Best bow and longbow?

#1PierceLeePosted 7/3/2012 9:42:55 AM
My pawn is fully ranked and fully skilled in all 6 vocations. However I rarely play as strider and ranger myself, so I don't know what weapons are good for her when she takes those vocations. I only have Fey Whisper and Noble Limb. Are those the best in the game? I know there is no bow of any kind dropped by the Ur dragon, but are the red dragon bow/longbow better?

Since I rarely play these vocations, I did not DF any bow or longbow (probably missing a material for 3-starring too). Anyone has the best bow and longbow DF'ed for trade? I have all online Ur drops and many Everfall extras. (I am going to bed now, won't be able to trade till tomorrow.)

By the way, is Dragon's Quickening the best magick bow? (I know this one cannot be traded. I have a couple of them DF'ed anyway.) Is the red dragon one better (comparing DF'ed to DF'ed)?
#2god_of_dragon_Posted 7/3/2012 9:44:44 AM
Best shortbow: Fey Whisper
Best longbow: Savage Fang

From what I know, there's Dragon's Blink and Savage Fang that are both stronger than Noble Limbs, though Savage is the strongest.
#3Crimson681Posted 7/3/2012 9:45:50 AM
Fey Whisper is the best Short bow. Savage Fang is the best long bow. You can buy both from everfall merchants.

You need great dragon fangs (from breaking URs face) to upgrade the savage fang bow to 3 stars. I forget what you need for the Fey Whisper.
#4vintage_axePosted 7/3/2012 9:46:13 AM
Do they have elemental enchantment?
#5god_of_dragon_Posted 7/3/2012 9:46:37 AM
vintage_axe posted...
Do they have elemental enchantment?

No.
#6Crimson681Posted 7/3/2012 9:46:57 AM
No normal bows have elements on them. Even magic archer bows are neutral magic damage.
#7PierceLee(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2012 9:48:51 AM
Oh ya, I forgot I already have DF'ed Savage Fang. So I just need to DF Fey Whisper then.

Are the red dragon ones better, comparing DF'ed to DF'ed?
#8vintage_axePosted 7/3/2012 9:49:25 AM
I supposed those will be overpowering but they forgot about mystic knight crazy elemental projectiles.
#9MHNetioPosted 7/3/2012 9:50:04 AM
Pretty much the same, all dforged.
#10god_of_dragon_Posted 7/3/2012 9:50:23 AM(edited)
PierceLee posted...
Oh ya, I forgot I already have DF'ed Savage Fang. So I just need to DF Fey Whisper then.

Are the red dragon ones better, comparing DF'ed to DF'ed?

No, they aren't better, though the differences in damage is very little.