My two cents on pawns in silk panties and platemail

#1Kia256Posted 7/5/2012 8:19:51 AM
It's pretty safe to bet that if you've spent a bit of time with the game, you've met a pawn in some ridiculously impractical and shamelessly sexualized gear. Have you ever stopped and thought about what that implies?

Before you start, I know it's just a game and only meant to be a bit of fun, but just think about it.

You've got a person, who is totally under your control and can't rebel against you no matter the horrible abuse she's subjected to (which happens quite often in the game world btw, as alluded to by Barnaby). And yet some people choose to dress her in the most ridiculously sexy and impractical clothes with the sole reason of getting her rented by other people for currency.

How are such actions named in our world?

Oh yeah, prostitution. Hell, sexual slavery if you consider that pawn can't say no.
#2Mr_CrikmanPosted 7/5/2012 8:30:11 AM
Sick, isn't it?

When I was running back from the Dragonforged in the middle of the night, I came across a girl pawn, maybe 5 ft tall, slumped over, stripped down to her bandages, no weapons, nothing. T'was pretty creepy.

Who does something like that??
---
PSN-ID: ElCrik
Pawn: Arria
#3newbpiePosted 7/5/2012 8:31:48 AM
Might be the pawn's evil stepmother. I usually hire naked pawns and buy a set of clothing just to make them look more decent ><
---
Herp derp derp.
PSN: Newbpie. Pawn: Selene.
#4Kia256(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2012 8:33:39 AM
Some cruel assassin probably. Took all her clothes and dropped her off a cliff, craven monster. :)
#5FR4NKDUXXPosted 7/5/2012 8:33:56 AM
Isn't that what the government does to us?
#6Benry026Posted 7/5/2012 8:39:34 AM
maybe she was trading. I do that wen i trade equipments
---
PSN: whitetigeren26
Pawn: sapphire
#7scarletdeathPosted 7/5/2012 8:41:29 AM
Considering prostitutes are people with a conscience, and this is a game with computer generated character models,

Wait, I lost my train of thought. Carry on.
#8Shamus425Posted 7/5/2012 8:42:25 AM
If silk lingerie gets me hired more I'm using it. Especially if they are dragonforged.
---
Level 85 fighter scath/utilitarian Biorr. Add me on psn if you want to use him for free. PSN is jgagne
#9Watcher78Posted 7/5/2012 9:08:27 AM
I'm at lvl 113 & with the exception of Grigory & the Ur, NOTHING puts a dent in me or my pawn when in armor. For this reason I go mostly armorless, although it's still rare I take serious hurt. I'll altenate between silver hoisen or lingere depending on my mood. I could go naked but those brown wraps are just plain ugly. Also I have to say I haven't noticed any increase in my pawns hire rate.

Perhaps they should have employed a similar mechanic to DC universe with style being seperate from armor.
---
---
I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.
#10psnshade71Posted 7/5/2012 9:11:03 AM
Kia256 posted...
It's pretty safe to bet that if you've spent a bit of time with the game, you've met a pawn in some ridiculously impractical and shamelessly sexualized gear. Have you ever stopped and thought about what that implies?

Before you start, I know it's just a game and only meant to be a bit of fun, but just think about it.

You've got a person, who is totally under your control and can't rebel against you no matter the horrible abuse she's subjected to (which happens quite often in the game world btw, as alluded to by Barnaby). And yet some people choose to dress her in the most ridiculously sexy and impractical clothes with the sole reason of getting her rented by other people for currency.

How are such actions named in our world?

Oh yeah, prostitution. Hell, sexual slavery if you consider that pawn can't say no.

Thats a bit of a stretch and over thought.
---
Psn: shade71 pawn lvl 200 sorceror, all DF gear, 2167 magic dmg, scather/mitigator