Is this a good way to build a mystic knight?

#1DanteDemonBloodPosted 7/25/2012 1:43:09 AM
I played a mage/sorcerer till level 30 now I'm going to play an assassin till 100. I'll get the augments from the fighter and warrior post game(Without leveling). A problem with this is I might not have enough health in the end, but I hear people say that health doesn't matter in the end, because you have so much in the end anyway. Is this true? And is this a good mystic knight build? Thanks guys.
---
PSN: Love4Arias
Pawn: Trish
#2superblyseriousPosted 7/25/2012 1:48:59 AM
There isn't a best way to build a Mystic Knight unless you want to have one solely to fight the UR Dragon Online. I have a MK that is strength-based, and it packs a nice punch up close as a more melee-centric build. If you just want to spam Great Cannon and Ruinous Sigil, then just keep leveling sorcerer until 200. There is no 'best', just whether you want to play more melee-based or magick-based.
#3DanteDemonBlood(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2012 1:57:02 AM
Ah thank you for the response. So great cannon IS based on your magick skill. I've heard it wasn't. Thanks mate.
---
#4HonooNoYariPosted 7/25/2012 2:01:46 AM
And even with melee centric builds, the MK's spells work a bit too effectively, so I'd say TC's plan will give the MK enormous magic damage which is good for Online Ur, which in turn means TC will be able to own anything with ease. I like the MK mainly for being a class that people can play both aggressively and lazily. It.can be played without ever even getting into melee range, like bow users/magicians, but can still wear heavy armor so won't be squishy even if surrounded. When you have a staff equipped you are basically a walking tank (not walking nukes, those are Sorcerers).

A lazy combat plan:
1. Plant a sigil
2. Plant 2-3 cannons facing all the mobs, that are too busy hacking at your meat shields
3. ????
4. PROFIT!!!1
---
PSN ID: ggn83
Dragon's Dogma Pawns: Past - Diandra, Current: Guts
#5DanteDemonBlood(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2012 2:09:14 AM
Thanks. That gives me sense of relief, that I'm not totally screwing over my magick knight.
---
#6Crimson681Posted 7/25/2012 3:08:52 AM
End game I don't really like MK. It takes too long to setup, and there are too many other classes that do far better burst damage.
#7DanteDemonBlood(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2012 3:14:18 AM
Crimson681 posted...
End game I don't really like MK. It takes too long to setup, and there are too many other classes that do far better burst damage.

I like him because he's FUN. And it's not that hard to set up. Just level a bit as sorcerer and assassin. Level assassin more if you want to be more melee oriented, and vice versa with sorcerer.
---
#8Crimson681Posted 7/25/2012 3:24:30 AM
I figured out how bad the great cannon's are when I took a MK and fought the arch hydra. They were enchanted with fire, and had horrible homing ability. And this was with level 10-200 in sorcerer gains. I tried MK, because I assumed it would have been LOLs, but it turns out great cannons suck vs quite a few different mob types, because they don't home in that well, and individually they don't do a lot of damage.
#9Crimson681Posted 7/25/2012 3:31:37 AM
For someone with high STR, just use assassin or ranger, both are far superior to MK in general killing ability and DPS. Big damage vs single spots is something MK can't do, which is why the class is rather lacking.

MA also has crowd control, and can still do big damage to single spots by climbing + Hundred kisses + immolate, and use vortex trail for crowd control vs large groups of small stuff.

MK is overrated.
#10DanteDemonBlood(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2012 3:49:34 AM
Again I said I like him because he's fun. I don't care if the assassin does more damage.

But I'm interested to know Crimson, what do you think of the sorcerer?
---