Capcom's ignorant customers are at it again...

#11PierceLeePosted 7/7/2012 3:58:05 PM
LoneFox177 posted...
We complain because this stuff should have been in the game on release but instead they decide to lock it out so they could make a quick buck off a few people unfortunate enough to make the mistake of buying it. There is almost zero effort put into these anyway. The new dlc that supposedly adds "new" voices is just one of the default voices with the pitch changed. It's shameful really.

I paid for the hotel room, why do I have to pay for mini-bar items? The mini-bar already comes with the room, I am entitled to everything in it. What a daylight robbery, and they overprice the items too, and I don't even like spicy chips.

:D
#12PrismsbladePosted 7/7/2012 4:05:34 PM
lol this is about RE6 take it to that board........even though it is another capcom game its not bothering DD at all.
---
Its commonly known on Gamefaqs that if anything is more evident than proven facts, its personal opinions.
#13whizzperPosted 7/7/2012 4:11:27 PM
PierceLee posted...
LoneFox177 posted...
We complain because this stuff should have been in the game on release but instead they decide to lock it out so they could make a quick buck off a few people unfortunate enough to make the mistake of buying it. There is almost zero effort put into these anyway. The new dlc that supposedly adds "new" voices is just one of the default voices with the pitch changed. It's shameful really.

I paid for the hotel room, why do I have to pay for mini-bar items? The mini-bar already comes with the room, I am entitled to everything in it. What a daylight robbery, and they overprice the items too, and I don't even like spicy chips.

:D

Some Vegas hotels have sensors in their fridges/minibars. If you even MOVE something you paid for it. Might as well drink it then.
---
PSN: whizzper134
http://livinglegacy.enjin.com/home
#14BageIsPosted 7/7/2012 4:13:45 PM
i want my 30 seconds back
#15MHNetioPosted 7/7/2012 4:34:21 PM
Ace_43 posted...
Man, I'm only 19. I was born in between the super Nintendo and N64. I grew up with both. GameCube can later. Then ps2 and so on. I couldn't agree with you more about the self entitled brats nowadays. I never sent any disks in the mail for patches tho. Why u ask? Because I was 9 years old, and just happy to play games. Mario kart, spiderman,Turok, all great games, and I never experienced any glitches. People complain about DLC like they're being forced to buy it. It's optional to buy, so don't worry about it. If u want it, great then buy it. If not,shut up and play your slightly inferior game compared to the ones who did buy it. Do I wish all DLC was free? Of course. Do I care If I pay 10-$20 for a Skyrim DLC that took coders, designers, engineers, voice actors, artists, scripters, a couple months to make? Of course not. Put yourselves in their shoes. Let's say u get up at 8:00 am to head to Bethesda, to work 10 hours on a DLC, every day, for 2 months. You're barely getting payed enough for rent and food. Oh what's that? Your wife is pregnant? Uh oh, you have a leak in your roof? Some kid just chucked a rock through your window? OMG, how am I gonna pay for this stuff? DLC comes out. People buy it and play it, recommend it to their friends and so forth. 6 days later u get a check in the mail for $5,000. You fix your roof, save money for the baby,get a new window. You still have $1,000 left over. Time for a nice trip to Hawaii with your wife. All because you worked hard and people wanted what you made. 3/4 of the people who complain....still buy the DLC. So just shut up. Nobody wants to hear how u think ME3 had a bad ending (which it wasn't the best) nobody wants to hear your tears hitting the floor because you didn't do your chores, so your mom didn't give u $20, now u can't buy the new DLC.

I agree with what you're saying (I think- I didn't agree with the formatting and I feel you got swept up in your own conjecture).

I don't have an issue paying for DLC. In fact, I'm pretty sure that is where the companies are getting a lot of their profits from. What they do with the DLC is also up to the company- that we're getting on-demand extras is still quite a novelty for me, being as I'm from a generation where expansion packs were on cds and store bought.

Now days businesses have gotten savvy and finally started edging in on people's disposable income. Obviously some have larger disposable incomes than others. I've practically thrown away thousands on stuff I've never really needed. Some of that was put to use to aid others who needed help from me, which I could provide financially. Other times, it's been pitched directly towards games, like spending $4 AUS on a sackboy costume in Little Big Planet 2. But it's not just my disposable income they're after- it's people who have deeper pockets than me, and even those with little to spend. KlickNation is famous for making millions from microtransactions. EA BioWare has now bought them out to eat the slice of their sweet pie.

