#3Digiter(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2012 11:39:13 AM
The heart was exposed and it looked like that's where it hit if that helps.
---
#4GuiltyGear1682Posted 6/29/2012 11:42:33 AM
I say comet shot, that skill is really powerful, the other one is tenfold, but Ranger pawn rarely use it and it also doesn't fit the Flash you saw
---
You have a room?!?! - Russell Peter
#5enjelsamaPosted 6/29/2012 11:48:48 AM
Sounds like Comet, as the Ai abuses it.

10fold is just 10 arrows.

Gamble passes as Deathly shot when pawn uses it.
---
Mmmm Choco Cookies
#6Divine_MagePosted 6/29/2012 12:03:03 PM
That's probably Great Gamble. The screen will flash a short white after the Pawn uses it and will completely deplete his/her stamina. It's the only offensive skill in my Ranger pawn's skillset, so I see it getting used quite often.
---
Perception is reality
#7Kevin949Posted 6/29/2012 12:31:50 PM
It's definitely great gamble. My ranger pawn uses that on the drakes all the time (I don't use comet or tenfold) and when he hits the heart just right, it drops the drake from full to 0 in one shot (well, obviously I still have to get the killing blow).
#8Digiter(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2012 1:26:09 PM
Thanks for the info. I'll have to keep an eye out for it on their skill sets from now on.
---
#9wdstrick31487Posted 6/29/2012 2:47:59 PM
Digiter posted...
I'm level 40 and have never really used a ranger in my team but needed some range dps after switching to MK. While fighting a Drake, the ranger I hired used a skill that took off nearly 3 dots of his life. The skills she had were Great Gamble, Comet Shot, and Tenfold. The shot kinda flashed white from what I noticed.

The reason this has me intrigued is because I haven't seen an attack hit this hard so far. I know it wasn't tenfold as it was a single hit, but I'm not sure which of the other two. I just want to make sure I have this in my party from now on :p

great gamble. to confirm it- the pawn was probably staggered after using it right? bent over catching his breath. comet shot (esp level 40) won't do the amount of damage you described even dead on to the drake's heart
---
PSN: Strizzle31487