Rock golems in witchwood

#1Advent_childOnePosted 7/8/2012 10:51:23 AM
I saw them when I went to save Selene but they didn't wake up to fight me. Why? When can I fight them? I have done everything I know how to do for Selene including getting the Tablet from the grave, and she lives in my house now. What am I missing?
#2kinger5542Posted 7/8/2012 10:53:57 AM
there is a metal golem there post game. they will wake up in post game.
#3god_of_dragon_Posted 7/8/2012 10:54:13 AM
Not all golems are active. The only golem in Witchwood that you fight is the one from the quest to save Selene, the metal golem in the back of Witchwood, and a regular one near the "waterfall", near the gravestone. You'll have to jump down and go near the water of course.
---
PSN: CHIGE23
#4god_of_dragon_Posted 7/8/2012 10:55:08 AM
kinger5542 posted...

Well I remember going there in post-game and I only recall one rock golem waking up. Also, Metal Golem is not post-game exclusive; you can fight it as soon as you go back to Witchwood after the Witch Hunt quest.
---
#5Advent_childOne(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2012 10:55:47 AM
OK!! So THAT'S where the "metal" golem is. Let me guess, the kinda shiny one? Thanks a lot. Much appreciated.
#6god_of_dragon_Posted 7/8/2012 10:57:35 AM
Advent_childOne posted...
OK!! So THAT'S where the "metal" golem is. Let me guess, the kinda shiny one? Thanks a lot. Much appreciated.

Yeah, approach the shiny one and it will raise. Prepare yourself for a fun battle~

Oh and if you're not a ranger/assassin/strider, I suggest you bring one pawn that is either ranger or strider with you. Seriously.
---
#7Advent_childOne(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2012 10:58:50 AM
god_of_dragon_ posted...
kinger5542 posted...

Well I remember going there in post-game and I only recall one rock golem waking up. Also, Metal Golem is not post-game exclusive; you can fight it as soon as you go back to Witchwood after the Witch Hunt quest.

Really? Cause that lazy bastard won't fight me right now.
#8god_of_dragon_Posted 7/8/2012 11:02:18 AM
god_of_dragon_ posted...
kinger5542 posted...

Really? Cause that lazy bastard won't fight me right now.

That's strange. Have you tried attacking it? In my first playthrough, not post-game, I saw it and I thought "oh that's a strange shiny rock?". I tried hitting it and it woke up. It took one full day to kill it due to me not having any long-ranged pawns with me, and me being a sorcerer.
---
#9Advent_childOne(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2012 11:03:03 AM
god_of_dragon_ posted...

Yeah, approach the shiny one and it will raise. Prepare yourself for a fun battle~

Oh and if you're not a ranger/assassin/strider, I suggest you bring one pawn that is either ranger or strider with you. Seriously.

Thanks for that tip. I'm an assassin with DFed heavens keys. So I'll be ok. Got a strider and a warrior in my party too. But this dork won't wake up. I wish I could climb up on him and take a dump on his back. Maybe he'd fight me then. Lol
#10god_of_dragon_Posted 7/8/2012 11:06:33 AM
god_of_dragon_ posted...

Thanks for that tip. I'm an assassin with DFed heavens keys. So I'll be ok. Got a strider and a warrior in my party too. But this dork won't wake up. I wish I could climb up on him and take a dump on his back. Maybe he'd fight me then. Lol

That sucks. However, if you really want to fight it, you can still go to the Everfall- Chamber of Estrangement.

There's two boss fights in the coliseum area: one which is an ogre, cyclops and rock golem. The second one, after you leave the room and come back, will be the metal golem and a Lich. The order may be reversed, since it happened to me that I went to that room and it was immediately the metal golem fight.
---