This sort of thing is the way of the future. You move on with it.

And I hated the ending to ME3, but that won't stop me buying future DLC and gun packs in the MP. I believe the fault is with the consumer for believing the hype with such ardent fervor; I see no need to boycott a game because the writers couldn't deliver. It's not the first time gamers have been served up mediocrity and told to love it, and it won't be the last.
#16serpentwavePosted 7/7/2012 4:34:49 PM
I see both sides of the arguments' points.

I want to start by saying, this IS, in fact, a related topic for Dragon's Dogma, as it was part of the reason many people ventured forth in trying this game; the demo was proportionate contributor.

Secondly, the DLC topic is an extremely tired subject.. At first I felt sympathy / empathy for those who were mad at the notion but at this point, I now ask that you at least go get a job at Burger King to pay for the measly $2.50, or what have you.

Demo Frustration / Sadness:

I am old school (b.1974) and not to tell you my life story but, I have grown up on games whence before there was Atari (Google "Pong"). I quickly grew attached to Capcom through the years and Street Fighter II iced the cake; pushing me into the spotlight for Fighting Game-competitive / tournament play.
What is sad though, is seeing the business trend of "Cat & Mouse" or "Carrot in fornt of the Horse". I understand Japanese developer's need to Recoup losses from a struggling economy since the Tsunami but here is the question, "Is this Ethically Sound Behavior?".

I have always supported Capcom and am a RE fanatic, but to simply say the spacing in Demo releases is "Business" (and that was all they responded with, yep - one word), is plain rubbish.

CAPCOM PLEASE LIVE UP TO YOUR NAME AND DO NOT PLAY SHELL GAMES WITH YOUR CONSUMERS! :-/
---
PSN / XBL: SerpentWave
#17bulleaglePosted 7/7/2012 5:29:32 PM
I'm for DLCs right now, but one thing troubles me about the future of video games. Because companies know that they can get away with milking people for additional money, this may lead to some shady business practices in the future where there will be games that are largely based on DLCs.

With this in mind, I fear that video game companies may start to purposely provide large benefits for people who are willing to purchase DLCs, whereas those who just own the core game will be missing out on a ton of good content. In other words, it'll be like buying an incomplete game.

I don't care what fanboys will say to defend their video game companies, but remember that one of the main points of making video games is to make money. People can defend these companies all they want, but I'm sure that when companies start jacking up prices in deceptive ways, these same people will eventually start complaining as well. This is a different sort of business market, but look at what happened when companies tried charging people extra for ebooks just because they know it's the future. The same thing can happen to video games as well.
#18PierceLeePosted 7/7/2012 6:14:04 PM
BageIs posted...
i want my 30 seconds back

And you spend 1 minute posting this?

If you read the whole thread in 30 seconds, you obviously wouldn't have understood a thing.
#19kyleh614Posted 7/7/2012 6:32:40 PM(edited)
User Agreements are not legally binding contracts. If someone were to sue Capcom for example, and it went to court, Capcom cannot use the User Agreement as their defense, they could try, but it wouldn't hold up in court.

I've never once heard of a User Agreement being used against a customer, in court, and the courts siding with it. In fact i've heard only the exact opposite. See the case where a U.S. Citizen went to court against the software maker Autodesk, over the right to sell their software; in the user agreement for one of their software licenses, it specifically states you are not allowed to sell it. The court system sided with the person, not Autodesk, and stated that User Agreements are not legally binding and/or the law for the state or country is above the companies user agreement.
#20TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 7/7/2012 6:35:36 PM
kyleh614 posted...
User Agreements are not legally binding contracts. If someone were to sue Capcom for example, and it went to court, Capcom cannot use the User Agreement as their defense, they could try, but it wouldn't hold up in court.

I've never once heard of a User Agreement being used against a customer, in court, and the courts siding with it. In fact i've heard only the exact opposite. See the case where a U.S. Citizen went to court against the software maker Autodesk, over the right to sell their software; in the user agreement for one of their software licenses, it specifically states you are not allowed to sell it. The court system sided with the person, not Autodesk, and stated that User Agreements are not legally binding and/or the law for the state or country is above the companies user agreement.

Exactly, but all these people on video game message boards who know nothing about the law (like TC) act like user agreements are legally binding contracts. Even if that was true, which is isn't, it would mean nothing to anyone under 18 since minors can't be bound to a contract, as someone else here stated already.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D