The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

UR Dragon Gen 128

#1flik101Posted 10/2/2012 7:01:03 PM

When you enter the Chamber of Lament, from Everfall or from Cassardi beach portal, you will see an "accessing server" message, during which a copy of the online Ur dragon will be downloaded. Kill the 3 enemy pawns to summon the Ur dragon into the arena. The Ur dragon will come with hp (and weak spots status) representative of his global health, but at any time players may be greeted with Ur dragon of varying hp. Do not be alarmed if you see an Ur dragon with hp different from what others are reporting - he is not healing himself. Look at the mean for its general health rather than individual hp values.

You will then battle him for 8 minutes on your PS3, after which he will fly away and you will see another "accessing server" message, during which the damages you did will be uploaded to the server for consolidation into the global health.

Over time, as players contribute their effort towards the common goal, the Ur dragon's global health will decline. Eventually, when the Ur dragon is killed by anyone, we go into grace period (GP). If you enter the Chamber of Lament during grace period, you will have a chance to land your own killing blow to gain good rewards (loots, and he will dragon forge every item you equipped).

During grace period, his health will start with around 0.3 bars and will decrease over time. So you may happen to summon a 0.3, 0.2, 0.1 bars or even one with hardly any hp left. You have to fight him as usual - this is a real fight, not one that you can destroy each red spot with a hit or two. We usually call this the 'hard' grace period.

The total grace period is less than 30 minutes, so timing is critical.

Disclaimer: A lot of the above are speculation from observation. There is no confirmation from Capcom.

Note: In a few of the previous gens, it's observed that there is no more soft gp. The hard gp will continue on until the Ur Dragon's hp is just a tiny bit left, where the hearts then becomes easier to destroy. This very last period only lasts a very short time. However in gen 117 and 118, Soft GP seems to have returned.

---
PSN: flik_101
Pawn: Lady Scatha (Lvl oo-Sorcerer: Scather/Utilitarian) Rank: 110th
#2Steel_VodkaPosted 10/2/2012 7:59:13 PM
I'm not gonna miss this one!
---
PSN: Steel_Vodka
#3flik101(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2012 8:43:21 PM
fought this one and sapped 30% of a life bar. Squishy or not? Now I don't know!lol 127 was taking heavy damage too but lasted for 3 days
---
PSN: flik_101
Pawn: Lady Scatha (Lvl oo-Sorcerer: Scather/Utilitarian) Rank: 110th
#4Steel_VodkaPosted 10/2/2012 10:08:53 PM
I'm using an assassin character, doing 2088 damage with my bow. Is that good enough?, or should I try finding better equipment?
---
#5AngryshooterPosted 10/2/2012 10:14:56 PM
so i just went in to see if i could do better than the previous time, and im surprised at the fact that i did no damage at all, dont mind my character, but i had 3 pawns with me and among them a lvl 200 yet the dragon hp bar never went down, i honestly dont get how it works >_>
---
PSN: Angryshooter
XBL: Angryshooter85
#6AsgardPosted 10/2/2012 10:19:25 PM
@Steel_Vodka
I used to emphasize bow use against the Ur Dragon. Then I t... Ahem!

Then I found I could inflicted damage more quickly and reliably by spamming Hundred Kisses with Heaven's Keys. I believe the people who still focus on the bow against Ur bring gigantic stacks of blast arrows in order to make it a viable approach.

The bow approach may be best left to rangers though.
---
PSN: Manfrinjinsindin, Pawn: Iristrielle - Mage 148 - http://i.imgur.com/cnEP4.jpg
Alt PSN: Asgard216, Pawn: Brandt - Warrior 90 - http://i.imgur.com/3zqFs.jpg
#7Steel_VodkaPosted 10/2/2012 10:43:55 PM
Well my current weapons are bardiche daggers and a stalwart bow.
---
#8Guyver1288Posted 10/2/2012 10:50:10 PM
Steel_Vodka posted...
Well my current weapons are bardiche daggers and a stalwart bow.

wow not bad if you use Heaven Key even much better......My damage is only 2000K. Strider lvl 200 with a team of 2 sorce, 1 mage

Have try all vocation to hunt UR but I still prefer strider out of all....Basically if you familiar with soft GP any vocation also can take down UR but for melee there is always a risk if the wing still light up
---
PSN Guyver168
#9AsgardPosted 10/2/2012 11:11:22 PM
Offline Ur is much squishier, is good practice, and has a 1/3 chance of rewarding you with Heaven's Keys each time.

I recommend you give him a sound thrashing.
---
PSN: Manfrinjinsindin, Pawn: Iristrielle - Mage 148 - http://i.imgur.com/cnEP4.jpg
Alt PSN: Asgard216, Pawn: Brandt - Warrior 90 - http://i.imgur.com/3zqFs.jpg
#10Steel_VodkaPosted 10/2/2012 11:38:51 PM
Thanks for the advice, I will try aiming for heaven keys offline.
---